“Recommend for nice rooms and location only” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort

You added BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #136 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Recommend for nice rooms and location only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

As I read reviews about this hotel I was very skeptical about what I would encounter during my stay because I saw more negative reviews than positive, but I still kept an open mind.
I had to make two diff reservations because I had an ocean front one night and city view the next 4 nights. No issues at all with my first reservation. The room and bathroom were clean and ocean front was awesome!! Highly recommend if it is available (room 714) (although it got very humid and made the sheets damp when I left the balcony door open).
Upon trying to check-in my other room I had an issue with not knowing there was a $50 PER night fee, $8 resort fee, and $5 per extra person in the room fee. Which I feel is ridiculous since I called way ahead of time to ask questions about extra fees. Luckily, Sheila was very helpful in asking the manager to reduce the deposit fee for me. I got the executive suite for the remainder of my stay and it was very spacious, looked like they just merged two joining rooms to make one big one but overall worth what I paid for and the city view from our balcony was beautiful at night.
Despite horriffic reviews I read about the property itself, this hotel was pretty great! No foul smell in the hallway, no creepy crawlies in my room, the hotel decor wasn't outdated at all and both of my rooms were clean. My issues were only with front desk staff. Other than Sheila, customer service was awful! As a Best Western employee myself, we get complaints all of the time for not smiling or making eye contact with guests and to come to another Best Western and not see any hospitality shown was very illogical to me. Asking general questions seemed to be a bother to every single person working besides the two guys that worked at the information desk by the entrance. I asked for a bandaid and Tatiana quickly said no & seemed to have an attitude when someone else brought me one. Like how how hard was it to get a bandaid?? But anyway...
Suggestion to future guests: Bring your own towel & washcloth. All of the towels seemed to be clean just a bunch of yellow stains which in think is unacceptable to fold up and provide to paying guests.

Pros:
-Great Location
-Great Rooms
-Great View

Cons:
-Poor Customer Service
-No Free Breakfast
-Less than 30 free tv channels
-Best Western Reward Members are not rewarded

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you were content with the Hotel and location. We have recently renovated our guest corridors to make the hotel even better for our future guests. I do apologize for the confusion with the fees but happy to hear that Sheila was able to take care of that for you. We have a great new team at the front desk and customer service is their top priority. We are also continuing to make improvements to ensure that all of our future guests have a memorable stay. We thank you for looking past the negative reviews and choosing to stay at the Hotel. It is always a pleasure to be able to offer our guests a wonderful experience while here. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Barbara Romano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was excellent overall, Although I wish there was parking lot available, I felt obligated to wake up each morning and feed money to the machines so I don't receive a ticket, instead of being worried free.
But over all experience was 9/10 I take away 1 point due to no parking.
Staff was great, room was always clean smelled nice, beach view was amazing, loved it, just next time I come I wont bring a car so I can be in one peace

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest:

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. As previously mentioned, we do have on-site parking but have limited spaces available. It does tend to fill up very quickly. I do recommend to many guests not to rent a vehicle unless they are going somewhere specific. It is easy to get around Miami Beach and the public transportation and cabs are easily accessible. I thank you for choosing the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort and look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Great place, awesome location, clean Rooms, confy bed, free wi-fi, staff very friendly. This place has everything you need to spend your vacations at affordable price. Recommend to go with family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you again real soon!

Best regards,

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This Best Western is really all about the location. Other than that, there's really not a lot going for it. I had terrible customer service provided by housekeeping. I had no soap in my room, including the shower gel dispenser. Do they ever fill these things? I asked a housekeeper in the hall and she said she had no soap and that I had to go to the desk. Really? She could have gone a little out of her way and put it in my room as I was leaving for the evening. I had also asked the front desk attendant for some toothpaste and they didn't have any. Usually Best Western's are pretty good about complimentary toiletries if you forget any but this one clearly is not. She gave me a bar of soap though. The Check-in process was smooth with no wait and the woman at the desk was very polite and professional. I can't remember her name but I remember she was an intern. They do authorize your credit card for an additional $50 incidental charge. This goes back onto your card after you check out and they release it. I'm used to this procedure so I normally don't' have a problem with it but others might.

They appear to be renovating (I noticed some signs in the elevator). Only problem is they haven't gotten to where it matters: The rooms. The hallway carpeting is very old and really needs to be replaced. The rooms are severely dated and the pillows were horrendous. The wi-fi signal was good and they do have flat screens in the rooms. I did not eat in the restaurant. This BW does not include a complimentary buffet in the morning. Another problem is the parking situation. They only offer a few spots in their garage and they go quickly. I believe parking is about $30/night. Miami parking is crazy so if you don't feel like driving around finding a parking spot at night I would just go with the $30. The hotel is actually located between two public parking areas which makes it convenient. You will have to walk a few blocks but parking is free after 6pm but enforcement begins @ 8am. The closer parking lot is on 36th street, I believe. It's hard to recommend this hotel. I stayed for a good rate so check their rates. You are only paying for location. The pool area was nice but closes very early. I mainly went swimming in the ocean. This hotel is also right in front of the lifeguard tower which is nice if you have small children. It is also located on the boardwalk so it's great if you are a runner or walker. If the service was a little better with a nicer room presentation I probably would have given it a 4 but for now it is staying average.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for returning a second time to our Hotel. I am very sorry to hear you had a problem with Housekeeping and soap as this department is always so well reviewed. I have spoken to my staff to make sure that issues such as these do not re-occur. We were in fact doing some renovations in the restaurant when you were here. You will also be happy to hear that we will be renovating our guest corridors in this coming month including brand new carpeting throughout. As I've mentioned before, the Hotel does offer parking but it is limited and is offered on a first come, first serve basis. However, the rate of $27.00 is very competitive and fair for this area. When we do fill our garage, we do suggest parking in the nearby public garage which is located in the next block and is an easy walk from the Hotel. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity on your third stay as I assure you will be very pleased with all of the changes. We hope to see you back real soon.
Thank you again for your loyalty and your business. It is very much appreciated!

Lakewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week and VERY unhappy. First they refused us any upgrades. Then we had soap or shampoo for a whole two days even when asked multiple times to bring up . The hotel has a very strong smell. They don't enforce any "no soliciting " you will find ten flyers under your door every single time you come back to your room. The staff wasn't over friendly with the exception of the cleaning crew. Toilet had problems and didn't always flush. The only positive thing is the location. Spend your money at the days inn or holiday inn o. The same street

Room Tip: Don't come to a place where employees HATE their jobs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest:

It is very upsetting to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We take every matter to heart and go above and beyond for every one of our guests, no matter what their status. I assure you that all of your comments have been reviewed to make certain that any issues you experienced will not be repeated by any other guest. We are making some wonderful changes and improvements to the hotel. I do hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I had a great time in this hotel, it is located in a quiet and pleasent place. Rooms are nice, not too fancy but cozy and very clean. The Staff is very kind and helpful, I would like to single out Veronica & Lorenny for great service!
Pool is small but clean and nice, the view is exceptional indeed!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest:

I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the Hotel. My staff will be delighted to hear that you mentioned them in your review. We look forward to seeing you again real soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here on a stopover whilst travelling down to the Florida Keys.

On reading the hotel there where mixed reviews so we where a bit unsure of what we would get but as only staying one night, it was worth the risk. Overall it was clean, tidy and a good location to walk down to South Beach.

1) Good, Clean, Large room
2) Secure underground car park
3) Restaurant in hotel for breakfast / dinner (although we didn't eat there)
4) Walk out the back onto a nice new wooden boardwalk that takes you along the rear of all the hotels, down to South Beach main area.

The hotel was ideal for a one night stopover.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity despite the mixed reviews. I am happy to see that you made the right choice by choosing to stay with us. I am very happy to hear you had a good experience and hope we will be able to accommodate you again in the near future.

Barbara Romano

Been to BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort? Share your experiences!