“Delightful Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Buffalo, Wyoming
“Delightful Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel 18 sits on a backstreet from the main strip. The lobby is small, but inviting. The woman at the front desk made an instant great impression; she was kind, very helpful, and professional. Although I was early, they had my room ready, so they permitted me to check in, which I appreciated.

My efficiency room was tastefully yet simply decorated, well-thought-out, clean, cool, and my towels were white and fluffy. There was a generous array of toiletries provided.

The staff continued to be helpful and professional for the duration of my stay.

I enjoyed the courtyard with comfortable cushioned, wicker chairs; it had a European air.

There was nothing extravagant or luxurious about the Hotel 18, but I'm a practical person and it suited me just fine.

Another thing to note that is no reflection at all on Hotel 18: south beach is very noisy and revolves around the night life. If you're not used to city life, you'd better bring the ear plugs for when you sleep.

CAVEAT: If you should book the Hotel 18 via Expedia or one of the other similar sites, call Hotel 18 to reserve a parking space, if available. I didn't know this, so I had to park in a pay-to-park lot down the street. The lot was cash only and it charged on a mutable sliding scale at the whimsy of the lot attendant. I paid $30 for about 17 hours, then they moved my car to a storage lot somewhere else so I lost the convenience of having my car at the ready.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bern, Schweiz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

we lost our pass at the airport. but before we did mention, robert came and informed us that we forgot the pass. and so we had no problem to get our pass back. he also explained everything that mattered to us and much more. the hotel is nice equipped. you have a fully kitchen where you can cook, nice tv and bed. and the hotel is closet to the beach. i can very recommend that hotel! and the good thing is, it is one of the most cost-saving hotel at south beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I definitely enjoyed my stay, at the hotel. I visited the area in june and received amazing customer service from a gentlemen named Jorge all weekend. The location, plus the cleanliness, plus how comfortable my room was and to top it off what I call him "super jorge" ...lol took care of us, during my late check in. So because of all that I came back aug 9-11 to the same hotel and again jorge was excellent. Also this time around I received great additional care from alexandre and a young lady who gave me some great info and help. I will be back!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel was a very good choice for us, it was better than we expected! The quality-price are the best.
The rooms are new with a small kitchen and all the kitchenware, coffee and tea!
Everything was clean, the bed was very comfortable that made our stay much better! All the staff was friendly and ready to help with different questions.
The territory of the hotel is small but cosy with a cortyard where you can sit and drink coffee or just relax in the evening.
It is only 1,5 blocks from the beach, you can take beach towels in the hotel that is very convenient.
The hotel is situated close to all the night life of Miami Beach (bars, stores, restaurants etc.) but quite far not to hear this social life in the hotel.
I can highly recommend this place for your vacation in Miami..

Room Tip: Room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Florence, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The service at hotel 18 was the best service I have ever received from a hotel staff. My husband and I have stayed in many top rated hotels but the service provided by hotel 18 was absolutely the best! Robert specifically treated us as if we were family. He did everything he could to make sure we had everything we needed. He went above and beyond! The rest of the staff was also very helpful. We will definitely stay at hotel 18 again. Good service goes a long way! Not to mention all the other amentities go the hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have spent few night in Hotel 18. Overall, we would recommend it.

+ central location, 5 mins to the Beach
+ close to restaurants and other facilities,
+ clean
+ safe
+ very nice and helpful staff
+ silent
+ kitchen

- internet works only in the main square
- price. However, in this central location you will always pay more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reigate
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

What a find! This small hotel in the centre of South Beach was the ideal location to explore and enjoy the beach. The room was spacious and a really comfortable standard with the staff very helpful. The only downside was the staff recommending a half price Everglades trip with very poor reviews? It is easy to find alternative operators.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel18? Share your experiences!