“A Solid Value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel18

You added Hotel18 to your Saves list
Hotel18
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   230 18th Street, corner of James Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #85 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Solid Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This will be a glowing 3 star review based on the value Hotel 18 was, and with some small improvements it could easily move into the 4 star category.

First the positives, on my stay it was only about $125 a night. Located only a block away from all the action of South Beach it was very convenient, clean, and the staff was very friendly. They offer parking at around $25 a night which was also nice. The room was more like a studio apartment as it had a fridge and an oven. Additionally they also have free wifi that worked well.

On to the less good. I found the bed to be mediocre, just super soft and squeaky at times. I'm pretty tech savvy and found the tv/cable to be not all that user friendly. For a hotel that was just reopened/remodeled I found the electric outlets to not be in convenient locations, I had to move furniture slightly in order to have my phone charge on the nightstand, I would've that they might've had a USB outlet.

Overall I would recommend Hotel 18 and would definitely return as many of their competitors were twice the price of this place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2015

Me and my wife decided to book in this Hotel for the discount we have on booking.com so we read some description on tripadvisor and they are all positive. When we arrive at the hotel 10pm Jorghe(the front desk) tell us all we have to known in 10 minutes about room, Wi-Fi, laundry machine, and back gate. For the late hour we arrive we decide to rest in room. The kitchennette and the other thinks are fully equipped. The location of the hotel was really perfect to visit Miami beach, not far away for Collins Ave and Lincoln rd! Highly recommended!!!

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

Hotel 18 is in a fantastic location. Easy walking to Collins avenue and the beach. The location is really the best thing going for this hotel.

The staff are really friendly and try to make up for it where they can.

The hotel itself looks like a rundown old affair. Their is no in room safe which is insane. The wifi is pretty sketchy but does work.

all in all id say we got lucky as it was quiet when we stayed. If there had been people next door we would have heard them for sure.

Its ok for the price.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Lauderhill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015

I originally booked this hotel online with the option to pay at the hotel. I booked the reservation under my cousin's name and used the card for the deposit. I forgot I cancelled the card on file and asked Albert (front desk representative) if I could bring another. He said that would be fine. So I get there and he tells me that he cannot go through with the reservation EVEN THOUGH I PROVIDED HIM WITH THE NEW CREDIT CARD. So I re-booked for another reservation at the same hotel and expedia told me that if Albert gave us any more issues to call them back so they can have it handled.

Albert called the police and didn't even tell me while I was conversing with him. We were not causing any disturbances and the police ultimately told us that he wanted us off the property. What a waste of time. So I ended up making a reservation at the Best Western Hotel about 10 mins away. The property looked so much better than this dump. It looks more like a motel than anything.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2015

I stayed here with my wife in May, the location is excellent, near to the Beach, to Lincoln Rd, and a couple of blocks from Ocean Drive. The staff was always nice and knowledgable of anything we need. The wifi was hard to get in the bottom rooms.

Room Tip: Great Location
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015

I stayed here with group of friends in April and overall my stay was ok. Our check in was pretty quick. The front dek was very knowledgable of the night life, and offered us some "deals" on the local clubs, but we came more to relax than party so we declined. The rooms were ok, depending on which room you got. My room was decorated very modern given the price we booked for... however, my friends room not so much. Her room looked very cheap and tiny. She requetsed a different room and they gladly accommodated her. The first night we stayed there was a wedding party staying there also, and this may be the only down side to this hotel. but the walls were PAPER THIN!! I could literally hear their entire conversation (which was all night). They left the following day so I only had to deal with it for one night, but overall great location.. just a cab 5 min cab ride from all the action, very clean, staff very friendly.. especially the house keeping! I've been to some hotels and they cleaning staff can be rude, but they were more than courteous. overall the hotel is clean and a cheap great location to stay, but you are rolling the dice depending on who you room next to. If you are next to loud up all nighters you will get annoyed. Oh and WIFI was terrible FYI

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

Hotel 18 is a little hotel in Miami Beach that looks a bit like an apartment complex. There are rooms surrounding a central courtyard area that has a bunch of lounge type seating. The hotel feels pretty safe with a locked gate that requires a key code. The room that we had looks like an apartment as well, a nice one. A living room with a fold out couch, a kitchenette that comes with dishes, a bedroom with its own tv…it all has a very homey feel and I like that. The ladies at the counter were also very nice and helpful when we had questions.

There are 2 things that our party didn’t like about our stay though.

#1: the sink space is non-existent. It is a lovely bathroom, but there is no counter space at all in the bathroom. We had to use the shelf in the hall closet adjacent to the bathroom as a counter. It’s a little inconvenient but we made it work fine.

#2: My bigger issue at Hotel 18 was the lack of parking. There are maybe 5 or 6 stalls and apparently you need to reserve them in advance. When I booked the room on-line I don’t recall ever seeing anything telling me that I needed to reserve a stall. I may have overlooked this. The stall is $25 a night which is pricey but doable. The girl at the desk told us that there is a valet lot less than a block away that was $25 a night too. We decided to go that route. Well, dealing with this lot is what killed a lot of our Miami Beach trip.

When we got there they said the parking was $50 a night and that if we went anywhere else it would be the same price. We didn’t really want to go driving around Miami Beach aimlessly looking for another place in it’s crazy traffic so paid that fee. The next day they told us overnight parking would be $70!!! Yes, not a typo, SEVENTY DOLLARS! That is the most ridiculous parking price I have ever heard for ONE night. Fortunately, when we told them we paid $50 the night before they gave US $50. We even overheard some workers talking about the price. The conversation went something like this:

Valet 1 (who was just showing up to work): what’s the price today?
Valet 2: $50 for the day and $70 overnight.
Valet 1 (eyes get big): Whoa!!! $70!!

Even their own employees thought it was outrageous. It seems like they kind of just make their own prices whenever they feel like it.

Also, as a warning, they use people’s cars as shuttles to their other parking lot. True story. They even drove my party in someone’s parked car to the other lot and dropped us off there.

While this whole parking situation isn’t directly Hotel 18’s fault we went told to park there and their lack of parking kind of makes this route forced upon you. Also, they should probably call the valet people daily and figure out the price of the day because we were told $25 and it was double that. Dealing with this parking lot really put a big damper on our Miami stay

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family