“Highly recommended Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #127 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Vancouver, Canada
“Highly recommended Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nice, clean and great value for money. Our was always spotless and scented. I loved the towel figures!!!

The staff was always friendly and bilingual in both Spanish and English. We had an inconvenient with our toilet and I told one of the housekeepers at the hallway, 5 min after, a maintenance guy was knocking at out door to fix it! Great communication in between the different departments.

Loved their Pool bar too! :)

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us and hope we can accommodate you in the near future. I am happy to hear we were able to resolve the issue with your toilet in a timely manner. Our pool bar just got better! We have done some renovations to that area so hope we can have you back real soon!

Best Regards,
Barbara Romano

872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This at very nice hotel in south beach, the housekeeping staff is very attentive and friendly. Rooms are very clean. Overall this is a nice place to stay. i am so hapyy whit my room and the service everyday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. I am very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I do agree with you! Our housekeeping staff is wonderful! We hope to have you back with us real soon.

Best Regards,
Barbara Romano
Chantilly, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel needs some major work. hallway carpets need to be replaced. doors are rusty. the doors are really thin, we could hear everything in the hallway. housekeeping staff were EXTREMELY loud in the halls. they sounded like they were having a party - shouting up and down the halls. they need to focus on some maintenance instead of chatting. gym was gross - made me feel like I was breathing in awful germs. water cooler was empty for two days, not sure if it got refilled as we checked out. room toilet was broken. overall, maintenance is really bad at this hotel.

The hotel is in a great location but there are others nearby which looked much nicer from the outside. Nicer pools, better landscaping and better maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet. Halls were very loud. Ask if there are any newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Okay, if you want a great location on the beach and find some of the other properties to be too expensive, so you are willing to put up with filth and artificial odors wafting through the air, then go ahead and stay here. Rugs are worn - be careful - don't trip. Our room had trash sitting around. Balcony had cigarette butts. The scent they used to try and cover up whatever smells there were trying to cover up was probably worse than what they thought they were covering up. People at front desk could have cared less about their guests. And it was obvious that they had no influence over housecleaning. We love being on the water and frequently stay at a place that may be quaint and even a little old just to keep our costs down. But, oh my, this place went way beyond that on being nasty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hohokus, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel was picked for us for the convention recently. It was absolutely disgusting. We walked in to the hallways smelling like pesticides. And yes, we found out why...roaches..killed 3 during the day! It was cold this week, and NO HEAT in the rooms. The bathrooms were disgusting, old & just gross..I wore flip flops. Let's talk about the bar they claim they have! The bar is a folding table with a few drinks to chose from. In the morning, the bar is the omelette station. Breakfast was gross too! The fruit was brown with flies all over the buffet. Even our cream for the coffee everyday had fuzz floating in it. The omelettes they claim are made to order. One simple request I made..no butter...they guy said, sorry thats all we have. No Spray Pam? Really? So no one tries to eat healthy?! The gym is a joke too..maybe 1 treadmill and a few free weights. I didn't make it to the pool to comment. Pay the extra $ and go somewhere else..unless you'd like to bring some roaches home with you.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have to
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff at this hotel need a major attitude adjustment.

I've stayed here now 2 years in a row for 3-4 nights each trip and each time the staff at the front desk have been incredibly rude. Last year they were just rude in general and very slow to check us in/out which is annoying but coming from NY I can deal with that type of attitude. This year I had requested an "ocean front" room when I made the reservation and when we arrived we were put in an "ocean view" room, I went up to the room not realizing it wasn't the room I had booked and when I went back to the front desk to sort out the issue the guy checking me very rudely told me it was my own fault and that's what I had booked and that he couldn't do anything about it. When I asked if we could be moved he tried to move me to the same room but 1 floor down --- I'm not sure how he thought that would have helped !?!

I was really disappointed with this hotel this year, the location is great right off the beach and the rooms are somewhat decent but for $230+ per night I wanted to see more than a sliver of the ocean from my "ocean front" room.

Room Tip: Make sure to request an Ocean FRONT room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Martinez, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Best western atlantic on our way to a cruise from Miami. The hotel is not new, but is still in fantastic shape! clean rooms and friendly staff, location is trhe best! we had a room with ocean view..amazing! we was celebrating our anyversary and the cleaning staff surprised us leaving us two puppies in love made out of towels! Thank you so much Veronica and Suseet for such a sweet detail! We will come back soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort? Share your experiences!