“Good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Venezia Hotel

Save Saved
You added Venezia Hotel to your Saves list
Venezia Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3865 Indian Creek Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Malabo Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #187 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Paris
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

For a little hotel near South Beach, it was a good choice. The negative point is that there is no name's sign on the building so it was hard to find it and no free parking. Otherwise there is a little terrace to take the breaskfast and surf on the internet. The personnal was very nice

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is the worst hotel I had ever visited. I booked this hotel along with flight tickets. After moving there I completely messed up my holiday. I reserved for 4 nights from Aug 31, 2012 to sep 3 2012. On aug 31 I reached hotel by midnight around 12:30 and realized that, I am going to stay in a horrible place. No proper Air conditioning, very small rooms and worst breakfast.. I hardly slept for two hours and immediately vacated early morning and reserved a resort. This hotel costs around 50 bucks, and the resort cost 80 bucks per night..SO NEVER AND EVER VISIT THIS HOTEL IF YOU PLAN TO HAVE A PEACEFUL HOLIDAY

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel manager runs his business like a slum lord. On our first day I told the young girl at the front desk that there was a leak in the bathroom and it's soaking into the carpets. She said she would call maintenance. Nobody looked at it our entire week we were there and we had to move our luggage to the other side of the room so our clothes wouldn't get wet. In addition, we had to notify them to stock the rooms with toilet paper and towels each day. They are very unfriendly and don't even respond when you say "Good Morning". I can't believe the health department hasn't shut them down already.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This I don't even know what to call it is aboaolutly disgusting Nd that's a nice word for it. I was checked in for an hour beferoe I left because I could not stay there I rather on the beach or in a car! The man at the front desk was rude, they take a copy of your license which I find odd. They put a $50 hold on your card for no reason because you can not cause any more damage on that place. The elevator smelt like urine and pine sol. When you walk in the room it smells like cheap cleaning products you get ap light headed. The air conditioner is awful the blinds were broken , the window will not stay open. There were blood stains on the wall, I didn't even sit on the bed , the carpeting in the closet was coming up, the bathroom was okay but defiantly the best spot of the room. The slide lock on the door was broken so you could not even lock the door just the lousy door nob lock. Defiantly not a safe place to stay . Also the hallways smelt of marjauana . I am filing a report for the better business berau these conditions are gross and not safe at all

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place was horrible, I went with my girls for a week. I had to leave the hotel and find a new one because the place was that bed. Our room smelled, the blinds were all broken, dirty walls, dirty bed, dirty bathroom. It looked like a motel from the movies where the guys take hookers. The service was extremely unprofessional. I wanted to save money and it back fired on me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

To be honest, I was really scared of what to expect after reading the reviews. I was imagining the worst - and it all turned out to be for nothing! Staying at the Venezia Hotel has been apleasant experience. Surely you can't expect a 5 star hotel will all the neat little stuff and even though the interior was spartan it was enough and (my biggest concern) clean.
We found our room with a parquet floor instead of a carpet which they must have renewed and which I was really happy about. Also the badthroom looked nice. The shower seemed new, in elegant white and so was the sink. I was positively surprised by the bathroom after hearing all kinds of horror stories. The only small little thing was plaster on the floor. The beds were okay. Really short actually so that our feet always sticked out. We solved that problem by laying diagonally. We brought pillow cases and bedsheets from home just in case but the hotel sheets were clean too. Our TV was running and had a decent offer of channels like tbn and cbs. Afterall we weren't there for watching TV anyways. Our 2-bed room was fairly big and had 2 addiontal closets. Everyday after coming back in the evening we found our room cleaned and tidied up. Only the floor never got swiped which got kinda annoying after a while because of alle the sand from the beach we brought in.
Breakfast was small but okay, enough to feed you. They provided bagels and cereals, as well as coffe and pastries in the lobby. The few seats inside and outside were taken fast so you had to be quick.
The employees were always nice and we couldn't complain at all.
Even though I was totally fine with the hotel there were a few things that bothered me.
The Noise was probably the worst problem. I hardly slept my first night because we were located right next to the busy street. The windows weren't fully closed because the air conditioning made it impossible. So you basically felt like you were sleeping with an open window. The air conditioning itself was really loud too. Last but not last the walls were thin and especially the people in the halls seemed rude and very loud. We woke up in the middle of the night because people walked by talkign loudly and hammering at doors.
It was annoying but after a while you got used to all the noise and each night I slept better and better.
Another thing was that the room door looked like someone had tried to break in. It was all bent with a little gap to almost look inside. Overall it was kinda scary looking but there were 3 locks which made me feel save.

Genereally I can say that I had a pleasant stay in this hotel. The price is just great and you know what you get for such a cheap price. Also the location is the bomb! You are right next to the beach, only 3 walking minutes down the street where you'll find a beautiful not too crowded beach. A bus station is right there which takes you everywhere really easily, and South beach isn't far away either. A Walgreens and a little bakery/souvenir shop is right by. All in all I can only recommned the hotel if you're looking for a cheap stay and don't have to high standards. BUT it is definitely not as scary as some say!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Porvoo, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We didn't expect much because of the price but still we were shocked. The hotel seemed unsafe, the staff didn't speak English that much, the rooms weren't clean and there were a lot of ants in our room. The room was small and the TV didn't work well. Even though the beach is near there are more cons than pros. We couldn't stay longer than couple of nights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Venezia Hotel? Share your experiences!