“AMAMI: ONE LOVE” 5 of 5 stars

305 397 8577
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Amami is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 831 restaurants in Miami Beach
Description: AMAMI through the window
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“AMAMI: ONE LOVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Amami is definetely my fav restaurant in Miami. I have been hundred times since i moved to Florida and i cannot hesitate on going there almost every nights. I'm a very picky guy and it's hard for me to be satisfied 100%. There i find authentic italian food. I think to have tried the whole menu: my favorite dishes are "Calamari alla livornese" and "Spaghetti mussels and clams". Love knowing that i can ask anything and they will make for me even if it isn't on the menu, Last night for example i asked for "Corvina" but cooked in different way. The chef understood very well what i meant and it was simply amazing. Probably is the only one restaurant where u can find a family environment. Matteo and Kristine that i had the pleasure to know, are two awesome people before than owners. The waiters are italians, kind and sympathetic. I definetely feel home anytime i go. I heard in few weeks it's gonna be installed a new oven for a special pizza without yeast. Looking forward to it.. Oh, i was forgetting, don't leave without eating the tiramisu with nutella. It's fantastic.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Florida
“You've Got To Be Kidding”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Look for another place to eat! Lured by the great reviews, we chose this restaurant for a Friday dinner on a recent trip to South Beach. The cheesy, overly-friendly greeter should have been the first clue that something was wrong. It honestly was one of the worst meals I've ever eaten - especially for the price! My chicken scallopini was unremarkable at best, accompanied by thinly sliced grilled vegetables that were charred and barely lukewarm. My boyfriend's prime rib had a flavor unlike any other I've tried - and not on the good side, either. The meat also came swimming in olive oil. Ick. I've been to Italy several times - trust me, they don't cook that way there. And as far as ambiance, don't mistake "small and extremely loud" for cozy. Spend your money somewhere else.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Oh my...Tiramasu!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Everything was great about this place...the food, the ambiance, the service and the managers (who were actually there and continuously checked on us). I can't however say enough about the Tiramasu...the best ever. I've actually eaten Tiramasu many times and have never been impressed, so typically choose Crème Brulee over it. However, this intoxicating dessert made here has definitely made me rethink my opinion of Tiramasu.

Visited September 2013
Carefree
“Back from vacation and we are STILL talking about this meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had a WONDERFUL dinner at Amami during our vacation to Miami Beach! A Groupon deal got us there, and we only wish that we were locals, so we could visit again soon! (We did share the restaurant experience with the Hilton Hotrel, limo driver, and other locals).

Our deal included a bottle of house wine (3 to choose from), a GREAT Pasta main course (I had the Bucatini, which was FRESH made and MMMmmm!) plus we shared a desert. Additionally, we ordered a Caprese salad which was nicely made (unique, as it also had fresh baby spinach greens!).

If I had one minor negative comment, it was that the portion size of the Bucaini was small, so if I had paid full price, I would have to lower the "Value" rating a little.

The restaurant is small, the tables are close, and it does lack some "Romance".... But as a casual Italian Dinner place, the setting was perfect! (I understand that they will soon be serving pizza?... I would have LOVED to have tried that!). It would have also added to the experience if the owners, waiters, etc. were to enhance their appearance just a little (they basically wore jeans while serving $20+ entrees)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A little disappointing ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We tried the miami spice meny and really liked the starters. The chicken with lemon sauce was great cooked but the sauce to the fettuccine fish was really heavy and the shrimps overcooked. For dessert we had the tiramisu which was really good but we were disappointed with the panacotta. It didn't taste anything and the components didn't add up for it. Good service and a nice little place, really great decorated.