“Looking forward to be back !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort

You added BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #138 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Matane
“Looking forward to be back !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I spent three nights before a cruise and one after.
I had a huge ocean front king size bed room with a balcony with an amazing view.
The hotel is right on the beach and there is a boardwalk that runs to South Beach.
The bed was extremely comfortable and sleep quality excellent.
I had four thick bath towels and bathroom was spotless.
Lobby, hallways and rooms are clean and smell nice.
The pool area and pool bar were sparkling clean. BBQ sandwiches are awesome.
I recommend the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort for its location, cleanliness, wireless internet, helpful staff, concierge and management.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
BWABR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
It was a pleasure to have you at our location and are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly share your feedback with our employees and let them know how good of a job they did. Please contact us next time you are thinking of coming to Miami Beach so that we can be your hotel of choice for your sunny get away. Thank you again .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

We attemped to check in at 12:30pm and were told that it was too early, but that since we were Diamond members, we would be called immediately once our Oceanview, King room became available. Also, we requested a parking space at that time and were told the space would be assigned for our check in. We waited all day long, with no phone call. We returned to the hotel after dinner to check in. There were no parking spots left & nobody took responsibility for not calling us. We were told to park somewhere on the street or in a lot. After driving around for 20 mins and not finding a spot, we returned to the hotel to find out where the lot was. Once we left the "modern lobby" to take the elevator to our room, we were overwhelmed by the carpeted floors in the halls and room that smelled like mold and must. We got into our room, realized we were given 2 double beds, which were ROCK HARD to say it nicely and 1 was shaped like a hammock when you sat on it. We called the desk, they told us there were no king beds in the hotel. I asked what they were going to do for us...and after many deliberations and being put on hold, we were moved to a king room that just magically appeared on the penthouse floor. The maid met us and was angry at us because she was 15 mins away from being done her shift. WOW! Will not return and left the next morning when we originally planned a 3 night stay!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
I want to first apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you during your stay with us. It is comments like these that help us improve on areas that may need additional attention. I would certainly love the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay with us in hopes to correct the issues you had. Please feel free to email me directly at 10366@hotel.bestwestern.com or by phone at 305-673-3337. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to resolving your issues. Thank you in advance..
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Our trip had a special purpose: the celebration of my parents' golden anniversary!
The hotel itself was a good surprise to all of us. It is very well located, has a pleasant environment and the rooms offer a great view of the beach.
But what really made the difference was the high standards of customer service provided, not only in general terms but also concerning some special needs for the big day!
The hotel's management and staff did a great job in helping me prepare some surprises for my parents such as a slide show at the lobby, a sign at the front desk, complimentary decorations in their room and even a bottle of champagne to celebrate their special day!
Now I feel it's my duty to share my experience and let everyone know that at Best Western in Miami customer satisfaction is guaranteed!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
BWABR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
Once again it was our pleasure to host your family for such a monumental occasion. We are glad they enjoyed their trip and welcome you and your family back anytime. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks again.
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Congratulations to Ms Lina Royal from Best Western Atlantic Beach Hotel in Miami Beach. Excellence on solving client´s needs.
Luis Pinheiro

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
BWABR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Thank you Luis for your feedback on your experience with our hotel. We are glad that you were happy with our service and will make sure to let our staff know of your praise. Thank you again for choosing us as your hotel destination in Miami.
Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I have never stayed in a best western before and after this place I wont again. It had its good points like the biggest bed I have ever seen and really comfortable. But its bad points out number its good point. 1. The staff lets start with them. Rude is the only thing i can say about them really rude, the bestwestern group took two payments from my credit card and when i tried to sort it out they insisted that it was a different part of the hotel group and wouldnt deal with it. I have sent 3 emails to manager of hotel with no response. Good Customer Service.

2. free wifi if you want to sit in the lobby cause its doesnt work upstairs and they say they will sort out a booster but only if you pay a deposit of $250 to get it and when you do it doesnt work anyway

3. cleaning of the rooms they dress the bed nothing else didnt put away ironing board, didnt replenish the tea / coffee, as far as I could see they dressed the bed and replaced the towels didnt clean bathroom or anything.

