“Dirty, Lots of Ants & No Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Zen Lofts

Zen Lofts
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Zen Lofts
Save Saved
You added Zen Lofts to your Saves list
1233 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33109   |
Florida
“Dirty, Lots of Ants & No Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We rented Zen Loft #1 for a week but left after 3 days due to multiple issues. The owner ignored our requests of a refund for the remaining days.

As soon as we checked in we noticed that the floors were dirty but when we texted the caretaker we were ignored from that point forward.

There were tiny ants all over the unit - not just the kitchen but upstairs, around our toothbrush in the bathroom, by our bed - everywhere.

The furniture was beat up, some of the light fixtures broken off or the bulbs not working. The bed was a pretty thin mattress with a thin comforter which I took off since I couldn't tell if had been washed or not. We had to buy our own glasses to drink from since there were only 2 wine glasses in the place.

Zen Loft #1 is right next to Collins Ave so at night it was pretty difficult to sleep due to all the street noise and yelling outside during the night. We were also woken up 2/3 nights by someone pressing the loud buzzer at 4am downstairs.

The ceiling in the living room started leaking on the 3rd day so I had to wipe the growing puddle on the floor with a towel. I texted the owner about this. At the same time the internet went out and didn't come back on for hours so I left to go find workable wifi. When I came back, he said someone had come by while we were away and didn't see any leaks.

We left the unit and checked into a nearby hotel room 4 days early so we could get some sleep and so we didn't have to deal with ants, noise, or leaks.

The location is actually really great in the center of SoBe and the place has lots of potential - it's just a shame about the experience and how the place is being run.

None of our phone calls or emails were picked up or returned after we had paid and got into the place. They had only texted me back to tell me they didn't find the leak. I found the coordinator's cell phone in the emails and called him directly. He denied any issues, told me they would contact me. Two days later - nothing. I called again today - more excuses and refusing to resolve or refund any of the stay. Sharing my experience online is my only recourse at this point and I won't be seeing any of my $1849 back.

I suggest looking elsewhere if you care about service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

6 of us just stayed there for 5 days/4 nights and all of us left satisfied w/our decision to stay there. I'll start with the good things...Location is perfect! You are a 30 second walk from the beach, restaurants, liquor/convenience stores, anything you may possibly need. Entrance to the loft is very quiet and gated so there was never anyone bothering you. The loft itself was very nice, pretty much exactly what the pictures portray. There is PLENTY of room as the loft itself is huge. I don't think you will find anywhere else this big for the price on South Beach. Sleeping for 6 individuals was pretty easy as there is a King bed, Queen bed, large sectional couch, futon upstairs, and another "futon" downstairs.

Now with the "bad"...being a loft, everything is wide open and there is practically no privacy. It wasn't an issue for us, but just be prepared to see and hear what everyone else is doing. The loft is in the heart of South Beach and has had it's fair share of rentals so not everything is in perfect condition. If you want everything to be spotless and clean, stay in a hotel. Also, the only thing provided are towels. You will need to bring your own soap/toiletries, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. Also, if you have a car and plan on using it often, parking will be annoying and expensive.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone else, but it just depends on what you are looking for. There's plenty of options on South Beach, so choose wisely!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Newton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

There were multiple issues with this rental property.
First and foremost, we had to vacate the property due to a RAT infestation. We came home one night to find food eaten, rat feces everywhere (kitchen counters, floors throughout, bathroom counters, on our clothes in drawers, and on our bed - mattress and pillows!). We saw two distinct rats in the space, one black and one gray, both about 7" long plus tail). We also saw some mice.
Second, the photos of this place are deceiving in regards to the bathroom design. The upstairs interior is open design, meaning there are no walls higher than about 5'. This means that the bedroom, shower, toilet and sink area are open to the entire space. You could hear, smell, and see people if they were in the bathroom.
Last, and probably least after the other two issues, this place is appointed like a college apartment. We checked in to half rolls of toilet paper, no trash bags, a bad assortment of dishes and utensils. The refrigerator's motor also had an issue so it was extremely loud.
Beware, beware and do yourself a favor, learn from this review, and find another rental property to base yourself so that you can enjoy all South Beach has to offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were guests the week of July 21st 2012 and were thrilled with our experience at this rental. We were greeted from time of arrival and taken care of until we checked-out of Zen Loft 1. Anything we needed we received and with a prompt response and a without the south beach attitude. The location and the accommodations were fantastic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Omagh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We really liked this rental. The location was just 1 block off Ocean Drive and we could walk to everything. There are 4 units in the complex and even though the unit next to ours had about 6 young people (Late 20s) staying there we didn't hear any music or noise. We really enjoyed having a kitchen to cook our meals.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was in South Beach last year and was staying at the Shore Club. Some of my business partners rented one of the lofts. When I went to visit them I was stunned.. They got a HUGE 1 bedroom unit with a full kitchen for less then I was paying for a 200 sq ft hotel room. So, I just got back to south Beach and booked one for myself. I've Been here a week already and I'm stayin another week.. So far, so good. The Location can't be beat.. 1 block to the beach and 1 blocks to the 11th st diner for some late night snacks. Beds are comfy and the a/c blows really cold. (Important in Miami)
I've found my new go to pad for my south beach trips.. Only downside is there isn't a gym on site, but one of the larger south beach gyms (Crunch) is 1 block away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Miami Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First off let me say I live in Miami, about 30 minutes from South Beach.. My husband and I wanted a vacation and decided instead of traveling to some far away place to spend a long weekend in South Beach. We found these lofts online and decided to go and check them out before booking. Most vacation rentals won't take the time to let you see the place before booking.. Can you believe I had people tell me "It looks just like the Pictures online go look at those" Urgh.. Anyway, when we called and asked if we could preview these the booking agent was really nice and said we could as long as the unit was vacant. We had to cordinate coming during a Thursday afternoon to see the 2 one bedroom units we wanted to see but it was worth it.. We saw units 1 and 2 and decided on unit 2.. The size of both was about the same but unit 2 was built with darker woods and was more romantic IMOHO ..
We stayed last weekend for 3 nights.. The beach is just a block away and the place was quiet even though it's right in the middle of the busiest district of south Beach. We are so happy we now have our own Beach hideaway for times when the kids drive us crazy!!
BTW the one website said the 1 bedroom units would sleep 6 people.. It has a big king bed upstairs and a sleeper sofa downstairs... I would say don't book it for more then 4 people unless you want to sleep on the Floor. Overall a great trip and a Great Place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Zen Lofts? Share your experiences!