“Not a good experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort

You added BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #135 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Thomasville, Georgia
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

On the exterior, the hotel appears like a good location and a nice hotel. However, after check-in, the story changes. The room we had was a beachfront and had a beautiful view, but the room was not very clean and had a very "stuffy" smell. When we took off our shoes, we discovered the carpet was saturated right outside the bathroom. Not knowing if this was toilet water, we called the front desk who then sent someone from maintenance. The man did not speak English and he said a few things, shook his head, told us it wasn't that wet, and the left the room. We called the desk back and then they sent someone from housekeeping who proceeded to only put down one towel. We went downstairs to the desk only to find that there were several other unhappy customers most of them having problems with the air conditioning. We finally were able to get our room changed. When we arrived in our new room, the television did not work. We didn't bother calling the desk because we were so frustrated at this point we just went to bed. The parking was another problem. There were a few spaces in an underground garage and we almost had nowhere to park even after we were charged 25.00 to park. My suggestion, pay a few dollars more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room and the fact that the carpet was wet. Our housekeeping supervisors check all the rooms to make sure that everything is in working order prior to the guests entering the room. I do apologize once again for this inconvenience and do hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next visit. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best regards,
Barbara Romano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hotel was basic but friendly staff, on-site restaurant with painfully slow service but adequate food. Good Italian restaurant two doors down. Right on the beach with beach views. Two blocks from the hotel is the pick-up for the sight seeing bus tour. Staff accomodated us leaving luggage and picking it up a few days later. Clean.

Room Tip: Ocean view allows a block away view of the ocean skyline.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the hotel, location and all it has to offer. I apologize for the slow service in the restaurant and will make sure to address this so that other guests are not inconvenienced. We value your feedback and look forward to your return.

Union City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Best thing about this hotel is location. Located a couple of blocks away from bridge that crosses to Miami and main highways. In addition next to the beach and good area for families (Not too crowded as South Beach and not too quite as North Beach). There is a Walgreens within walking distance (5 min walk); a market/deli that serves breakfast, lunch and is opened until 11:00 pm on 42nd st and Collins, called Primo Cafe; and a Subway on 40th and Collins.
Rooms are clean, but the carpets are old and humid. Lobby has been renovated, rooms are outdated, but clean. Hosekeeping not so good; they took towels twice and didn't return clean ones, so I had to call reception. Rooms are very called once you go in; however, you can control temperature. There was a fridge in the room; microwave on the basemant. Pool are is good, especially if you are traveling with kids. I traveled with my husband, parents and my 2 year old son and did not have any problems. It's good for the price; and we didn't really stay much in our rooms; we enjoyed the pool and beach.
Parking was fulled; however they recommended us a parking lot 2 blocks away. We parked on the streets; $1 per hour, from 8:00 am -6:00pm; so that was $10 per day if we didn't move our car all day.
I will recommend this hotel. Is not noisy, is good for families; great location; in my opinion, they should get rid of all carpets. Hopefully hotel administration has that project on mind.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. You are correct that the location is ideal and have wonderful options nearby. You will be happy to know that all guest corridor carpets have been replaced and the newly renovated corridors look beautiful. We look forward to your return so that you can see it for yourself. As for parking, the hotel does have a limited amount of spaces. There is meter parking and also a public garage a block away. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel is filthy!!!! The lobby may be beautiful but the rest of this place is dirty and run down. My room had a filthy bathroom, stained sheets, burnt out lights and there bugs. I've documented my experience with pictures and have already posted a few. There is also no parking, although I was told there was. We had to park in a public garage and walk two blocks at midnight. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2013
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest:

Let me apologize for your inconvenience. In viewing the picture, I do see that the bathtub is one of the last ones left that with rust stains before the project was completed. Please note that we have completed that project and all bathtubs have been completely refinished. Also, we did have the laundry department check all sheets to ensure that no sheets were found with any rust stains on them. We have also purchased brand new linen and towels for the hotel. The same goes for the lamp shades that have been replaced. Had we known during your stay, we would have accommodated you in another room. I apologize once again and want to make sure that you know all of these matters have been resolved for our future guests.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit.

Best Regards,.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

As I read reviews about this hotel I was very skeptical about what I would encounter during my stay because I saw more negative reviews than positive, but I still kept an open mind.
I had to make two diff reservations because I had an ocean front one night and city view the next 4 nights. No issues at all with my first reservation. The room and bathroom were clean and ocean front was awesome!! Highly recommend if it is available (room 714) (although it got very humid and made the sheets damp when I left the balcony door open).
Upon trying to check-in my other room I had an issue with not knowing there was a $50 PER night fee, $8 resort fee, and $5 per extra person in the room fee. Which I feel is ridiculous since I called way ahead of time to ask questions about extra fees. Luckily, Sheila was very helpful in asking the manager to reduce the deposit fee for me. I got the executive suite for the remainder of my stay and it was very spacious, looked like they just merged two joining rooms to make one big one but overall worth what I paid for and the city view from our balcony was beautiful at night.
Despite horriffic reviews I read about the property itself, this hotel was pretty great! No foul smell in the hallway, no creepy crawlies in my room, the hotel decor wasn't outdated at all and both of my rooms were clean. My issues were only with front desk staff. Other than Sheila, customer service was awful! As a Best Western employee myself, we get complaints all of the time for not smiling or making eye contact with guests and to come to another Best Western and not see any hospitality shown was very illogical to me. Asking general questions seemed to be a bother to every single person working besides the two guys that worked at the information desk by the entrance. I asked for a bandaid and Tatiana quickly said no & seemed to have an attitude when someone else brought me one. Like how how hard was it to get a bandaid?? But anyway...
Suggestion to future guests: Bring your own towel & washcloth. All of the towels seemed to be clean just a bunch of yellow stains which in think is unacceptable to fold up and provide to paying guests.

Pros:
-Great Location
-Great Rooms
-Great View

Cons:
-Poor Customer Service
-No Free Breakfast
-Less than 30 free tv channels
-Best Western Reward Members are not rewarded

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you were content with the Hotel and location. We have recently renovated our guest corridors to make the hotel even better for our future guests. I do apologize for the confusion with the fees but happy to hear that Sheila was able to take care of that for you. We have a great new team at the front desk and customer service is their top priority. We are also continuing to make improvements to ensure that all of our future guests have a memorable stay. We thank you for looking past the negative reviews and choosing to stay at the Hotel. It is always a pleasure to be able to offer our guests a wonderful experience while here. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Rochester, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was excellent overall, Although I wish there was parking lot available, I felt obligated to wake up each morning and feed money to the machines so I don't receive a ticket, instead of being worried free.
But over all experience was 9/10 I take away 1 point due to no parking.
Staff was great, room was always clean smelled nice, beach view was amazing, loved it, just next time I come I wont bring a car so I can be in one peace

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest:

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. As previously mentioned, we do have on-site parking but have limited spaces available. It does tend to fill up very quickly. I do recommend to many guests not to rent a vehicle unless they are going somewhere specific. It is easy to get around Miami Beach and the public transportation and cabs are easily accessible. I thank you for choosing the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort and look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Great place, awesome location, clean Rooms, confy bed, free wi-fi, staff very friendly. This place has everything you need to spend your vacations at affordable price. Recommend to go with family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you again real soon!

Best regards,

Barbara Romano

Been to BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort? Share your experiences!