“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #132 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Homestead, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I'm being generous and giving this two stars only because there were a few employees that were over the top nice. However when we arrived we find that parking is two blocks away. We were ok with that until we approached the concierge for a luggage cart and were told there weren't any available. There was one there with luggage on it that had been sitting like that for the first 30 minutes we were there and I asked him since it was obvious that luggage wasn't moving at that time could we use it and bring it back for the,. He flat out told us no. He had no desire to assist us whatsoever. I really wanted to question if he knew the accurate definition of concierge. We ended up taking our luggage up without a cart. We came back down about 30 mins later and that same luggage was still sitting on that same cart. When we got off the elevator on our floor the odor was so bad that it reminded me of a really bad nursing home. The hotel is obviously very old but an odor like that was surprising. Our room was ok and seemed fairly clean until we opened the ice bucket to get ice and there was hair in it. We washed it out and went to get ice just outside our door and of course it was empty. Had to go to other floors for ice. We then realized that our bath sink wasn't draining and the toilet was clogged. We did tell a house keeper on our way to the beach and it was fixed by the time we got back. The beach service folks were very very nice but the cushions that went on the loungers were disgusting. He did however bring extra towels to cover the whole chair. The pool furniture was in really bad shape and old. It looked filthy. We weren't in our room a lot but the morning of check out which was by 12:00 pm the housekeeper banged on our door about 9:00 and startled us out of bed. We let her know we'd be out by noon. Then I was getting dressed and trying to pack up at about 10:30 am and another house keeper came into our room without knocking and I was not dressed at all. Seriously?? I told her she might want to knock first. The view from our room was spectacular and I guess for the price I shouldn't expect a while lot. But even at that rate and offering a concierge we would have been welcomed and helped by them a little bit more than we were. I wouldn't stay there again but for anyone on a budget that do not care about the things I've complained about it would be ok. One more thing at check in we were told we were going to be charged $50 security deposit per night refundable and a $2 daily charge for the free amenities such as wifi, pool towels etc. I found being charged for free amenities amusing.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

1st time visiting Miami and South Beach. Decided to stay at this hotel since I know the Best Western name. Hotel has very nice curb appeal and very clean and nice lobby. One of the nicest BW I've seen inside and out. The ocean view is superb and very easy access to beach. So far so good, but be aware parking is NOT free, neither is breakfast. WiFi is, but you have to repeatedly log in, kind of annoying. Also beach chairs can be rented for a fee. Almost everything has a fee, but maybe it's due to the area, read fine print. Hotel staff at front desk was OK, but didn't go out of their way for most part to answer questions, very minimal info about parking, which they only have about 20 spaces (had to park off site, at a cost of about 35 per day). Pool closes way to early and no hot tub, which would be nice. I do recommend wave bar, guy there is super nice, made visit better and I wish other staff would be more like him. Location not too bad, but too far to walk to South beach. Cab about 10 bucks. If staff would be a bit friendlier and parking would improve , I'd be back.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This property is on the beach and is clean and well maintained. The rooms seem very nice. Was there for overnight only so I did not get to check out the view but it should be great if you book an ocean view room. PARKING is extremely limited so come in a cab or shuttle or be prepared to park in a paid parking garage 3 blocks from the property. I was in a large pickup and was surprised by the limited parking which was not disclosed on the chains reservation website, the desk clerk tried to assist and see if I could cancel the res and move to another property with parking but was blown off rudely by the lady who was either the supervisor or MOD. This left me forced to park 3 blocks away and schlep my bags down the street. An experience I would expect in Manhattan but not a Miami beach resort hotel. The rating on service is not fair to the staff but it was based on the manager/supervisors disregard for my issue.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My sister and I planned our yearly Carnival Cruise vaca and decided to stay in Miami 2 days prior. It was really nice. The weather was great and the city was HUGE!!! Our ocean front view at Best Western Atlantic Resort was wonderful. Food & service was great. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jerome, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The view is spectacular, the beach is amazing, the restaurant on site has a great breakfast buffet you can purchase BUT the hotel really needs so work. The lobby has you wowed and then you see your tired worn out room. Carpets are worn out and torn. The hallways need some cleaning. Our hallway had black mildew growing on the ceiling. I realize that that is part of the kick back from the humidity from the tropical climate but it can be controlled and cleaned up. Looked terrible! Staff were not the friendliest people in town, except the pool bar and lunch counter -- those two were SUPER! We did have a great rate but will shop around more next time not just go with Best Western brand.

Room Tip: If you want complete ocean view---ask for the front ocean view. Np obstructions in the way.