“amazing for how cheap it is!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Venezia Hotel

Save Saved
You added Venezia Hotel to your Saves list
Venezia Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3865 Indian Creek Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Malabo Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #187 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“amazing for how cheap it is!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I was so nervous after seeing so many negative reviews but I have got to say so pleasantly suprised! we stayed there for a week for what other hotels started at in one night! they offered a wonderful complimentary breakfast in the morning! and when we got into the room I did expect stained sheets and broken tv like everyone had said but it was actually really nice! the bed sheets and comforter was nice and clean! the air conditioner was brand new and the room was nice and cold when we got there and stayed cold! the tv worked perfect! The shower was spotlessly clean! as far as the water not getting hot like I had read let the shower run for 10 minutes and flush the toilet the shower gets nice and hot! the beach was literally across the street along with Carrabba's and a very convient liquor store and it was about a 1.3 miles outside the heart of south beach! it's a little bit of a walk but there are busses that run down there constantly! the people at the front desk were very nice and the security deposit was only 50$ and could be cash unlike other hotels in the area that are about 300$ it is not a five star hotel! but you get what you pay for and it really is an amazing deal I would 100% stay there again and recommend it to anyone on a budget!!

• Stayed January 2013

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manaus, AM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The receptionist looked like she was still asleep when she received us. The hotel has no name sign making it quite hard to find after dark. We couldn't see the number either since the road was quite dark. I saw public illumination posts, perhaps they were broken after the recent passage of the Tropical Storm Sandy.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road are quite noisy with car traffic in the morning (after seven a.m.). Overall ma...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am 20 years old and a lot of hotels don't allow you unless your twenty one. I called and was told that as long as it was under my mothers name and she faxed in a copy of her license and a message agreeing to take full responsibility for me and my friend that I would be allowed to stay. I called back two seperate times to double check this before booking my flight. The day before I left I called to make sure they received the fax. The lady on the phone was very rude. She said that I was not allowed to stay there and that she was cancelling my reservation and she hung up on me. My mom called again and asked to speak to a manager or whoever was in charge and the lwoman on the phone said your reservation is cancelled an hung up again. I was stuck with two non refundable flight tickets and no hotel the day before I was supposed to leave.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

For a little hotel near South Beach, it was a good choice. The negative point is that there is no name's sign on the building so it was hard to find it and no free parking. Otherwise there is a little terrace to take the breaskfast and surf on the internet. The personnal was very nice

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is the worst hotel I had ever visited. I booked this hotel along with flight tickets. After moving there I completely messed up my holiday. I reserved for 4 nights from Aug 31, 2012 to sep 3 2012. On aug 31 I reached hotel by midnight around 12:30 and realized that, I am going to stay in a horrible place. No proper Air conditioning, very small rooms and worst breakfast.. I hardly slept for two hours and immediately vacated early morning and reserved a resort. This hotel costs around 50 bucks, and the resort cost 80 bucks per night..SO NEVER AND EVER VISIT THIS HOTEL IF YOU PLAN TO HAVE A PEACEFUL HOLIDAY

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel manager runs his business like a slum lord. On our first day I told the young girl at the front desk that there was a leak in the bathroom and it's soaking into the carpets. She said she would call maintenance. Nobody looked at it our entire week we were there and we had to move our luggage to the other side of the room so our clothes wouldn't get wet. In addition, we had to notify them to stock the rooms with toilet paper and towels each day. They are very unfriendly and don't even respond when you say "Good Morning". I can't believe the health department hasn't shut them down already.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Venezia Hotel? Share your experiences!