“Perfect Location and More” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zen Lofts

Zen Lofts
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Zen Lofts
1233 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33109   |
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Perfect Location and More”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

6 of us just stayed there for 5 days/4 nights and all of us left satisfied w/our decision to stay there. I'll start with the good things...Location is perfect! You are a 30 second walk from the beach, restaurants, liquor/convenience stores, anything you may possibly need. Entrance to the loft is very quiet and gated so there was never anyone bothering you. The loft itself was very nice, pretty much exactly what the pictures portray. There is PLENTY of room as the loft itself is huge. I don't think you will find anywhere else this big for the price on South Beach. Sleeping for 6 individuals was pretty easy as there is a King bed, Queen bed, large sectional couch, futon upstairs, and another "futon" downstairs.

Now with the "bad"...being a loft, everything is wide open and there is practically no privacy. It wasn't an issue for us, but just be prepared to see and hear what everyone else is doing. The loft is in the heart of South Beach and has had it's fair share of rentals so not everything is in perfect condition. If you want everything to be spotless and clean, stay in a hotel. Also, the only thing provided are towels. You will need to bring your own soap/toiletries, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. Also, if you have a car and plan on using it often, parking will be annoying and expensive.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone else, but it just depends on what you are looking for. There's plenty of options on South Beach, so choose wisely!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

There were multiple issues with this rental property.
First and foremost, we had to vacate the property due to a RAT infestation. We came home one night to find food eaten, rat feces everywhere (kitchen counters, floors throughout, bathroom counters, on our clothes in drawers, and on our bed - mattress and pillows!). We saw two distinct rats in the space, one black and one gray, both about 7" long plus tail). We also saw some mice.
Second, the photos of this place are deceiving in regards to the bathroom design. The upstairs interior is open design, meaning there are no walls higher than about 5'. This means that the bedroom, shower, toilet and sink area are open to the entire space. You could hear, smell, and see people if they were in the bathroom.
Last, and probably least after the other two issues, this place is appointed like a college apartment. We checked in to half rolls of toilet paper, no trash bags, a bad assortment of dishes and utensils. The refrigerator's motor also had an issue so it was extremely loud.
Beware, beware and do yourself a favor, learn from this review, and find another rental property to base yourself so that you can enjoy all South Beach has to offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were guests the week of July 21st 2012 and were thrilled with our experience at this rental. We were greeted from time of arrival and taken care of until we checked-out of Zen Loft 1. Anything we needed we received and with a prompt response and a without the south beach attitude. The location and the accommodations were fantastic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Omagh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We really liked this rental. The location was just 1 block off Ocean Drive and we could walk to everything. There are 4 units in the complex and even though the unit next to ours had about 6 young people (Late 20s) staying there we didn't hear any music or noise. We really enjoyed having a kitchen to cook our meals.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was in South Beach last year and was staying at the Shore Club. Some of my business partners rented one of the lofts. When I went to visit them I was stunned.. They got a HUGE 1 bedroom unit with a full kitchen for less then I was paying for a 200 sq ft hotel room. So, I just got back to south Beach and booked one for myself. I've Been here a week already and I'm stayin another week.. So far, so good. The Location can't be beat.. 1 block to the beach and 1 blocks to the 11th st diner for some late night snacks. Beds are comfy and the a/c blows really cold. (Important in Miami)
I've found my new go to pad for my south beach trips.. Only downside is there isn't a gym on site, but one of the larger south beach gyms (Crunch) is 1 block away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Miami Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First off let me say I live in Miami, about 30 minutes from South Beach.. My husband and I wanted a vacation and decided instead of traveling to some far away place to spend a long weekend in South Beach. We found these lofts online and decided to go and check them out before booking. Most vacation rentals won't take the time to let you see the place before booking.. Can you believe I had people tell me "It looks just like the Pictures online go look at those" Urgh.. Anyway, when we called and asked if we could preview these the booking agent was really nice and said we could as long as the unit was vacant. We had to cordinate coming during a Thursday afternoon to see the 2 one bedroom units we wanted to see but it was worth it.. We saw units 1 and 2 and decided on unit 2.. The size of both was about the same but unit 2 was built with darker woods and was more romantic IMOHO ..
We stayed last weekend for 3 nights.. The beach is just a block away and the place was quiet even though it's right in the middle of the busiest district of south Beach. We are so happy we now have our own Beach hideaway for times when the kids drive us crazy!!
BTW the one website said the 1 bedroom units would sleep 6 people.. It has a big king bed upstairs and a sleeper sofa downstairs... I would say don't book it for more then 4 people unless you want to sleep on the Floor. Overall a great trip and a Great Place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

A few months ago we found this place on the web and fell in love with it. The whole week wasn't available for out stay so the travel agent recommend we stay and another townhouse they had for the 1st 2 nights. .It was pretty nice but this place was about 3 times the size of the 1st townhouse.. Having 2 bedrooms was also a big plus and provided us with pleny of space for our party.. .It's kind of like having your own hideaway a block from the blue ocea of Miami.
This is not a hotel... You don't have a housekeeper come every day (even though we did pay an extra cleaning fee to have her come once during our stay) but there is a washer and dry in the unit to wash towels and clothes.
I really liked how private the unit was. There are only 4 townhouses on the property and when your inside you can't hear anything and the neighbors couldn't hear our loud music.
We will definetely stay here on all our future South Beach Vacations.
I have some photos but not on my computer, I'll add them later

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Zen Lofts? Share your experiences!