This Best Western is really all about the location. Other than that, there's really not a lot going for it. I had terrible customer service provided by housekeeping. I had no soap in my room, including the shower gel dispenser. Do they ever fill these things? I asked a housekeeper in the hall and she said she had no soap and that I had to go to the desk. Really? She could have gone a little out of her way and put it in my room as I was leaving for the evening. I had also asked the front desk attendant for some toothpaste and they didn't have any. Usually Best Western's are pretty good about complimentary toiletries if you forget any but this one clearly is not. She gave me a bar of soap though. The Check-in process was smooth with no wait and the woman at the desk was very polite and professional. I can't remember her name but I remember she was an intern. They do authorize your credit card for an additional $50 incidental charge. This goes back onto your card after you check out and they release it. I'm used to this procedure so I normally don't' have a problem with it but others might.
They appear to be renovating (I noticed some signs in the elevator). Only problem is they haven't gotten to where it matters: The rooms. The hallway carpeting is very old and really needs to be replaced. The rooms are severely dated and the pillows were horrendous. The wi-fi signal was good and they do have flat screens in the rooms. I did not eat in the restaurant. This BW does not include a complimentary buffet in the morning. Another problem is the parking situation. They only offer a few spots in their garage and they go quickly. I believe parking is about $30/night. Miami parking is crazy so if you don't feel like driving around finding a parking spot at night I would just go with the $30. The hotel is actually located between two public parking areas which makes it convenient. You will have to walk a few blocks but parking is free after 6pm but enforcement begins @ 8am. The closer parking lot is on 36th street, I believe. It's hard to recommend this hotel. I stayed for a good rate so check their rates. You are only paying for location. The pool area was nice but closes very early. I mainly went swimming in the ocean. This hotel is also right in front of the lifeguard tower which is nice if you have small children. It is also located on the boardwalk so it's great if you are a runner or walker. If the service was a little better with a nicer room presentation I probably would have given it a 4 but for now it is staying average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to this oceanfront Miami Beach, Florida hotel conveniently near the Atlantic Ocean, South Beach, Port of Miami and the Miami Beach Convention Center. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort where the service is top notch and the accommodations are beachfront and affordable. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, this Florida hotel offers convenient access to many local attractions in and around Miami Beach. Guests staying at this Miami Beach hotel will enjoy spacious, ocean view guest rooms and suites that are 100% non-smoking and feature cable satellite television, refrigerator and free wireless high-speed Internet access. Dining and entertaining are made easy at the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort with a restaurant and cocktail lounge right on property. After a day of enjoying all that Miami Beach has to offer, take a refreshing dip in the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fully equipped exercise facility. The BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is fully equipped with a business center and meeting and banquet facilities that can accommodate up to 150 people. The BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is close to where travelers want to be while visiting Miami Beach. Nestled oceanfront, this hotel is just steps away from the Atlantic Ocean Florida beaches. Spend a leisurely afternoon touring the Miami Seaquarium or exploring the Parrot Jungle Recreational Park. Find a variety of brand name shops at world renowned Coconut Grove, located just 12 miles from the hotel. Venture out and enjoy all the excitement and entertainment offered in nearby South Beach. Guests will also appreciate this hotel's proximity to the Port of Miami, Mount Sinai Hospital and Miami Heart Research Center. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Miami Beach, Florida. Make a reservation today and save. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Atlantic Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Best Western Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Best Western
- Best Western Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Best Western