“Ok place to stay, awesome staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel18

You added Hotel18 to your Saves list
Hotel18
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   230 18th Street, corner of James Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #76 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Trenton, New Jersey
“Ok place to stay, awesome staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here with group of friends in April and overall my stay was ok. Our check in was pretty quick. The front dek was very knowledgable of the night life, and offered us some "deals" on the local clubs, but we came more to relax than party so we declined. The rooms were ok, depending on which room you got. My room was decorated very modern given the price we booked for... however, my friends room not so much. Her room looked very cheap and tiny. She requetsed a different room and they gladly accommodated her. The first night we stayed there was a wedding party staying there also, and this may be the only down side to this hotel. but the walls were PAPER THIN!! I could literally hear their entire conversation (which was all night). They left the following day so I only had to deal with it for one night, but overall great location.. just a cab 5 min cab ride from all the action, very clean, staff very friendly.. especially the house keeping! I've been to some hotels and they cleaning staff can be rude, but they were more than courteous. overall the hotel is clean and a cheap great location to stay, but you are rolling the dice depending on who you room next to. If you are next to loud up all nighters you will get annoyed. Oh and WIFI was terrible FYI

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel 18 is a little hotel in Miami Beach that looks a bit like an apartment complex. There are rooms surrounding a central courtyard area that has a bunch of lounge type seating. The hotel feels pretty safe with a locked gate that requires a key code. The room that we had looks like an apartment as well, a nice one. A living room with a fold out couch, a kitchenette that comes with dishes, a bedroom with its own tv…it all has a very homey feel and I like that. The ladies at the counter were also very nice and helpful when we had questions.

There are 2 things that our party didn’t like about our stay though.

#1: the sink space is non-existent. It is a lovely bathroom, but there is no counter space at all in the bathroom. We had to use the shelf in the hall closet adjacent to the bathroom as a counter. It’s a little inconvenient but we made it work fine.

#2: My bigger issue at Hotel 18 was the lack of parking. There are maybe 5 or 6 stalls and apparently you need to reserve them in advance. When I booked the room on-line I don’t recall ever seeing anything telling me that I needed to reserve a stall. I may have overlooked this. The stall is $25 a night which is pricey but doable. The girl at the desk told us that there is a valet lot less than a block away that was $25 a night too. We decided to go that route. Well, dealing with this lot is what killed a lot of our Miami Beach trip.

When we got there they said the parking was $50 a night and that if we went anywhere else it would be the same price. We didn’t really want to go driving around Miami Beach aimlessly looking for another place in it’s crazy traffic so paid that fee. The next day they told us overnight parking would be $70!!! Yes, not a typo, SEVENTY DOLLARS! That is the most ridiculous parking price I have ever heard for ONE night. Fortunately, when we told them we paid $50 the night before they gave US $50. We even overheard some workers talking about the price. The conversation went something like this:

Valet 1 (who was just showing up to work): what’s the price today?
Valet 2: $50 for the day and $70 overnight.
Valet 1 (eyes get big): Whoa!!! $70!!

Even their own employees thought it was outrageous. It seems like they kind of just make their own prices whenever they feel like it.

Also, as a warning, they use people’s cars as shuttles to their other parking lot. True story. They even drove my party in someone’s parked car to the other lot and dropped us off there.

While this whole parking situation isn’t directly Hotel 18’s fault we went told to park there and their lack of parking kind of makes this route forced upon you. Also, they should probably call the valet people daily and figure out the price of the day because we were told $25 and it was double that. Dealing with this parking lot really put a big damper on our Miami stay

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

This Hotel has a 1 bedroom Apartment is located in the heart of South Beach. Situated close to anything you would want to do in South Beach - while maintaining a relaxing sense of peace and quiet. Only one block to famous Ocean Drive and the beaches, and steps to the world renowned shopping of Lincoln Road.

This condo is equipped with everything you will need to make your vacation comfortable and memorable. There is a queen-sized bed and two flat TV & WiFi( unfortunately it doesn't work propely in the room, but it's faster in the mail and the garden.
Kitchen has stainless steel appliances and it is fully stocked of pots, pans and place settings needed for delicious in-house dinners.

Room Tip: The best is to take an apartment (has a separated room) the study is a little bit small.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Piarco, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

Stayed here for a week, its walking distance from a lot of shops and restaurants and night life. Walking distance from bus stop which we used to get around to save cab fare. Rooms are clean. Kitchenette is useful to save cash as food on Collins may be a bit pricey. Overall good location, clean room, service good.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

I have been working in the hotel industry for many years and have travelled many times. When I read the negative reviews about this hotel, I wondered what those clients were looking for. A Ritz Carlton, all-inclusive, on the beach for 19 dollars a night? Get a grip people. Hotel18 is an awesome and clean place, beautifully located and stands out for its terrific staff. From GM Karen, Jorge and Ricardon at the Front Desk to the Housekeeping supervisor. We couldn`t ask for more. Clean and spacious rooms, free internet, located one block from the beach. If we ever return to Miami, we would stay there again and highly recommend it. Thank you for the hospitality.

Room Tip: 109 was awesome
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Geneva
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

The hotel is shabby, old, feels and smells it. A party of 3 gents in 3 different rooms, we all had different type bedrooms, and I can understandt that some may have left some positive comments, as some rooms are "nicer" than others, but whether old-style, unrefurbished or even shabby, nothing can excuse poor housekeeping work, and we all 3 faced various issues, and clearly the cleanliness of the bedrooms has to be questionned. I had something pretty disgusting on my shower-curtain that I reported to the reception and that they signaled to housekeeping. This issue was not handled, worse housekeeping removed my bath mat and did not replace it. I never felt happier checking-out of a hotel bedroom and leaving this small, poorly noise-insulated, smelly and dirty bedroom. I will not return to this hotel despite the friendly and helpful Jorge at the reception.

Room Tip: 200 was definitely better than 206.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel18? Share your experiences!