“Southern food with a twist!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 305-538-5220
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 871 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Family Fare
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Lenox
Description: Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant South" and as one of Bon Appetit's "50 Best New Restaurants" in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of "soul-nurturing" dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Southern food with a twist!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I love this place. I try to go a couple of times a month! The chicken and waffles is my favorite! The servers are always friendly and prompt. They have perfect size dishes that dont overfill you! The food is unique and flavorful and presented well!

• Visited September 2013

Haddon Township, NJ
“Tastiest Food Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The food was absolutely delicious. Everything was just incredibly flavorful. There were flavors I had never tasted before?!? The portions were perfect. I loved every single bit of it....and I'm not the easiest to please. I'm definitely on the picky side. Wish they had one in Philadelphia!! I think it would do really well there.

• Visited October 2013
Montreal, Canada
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Honestly, when I think about my trip in south beach, this place is one of my favorite moment.

A must do !

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“One of My Top Ten Restaurants of all Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We loved this place so much after going there Saturday we had to go back for brunch Sunday! Service was absolutely fabulous each time. For dinner we had the awesome deviled eggs (which I don't normally even like), amazing watermelon & local soft cheese salad, and the must-not-be missed signature fried chicken/ watermelon/ and cheddar chili waffles platter. The waffles sound like they would be odd, but probably the most amazing mix of flavors I've ever tried. Dessert was an incredible peach berry cobbler. Next morning we had to have a second order of those waffles, as well as a brisket omelet special, the BLT eggs benedict, and finished it off with the bourbon bacon donut! My husband is a huge bourbon lover and the bourbon menu is like nothing he's ever seen. He loved everything he tried and the waiters had great suggestions. I normally can’t even stomach bourbon but the cocktail with bourbon, basil, and passion fruit was unbelievably good!

The only negative to this place is you are going to eat too many calories. Thank god I love 2,000 miles from this place or I’d weight 300 pounds! We will be back (probably multiple times) the next time we are in South Beach!!

Visited October 2013
Shanghai, China
“Excellent social and noisy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Very good restaurant. The salads are excellent. Nice concept of sharing. Reasonably priced for the quality of food. Very good service. Nice atmosphere. I really liked the place, though it was very noisy on a Saturday night. I would go back but maybe not in a larger group on a weekend night.

Visited October 2013