“Check your attitude at the front desk...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort

You added BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #145 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cortez, Florida
“Check your attitude at the front desk...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We arrived a bit early and the surely girl at the desk said 4 O' clock....We then asked if we could park and get a drink at the bar we were told in the same voice 4"Oclock..... We found parking on the street and it was a good thing we did as when we came back at 4'O'clock the parking was full???? When I needed change for their stamp machine that only took quarters was told no change available at the desk but they had a change machine which would not take my bills. The only reason it gets 2 stars is that the housekeeping staff was lovely, my room was spotless....and whenever I ran into one of them in the hallway - they asked if I needed anything and how everything was.... and the concierge desk employees were friendly and helpful. It was also very run down on the outside.... pool area kind of dirty....location is great....will not go back!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Barbara R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience upon check-in. We normally get great remarks from our guests regarding our agents and how helpful they are. We will definitely look into your complaints to ensure that future guests are not affected.

I am also glad to hear that you were pleased with the rest of our staff. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to wow you on your next visit to Miami Beach.

Best regards,

Barbara Romano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
Titusville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a Marriott and Hilton Gold member. I stay in hotels around 100 nights per year and almost never stay at Best Western. This hotel confirms why that is.

The only good thing to say about this hotel is it's location and that the internet worked great. I checked in to find out that there was no parking. I was told to either find a place to park on the street or go to the condo next door and pay them to park. When challenged about this the front desk girl started giving me a huge attitude and became belligerent. Secondly, the bed in my room had a big wet spot on it and it took 2.5 hours and three or four phone calls to get the linens changed. When the maid finally showed up to change the linens she also copped an attitude and told me that "she was too busy" to do this. Finally after much pressure she changed the sheets. Thirdly my room overlooked the lobby and it was extremely noisy. Upon check out no one asked how my stay was. This place is horrible. They don't care and seem to forget that we are their guests. Stay away!

Room Tip: Get a high floor room. Don't get a room overlooking the lobby.
Garden Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Really...... For north of $200 per night, this place is a complete rip off. This is my first time to Miami. Please tell me there are better places than this for $200 :( There are 400 stains in the carpet. A very "unsettling" stain on the bed spread. Something you would expect to see in a crack hotel in vegas ( if you know what I mean )

Room Tip: If you are forced to stay her, which I recommend you do not, try to get an ocean front. Location i...
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night after our cruise. We used our Aeroplan points. The hotel was clean but somewhat dated. We arrived early but were told we could not check in until 4:00 PM. They did however store our luggage securely and grant us access to all the hotel amenities and pool. The hotel has a great location, backing onto Miami Beach and boardwalk. Our room was large (926) and had a beach view. The only negative was that the walls are paper thin. Casual conversation can be heard thru the walls. We ate at the outdoor Tiki restaurant just down the boardwalk at the back of the Days Inn. Good food and not bad prices for Miami Beach. The morning of our departure we had booked a shuttle only to find a note in the morning that the shuttle was cancelled. Luckily cabs were in abundance and it ended up cheaper than the shuttle would have been. We would recommend this hotel for a quick lay over after a cruise. The location makes up for any negatives.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Best Western has a good location, friendly staff but needs complete renovation from public space to rooms. We stayed one night. If you are not looking for high standards and for a reasonable price, this one is not a bad deal. Management should also review its check in policy. It is surprising that to get registered a hand print of your credit card is still needed when machines are available and your Pin code enough to avoid any risk of copying your card. When renovation is needed from cellar to the roof !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandton, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed here for two nights . Not a bad hotel. Clean rooms and the rooms quite spacious . Check in was not that quick but friendly staff.i can recommend the hotel if you are not expecting 5 star luxury.

Room Tip: Please check on parking. There is a parking garage close by if the hotel is full but can be about...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times. The location is great! The beach view is beautiful! It is my hotel of choice when I visit Miami. However, during my recent stay, I was dissapointed to see that the quality of the hotel has declined. Here was the issue this stay: 1.The hotel was out of tissues. There weren't any tissue boxes in the room at the time of my arrival and for the duration of my visit. I had to buy my own, as housekeeping confirmed, they were out of them.
2. There also appeared to be a shortage of towels, particularly hand/face towels. They were in the room upon arrival, but were never replaced once used- even though we personally requested it. Housekeeping actually said they were running low on towels! Now, these are 2 basic amenities that one would expect an average hotel to provide. Since I have never experienced this before on previous visits, I can only assume that the fault lies with current hotel management. As it is, this hotel is in desperate need of a makeover. The carpets are stained and worn, the linen has holes, and the faded dust ruffles have accumulated so much dust, it's just plain disgusting! That being said, towels and tissues are elemental provisions, standard to any hotel. It would behoove management to take notice of these glaring inadequacies and make the necessary rectifications posthaste, in order to ensure that this hotel does not diminish further in its rankings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends