As I read reviews about this hotel I was very skeptical about what I would encounter during my stay because I saw more negative reviews than positive, but I still kept an open mind.
I had to make two diff reservations because I had an ocean front one night and city view the next 4 nights. No issues at all with my first reservation. The room and bathroom were clean and ocean front was awesome!! Highly recommend if it is available (room 714) (although it got very humid and made the sheets damp when I left the balcony door open).
Upon trying to check-in my other room I had an issue with not knowing there was a $50 PER night fee, $8 resort fee, and $5 per extra person in the room fee. Which I feel is ridiculous since I called way ahead of time to ask questions about extra fees. Luckily, Sheila was very helpful in asking the manager to reduce the deposit fee for me. I got the executive suite for the remainder of my stay and it was very spacious, looked like they just merged two joining rooms to make one big one but overall worth what I paid for and the city view from our balcony was beautiful at night.
Despite horriffic reviews I read about the property itself, this hotel was pretty great! No foul smell in the hallway, no creepy crawlies in my room, the hotel decor wasn't outdated at all and both of my rooms were clean. My issues were only with front desk staff. Other than Sheila, customer service was awful! As a Best Western employee myself, we get complaints all of the time for not smiling or making eye contact with guests and to come to another Best Western and not see any hospitality shown was very illogical to me. Asking general questions seemed to be a bother to every single person working besides the two guys that worked at the information desk by the entrance. I asked for a bandaid and Tatiana quickly said no & seemed to have an attitude when someone else brought me one. Like how how hard was it to get a bandaid?? But anyway...
Suggestion to future guests: Bring your own towel & washcloth. All of the towels seemed to be clean just a bunch of yellow stains which in think is unacceptable to fold up and provide to paying guests.
-Poor Customer Service
-No Free Breakfast
-Less than 30 free tv channels
-Best Western Reward Members are not rewarded
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to this oceanfront Miami Beach, Florida hotel conveniently near the Atlantic Ocean, South Beach, Port of Miami and the Miami Beach Convention Center. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort where the service is top notch and the accommodations are beachfront and affordable. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, this Florida hotel offers convenient access to many local attractions in and around Miami Beach. Guests staying at this Miami Beach hotel will enjoy spacious, ocean view guest rooms and suites that are 100% non-smoking and feature cable satellite television, refrigerator and free wireless high-speed Internet access. Dining and entertaining are made easy at the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort with a restaurant and cocktail lounge right on property. After a day of enjoying all that Miami Beach has to offer, take a refreshing dip in the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fully equipped exercise facility. The BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is fully equipped with a business center and meeting and banquet facilities that can accommodate up to 150 people. The BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is close to where travelers want to be while visiting Miami Beach. Nestled oceanfront, this hotel is just steps away from the Atlantic Ocean Florida beaches. Spend a leisurely afternoon touring the Miami Seaquarium or exploring the Parrot Jungle Recreational Park. Find a variety of brand name shops at world renowned Coconut Grove, located just 12 miles from the hotel. Venture out and enjoy all the excitement and entertainment offered in nearby South Beach. Guests will also appreciate this hotel's proximity to the Port of Miami, Mount Sinai Hospital and Miami Heart Research Center. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Miami Beach, Florida. Make a reservation today and save. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Atlantic Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Best Western Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Best Western
- Best Western Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Best Western