4. overpriced for the crap service

5. they change the prices - shuttle to fort lauderdale $35 was what we were quoted when we went to pay $60 big difference at this stage after so many wrong things you just pay to get out of the void that is the best western.

i have travelled through central america for the last 4 months and only one of the hotels that we stayed in had bad staff. i just want to point out that I dont have over the top expectations and I feel that if you pay $150 a night you should receive service to that value. This hotel value was $10 a night as far as I was concerned. Even writing this it is begining to annoy me again so I will finish
I hated it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to start by saying thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand that you may have had some issues during your stay that went unresolved and I would certainly like to speak to you regarding them. I am pleased that you liked the size as well as the comfort of our mattress. I apologize for any misunderstanding and issues you may have had during your stay with us. We strive to make sure each guest’s experience at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort is a memorable one. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay please feel free to contact me directly at 10366@hotel.bestwestern.com or via phone at 305-673-3337. I hope that we can change your mind about Best Western and give us another chance. We would certainly love to have you back in the future. Thank you again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

After reading earlier bad reviews of this hotel i have ve decided to give one mysef!I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in january with my mum and my sister and i absolutely loved it!
Yes there was some down sides but they surely don't outweight the good points!
Cons:When checking in I was aked to pay a deposit which I wasn't told about when I booked the room,as my uk registered card wasn't working,I had to pay cash(200 dollars),not fair when it wasn't planned.
Housekeeping is not the best as they make your bed but didn't change the bedlinen in the whole duration of our stay
Pros:Beautiful hotel,clean and very well located and for the view of the ocean you get I would say the prices are very good especially as the hotel is very well located and Miami is quite expensive.
I was very pleased with one of the concierges in particular(shame I can't remember his name) who was very nice and helpful in giving us directions and tips on what to do in Miami.When trying to book a taxi for airport,He even suggested we took the bus which saved us about 30 dollars and the bus stops 2mins outside the hotel and is an express service to Miami airport.
Restaurant is quite expensive,however,had dinner there once,it was a 3 course special,soup,prawns and rice(grilled prawns,very nice and fresh) and a fabulous chocolate cake!
Free wi fi in hotel was anothe pro,however you can use pc in lobby,1 dollar/4min(I had a problem with the pc once bu someone helped me out promptly,I later found out he was the hotel manager,very friendly and helpful person)
All in all,i would definitely recommend thiss hotel as I had a great stay but as everyone they need to keep improving!

• Stayed January 2011
At the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort we are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and standards for our guest. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself during your stay with us and certainly would love for you to stay with us again in the future if ever in the Miami Beach area. I do apologize that the linen service did not meet up to your standards, being a green hotel one of the initiatives that we have in place is a water conservation plan to cut back on wasted water and chemicals. At anytime though if a guest desires to have the sheets changed for any reason we will certainly do so. Once again we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you in the future.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights, the first night before our cruise and one night after. We chose this hotel for the price and the proximity to South Beach. What a mistake!! The beds are old and tired, hard as a rock, my wife did not get a lot of sleep here. There only redeeming feature was the friendly server in the dining room from Columbia.
The front desk staff are not friendly and the concierge was down right grumpy. They will try and gouge you on the transfers to the airport or cruise dock. You are better off to take your own taxi.
The regular check in time is 4 PM. My wife confirmed with them 3 times to get an early check in when we came back from our cruise, each time we were told no problem. Well we get there at 11 AM Sunday morning and we are told there are no rooms available and to go and sit out by the pool and wait. We went to check 4 times to see if a room was ready and each time we told no. We were not allowed into the room until the regular check in time of 4 PM. It was not just us, there was another couple waiting as well. So our plans of spending the day on the beach were shot. Do not stay here if you think you are going to spend the day on the beach.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
BWABR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
I want to start off by thanking you for your review we sincerely appreciate your feedback and strive for perfection here at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. It is unfortunate that you experienced these issues during your stay but rest assured we will do everything in our power to correct these issues so that in the future they can be avoided for yourself and other guest. We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort? Share your experiences!