“time to review staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel) (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #132 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
managua
“time to review staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Being a platinum customer, I enjoyed the printed welcome on the check in desk. It was late, I had breakfast in Lonond, lunch in Boston, and had to take the morning plane to Managua.
So I asked for a wake up call, when I went to my spotless room, I picked up the phone to confirm, and it was not connected. If I had been a holiday customer it would not be such a big deal, but on a tight schedule having to go down to the reception, was a pain.

In the morning I noticed, the same clerk who connected the phone and wrote the non existent wake up call was on duty, without identification.

I had no time to deal with this on check out, but remembering Shakespeare's Richard the Third who lost a nail from his horses' shoe, lost the shoe, the horse fell he lost his crown.

Thats how it starts, and I would suggest that if the management read this, and they know me as a serious person,,they review their procedures.
Everything at this hotel is excellent. Its close to 41st Street ( great dellit's)and Mount Sinai Hospital.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
BWABR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
I would like to start off by apologizing for the issues you experienced during your stay. I understand your frustration and would like to get more details from you so that I can further investigate the matter to ensure this does not happen again for future guest and when you visit us again. I am happy to see that everything else with your room and stay were excellent. Please do not hesitate to contact us for your future reservations at 305-673-3337 or 10366@hotel.bestwestern.com. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

933 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This Best Western hotel is a comfortable hotel. We staid here for two night and we had a nice room with balcony at the seaside. The hotel itself has a little swimming pool with a disco.
Walking the boardwalk you can reach downtown Miami Beach in half a hour.
To park your car you pay $ 22 per day in a small garage which is guarded.
Breakfast is not included but is very good .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Stafford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here over Easter with my partner for one night at the start and then two nights at the end of a 2 week Florida fly drive holiday. It is a fair walk to South beach (30 min) but nice views along the boardwalk. Jet ski on the beach just by the hotel was great. Hotel itself was ok - nice lobby, friendly staff, great breakfast. The rooms were not the best though - mattress a bit lumpy and decor dated and no safe in first room. All in all a good experience though although it would have been nicer to be close to South beach. Would recommend no problem.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate your positive comments about our hotel and are glad that you had a great stay. I apologize for the issues you had in your room during your stay and hope that even though these issues occurred you will give us another chance to better serve you next time you visit Miami Beach. Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next booking 10366@hotel.bestwestern.com. Have a great week.

Dennis Camarota
Bay Shore, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place was a scam from the second we walked in. Our room looked nothing like the pictures in the slightest. Our ocean view consists of a white building across the road. The staff was so rude. I even spoke to a manager and she didn't care that I paid extra to have an ocean view and didn't get one. I even called the day before to confirm that what I paid for is what I was going to get. The concierge didn't know that I spoke spanish and tried to charge us more for the scooter rental we asked for help with. The hotel is much further from South Beach than they make it seem and the cabs cost so much money. Breakfast is a buffet that sits there all day but you still have to pay $15/person and tip a waitress. The bedding was itchy and the room was outdated. The service was horrible. They have no idea what customer service is. Booking this hotel absolutely ruined my entire vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
I am sad to hear that you will not be staying at our hotel in the future. I hope that we can change your mind and better serve you the next time you are in Miami Beach. I would like to speak to further about the issues you had during your stay, if you can contact me at 10366@hotel.bestwestern.com I would greatly appreciate it. I want to verify some items as I see you stayed here in 8/2010 and would like to update you on some items that we have changed and improved on since then. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your comments and concerns.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and it was decent. We had an oceanfront room which was great. The cleaning staff was not very good. They forgot our bath towels one day and forgot to wash the coffee pot the next day. The ocean was a little rough and there was quite a bit of seaweed. You can rent 2 lounge chairs and an unbrella for $25. If you want to go to South Beach it's a 10 minute drive or 30 minute walk (nice walk along boardwalk). Hotel parking is $22/day or metered street parking is $10 from 8:00 to 6:00, if you find a spot. If you plan on using your car alot, park in hotel, otherwise leave it on the street...don't forget to feed the meter.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room worth it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
I want to personally thank you for your comments about our hotel and sharing your room tip with our future customers. I do apologize for you not receiving the proper housekeeping service you should have received and hope that next time you are hear we can exceed your expectations. I also want to thank you for sharing information about the area and our location as we are the perfect spot if you want to visit south beach and not be in the middle of all the traffic and busy streets. I hope we can serve you again in the future. Should you need anything please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Thanks again and have a great week.

Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Five of us stayed at this hotel for 10 days and from start to finish suffered disappointement. The list is pretty much endless, however i will try to give a brief overview.

It took 2 hours for us to check in as the staff could not find our reservation.
As three of us were staying in one room we needed an extra bed, as previously stated, however they did not get this and wanted to charge us extra.

Once in the room, only one of the lights worked, the light in the bathroom next to the shower, leaked water, due to upstairs using there facilites.

The front door didn't close properly, therefore the maids were leaving the room insecure throughout the day.

As a group we were having trips forced upon us, to the point where one concierge was booking us on trips that we didnt want to go on.

These issues were regularly highlighted, but nothing was done about any of them!! Unhelpful staff, majority of which were rude and just didnt want tpo be there.

PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
BWABR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear Darrengill13:

I first want to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We certainly value our guest's opinions and will definitely look into these to see that they do not happen again. On a positive note I do see that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel which is very important to us and our guest. I would love to speak to you further about this and get some more information from you, please feel free to contact me directly at 10366@hotel.bestwestern.com or 305-673-3337. Thank you again for sharing your comments and I look forward to speaking with you in the future.

Best Regard,

Fontana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

this hotel was at a great location the room was clean the front desk was nice ask for Fernando for tips on whats good to do in Miami he was very helpful... i do have to complain about the cleaning crew they make lots of noise early in the morning i was able to hear all there conversations as they walk up and down the hall...i also didnt like the fact that the hotel provides chairs and unbrellas on the beach but you have to pay $30.00 to use not cool..other than that i really enjoyed my stay and will be back!

Room Tip: ocean view room was awsome every morning woke up to great view of the ocean
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Erikak99:

Thank you for your response we greatly appreciate your positive feedback. I will certainly let Fernando know about the great job he did for you. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and sorry to hear that our staff made to much noise during the morning while cleaning. I will definitely bring this up at our next department meeting to see if we can resolve this for our future guest. As for the chairs at the beach, we do not own or run the stand but the company does provide discounts to our guest. As you may know the beach is public so you may sit anywhere you'd like but the beach concession is there in case someone ones a lounge chair or umbrella. We certainly welcome you back and do not hesitate to contact me directly to make your next stay. I can be reached at 10366@hotel.bestwestern.com or 305-673-3337. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Dennis Camarota, CHA

Been to BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort? Share your experiences!