We started a long US vacation flying from London to Miami in late March 2012 and needed a few days to settle "jet lag" before moving on through Florida and eventually to California. We chose the Westgate South Beach Hotel Resort on Collins Avenue Miami Beach and were delighted with the room we were given. Our room had a large and very comfy bed which was perfect after a long and tiring flight and pre flight long distance road journey. The suite also had a good sized sitting room with TV and a small kitchen area which was sufficient for quick meals in-house, great for breakfast and snacks. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. The resort had its own private boardwalk right out onto the beautiful beach and there was a lifeguard lookout station closeby which was reassuring for bathers. The pool at the resort was OK though in March it felt a little cool but not so cold as to put you off, just wished it had been warmer. There was NO hot tub/jacuzzi which was a disappointment, perhaps they ought to consider adding one as they are a great asset to any hotel or resort and especially welcome after a day's touring around.
If using a car there is a public car park on the next block to the hotel but do ensure you pay the correct fees (the hotel sell parking permits, if required) otherwise the fines are heavy. If you have a disabled blue badge card for your home car, do remember to take it with you as the car park is then free for your use provided you clearly show the card in the windscreen for inspection (hang it from the rearview mirror is a good position).
We would happily use this hotel again when passing through Miami for a few days. We had a great time and enjoyed its good location situated at the start of the art deco area of Miami Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate South Beach, a beachfront is conveniently located on well known Collins Avenue. Our oversized one and two-bedroom lodging accommodations feature uniquely individualized decor. All units are equipped with a full kitchen, complete with a dishwasher and microwave, not to mention the spectacular view of the beach and Atlantic Ocean. Lounge by the pool or along the beach outside your villa. Amenities include a volleyball court and a children's playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westgate South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Westgate South Beach Miami