“Just a place to sleep.” 3 of 5 stars

Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6345 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Ranked #142 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just a place to sleep.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for three nights in November 2012. The hotel is noticeably older than the high-rise hotels situated in the same area. Our room was on the 4th floor and there was a lot of noise outside from the motorbikes but i think that is just Miami in general and not the hotel's fault. Our room was really big with a huge walk in wardrobe and tv with a lot of channels. The hotel is a little out dated and this is highlighted by the huge modern hotels next door.
The bathroom had a few tiny ant-like creatures around the sink but we just killed them before using the bathroom; nothing too bad.
The maid came into our room every day and changed the bed sheets. the reception staff were really helpful and always helped us with directions etc.
The location of the hotel is quite far away from South Beach, but we got the 'S Bus' down every day and its only $2 each and takes like 10 minutes. The bus stops right outside the hotel too.
The hotel is right on the beach which is really clean and not too busy (compared to south beach).
My only real problem with the hotel is that we weren't allowed to check in until 4pm (we arrived at 9am!) and we had to check out at 10am (our flight home was at 9pm!).
I probably would not stay in this hotel again given the choice, however if you find The Casa Blanca to be significantly cheaper than other Miami hotels I would probably recommend it because you will be so busy in Miami you are literally just using the hotel to shower and sleep.
Hope this helps!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

750 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

All I was really looking for was a hotel on a beach, so I wasn't really that picky. This hotel had very friendly staff, and made the most amazing Pina Colata's I've ever tasted.( they add a splash of amaretto to it I think) the pool was clean, the rooms were spacious, and the beach was just a few steps away. The hotels restaurant was also a pleasant suprise. We ate there for breakfast and it had a great atmosphere. Very pleased we stayed there.

• Stayed October 2012
Guernsey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked a package though our local travelagent for our honeymoon. When we arrived the hotel looked fine from the outside, we walked inside and the lobby was very hot and stuffy, and the staff at the front desk were not in uniform and were watching football. We made our way to our room in the lift, when we got to our room it was extremely hot, the air con was on but was rattling and obviously not working correctly. We went back to front desk and they moved us to a different room. The 'new' room was cool as the air con was working, but the room was really dirty, the plug sockets were really unsafe and had no casing on them, the window didnt close and lock, the safe was not fixed in place and was really old and rusty. The website pictures look amazing but they are far from it! We would not recommend this hotel to anyone as you can get a better room for same price as we did when we checked out after 1 night and went to Miami Beach resort and Spa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Where do I start..... GiGi at the front desk was totally amazing.... Her personality was contagious. We got there like 11am... Check in was at 4pm.... Gigi gave us a cabana for free while our room was getting ready. We got some Cuban sandwiches across the street at a little cafe next to the 7-Eleven and went straight to the pool and just relaxed after coming from a 7 day cruise... The Bogart restaurant is beautiful and meeting Henny the bartender was a true delight. He makes great drinks and service with a smile. I'm sorry I don't rememberthe security guards name, but he was extremely informative when it came to choosing a restaurant. He recommended Sazon Restaurant. Sazon is located on 74 St. The food is great and offers great Cuban selections. The beach is like 100 ft from the pool. It was paradise. No rah rah like South Beach. I reommend this hotel very highly.... We definitely will be back real soon. Thank You Casablanca

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hi, stayed in a private condo at this hotel. This specific condo had a great terrace towards the ocean which was the best with this room. Most room do not have a balcony. Ok but not more. The hotel lies directly on the loooong lovely beach. Pool totally ok, boring area around the hotel, no Starbucks around. Valet parking worked ok, just a little waiting time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

In fact I liked the hotel. The room was clean, daily cleaning. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I did not expect that at this budget price will get high comfort.
Direct access to the ocean. Kitchen in the room, I could buy foods in Greenswall two blocks north and prepare dinner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My stay at this hotel was during the memorial weekend (May 23- 26th). On arrival I was unsure of what to think about this hotel. My first impression when entering this hotel would be a good stay because the lobby was nicely designed and clean( i was wrong). After entering my hotel room my attitude changed. On entry we were greeted by roaches and other insects. The bed sheets were stained with dirt, and still had stains even after advising management to change them. The continental breakfast sucked, I pretty much went to ihop for breakfast everyday instead. The vallet parkers were pleasant and sure to greet everyone on their way in but other than that I would say that they had bad customer service. The people who were staying in the room beside us got kicked out of the hotel because their room door got kicked in by what had seemed to be robbers. The hotel refused to check the cameras or perform a proper investigation. This made my husband and I feel uncomfortable and unsafe. By the third day I had enough and was scared. We got this hotel stay for a deal, but saving money doesn't mean anything if you don't feel comfortable or SAFE. So we checked out and went to the deuville hotel a couple streets up. After staying at the Casa Blanka my expectations may have been lowered but my stay at the deuville was GREAT.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel