“My second visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #133 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“My second visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This Best Western is really all about the location. Other than that, there's really not a lot going for it. I had terrible customer service provided by housekeeping. I had no soap in my room, including the shower gel dispenser. Do they ever fill these things? I asked a housekeeper in the hall and she said she had no soap and that I had to go to the desk. Really? She could have gone a little out of her way and put it in my room as I was leaving for the evening. I had also asked the front desk attendant for some toothpaste and they didn't have any. Usually Best Western's are pretty good about complimentary toiletries if you forget any but this one clearly is not. She gave me a bar of soap though. The Check-in process was smooth with no wait and the woman at the desk was very polite and professional. I can't remember her name but I remember she was an intern. They do authorize your credit card for an additional $50 incidental charge. This goes back onto your card after you check out and they release it. I'm used to this procedure so I normally don't' have a problem with it but others might.

They appear to be renovating (I noticed some signs in the elevator). Only problem is they haven't gotten to where it matters: The rooms. The hallway carpeting is very old and really needs to be replaced. The rooms are severely dated and the pillows were horrendous. The wi-fi signal was good and they do have flat screens in the rooms. I did not eat in the restaurant. This BW does not include a complimentary buffet in the morning. Another problem is the parking situation. They only offer a few spots in their garage and they go quickly. I believe parking is about $30/night. Miami parking is crazy so if you don't feel like driving around finding a parking spot at night I would just go with the $30. The hotel is actually located between two public parking areas which makes it convenient. You will have to walk a few blocks but parking is free after 6pm but enforcement begins @ 8am. The closer parking lot is on 36th street, I believe. It's hard to recommend this hotel. I stayed for a good rate so check their rates. You are only paying for location. The pool area was nice but closes very early. I mainly went swimming in the ocean. This hotel is also right in front of the lifeguard tower which is nice if you have small children. It is also located on the boardwalk so it's great if you are a runner or walker. If the service was a little better with a nicer room presentation I probably would have given it a 4 but for now it is staying average.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for returning a second time to our Hotel. I am very sorry to hear you had a problem with Housekeeping and soap as this department is always so well reviewed. I have spoken to my staff to make sure that issues such as these do not re-occur. We were in fact doing some renovations in the restaurant when you were here. You will also be happy to hear that we will be renovating our guest corridors in this coming month including brand new carpeting throughout. As I've mentioned before, the Hotel does offer parking but it is limited and is offered on a first come, first serve basis. However, the rate of $27.00 is very competitive and fair for this area. When we do fill our garage, we do suggest parking in the nearby public garage which is located in the next block and is an easy walk from the Hotel. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity on your third stay as I assure you will be very pleased with all of the changes. We hope to see you back real soon.
Thank you again for your loyalty and your business. It is very much appreciated!

954 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Lakewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week and VERY unhappy. First they refused us any upgrades. Then we had soap or shampoo for a whole two days even when asked multiple times to bring up . The hotel has a very strong smell. They don't enforce any "no soliciting " you will find ten flyers under your door every single time you come back to your room. The staff wasn't over friendly with the exception of the cleaning crew. Toilet had problems and didn't always flush. The only positive thing is the location. Spend your money at the days inn or holiday inn o. The same street

Room Tip: Don't come to a place where employees HATE their jobs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest:

It is very upsetting to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We take every matter to heart and go above and beyond for every one of our guests, no matter what their status. I assure you that all of your comments have been reviewed to make certain that any issues you experienced will not be repeated by any other guest. We are making some wonderful changes and improvements to the hotel. I do hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I had a great time in this hotel, it is located in a quiet and pleasent place. Rooms are nice, not too fancy but cozy and very clean. The Staff is very kind and helpful, I would like to single out Veronica & Lorenny for great service!
Pool is small but clean and nice, the view is exceptional indeed!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest:

I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the Hotel. My staff will be delighted to hear that you mentioned them in your review. We look forward to seeing you again real soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here on a stopover whilst travelling down to the Florida Keys.

On reading the hotel there where mixed reviews so we where a bit unsure of what we would get but as only staying one night, it was worth the risk. Overall it was clean, tidy and a good location to walk down to South Beach.

1) Good, Clean, Large room
2) Secure underground car park
3) Restaurant in hotel for breakfast / dinner (although we didn't eat there)
4) Walk out the back onto a nice new wooden boardwalk that takes you along the rear of all the hotels, down to South Beach main area.

The hotel was ideal for a one night stopover.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity despite the mixed reviews. I am happy to see that you made the right choice by choosing to stay with us. I am very happy to hear you had a good experience and hope we will be able to accommodate you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hotel has a great location between North Beach and Sobe, you get the best of two places :). We arrived earlier on Sunday and our Room was ready, Rooms are very clean and the view is amazing. All the Staff were very helpful and always smiling, we want to thank to all the employees for mades us feel so comfortable, in particulary Veronica & Beatriz from Housekeeping.we will back in December!

• Stayed May 2013
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

We are pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy the location and were pleased with the services and cleanliness of the hotel. Our staff will be very happy to know you mentioned them. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Very customer services ortiented staff. Always willing to help and to make your stay a wonderful one. Right next to the beach and very clean rooms. Next time I go to Miami I will definitely stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort.
P.S their restaurant serves really good food.

• Stayed March 2013
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest:

We are so happy to hear you had a great stay with us. Our staff is always pleased to hear that they are able to make an impact on our guests stay. I will definitely let our restaurant staff know you were happy with the food and service....they really do a wonderful job.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Location of the hotel is ok, there is a great beach directly behind the hotel but that is the only positive. Rooms are very dated and the smell other reviews have mentioned is pretty strong in the hallways. The smell reminds me of bug spray. When we first arrived we were given room 606 and upon entering it there was about 20 restaurant flyers laying on the floor and the smell was overwhelming (musty). Asked to switch rooms and was given a room on the first floor (106) the smell was slightly better not as overwhelming as the first room. Being on the first floor and just off the lobby we did experience some noise so if you're a light sleeper don't take a room on the first floor. At night you couldn't get the room completely dark b/c there was some gaps between the door that allowed light from the hallway in. Toilets flushed extremely loudly. No safes in the room or at least not mine. Pool area is small and the beach towels are a joke, $2 Walmart special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

I am very sorry to hear you had a negative experience. As I've mentioned before, we are in the midst of renovating our guest corridors which will eliminate the many complaints we have received regarding the appearance and smell. The majority of the hotels in the area have had an issue with vendors placing pizza flyers under the doors. Our security team is diligently working to keep this under control. We are replacing some of the in-room safes and it may be that the room you checked in was receiving a new safe, thus the safe was missing. I do apologize if this caused any inconvenience. Please note, that we also offer safety deposit boxes at the front desk. Also, I do apologize if you were not satisfied with the pool towels, as we only buy high quality commercial products for the hotel.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to Miami Beach. If there is anything further, we can do for you, please contact me directly.

Barbara Romano

Been to BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort? Share your experiences!