You added Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach to your Saves list
Ranked #71 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Davie, Florida
“Surprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was actually very surprised by this courtyard on south beach. I always pass it but never think to stay because the boutique hotels are more colorful and Miami beach-esque. I needed somewhere to accommodate myself and 4 others for a last minute night on the town. Somewhere within walking distance to the strip and the nightlife. This location was great. While it wasn't directly in the midst of it all.. It was close enough for us! And the rates even for last minute was great. The room was much bigger than I expected and it was clean. The front desk staff was very pleasant checking in and out. I'll definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First impression, no cold water in lobby.It was close to 90 degrees and many Marriott's have cold water with fruit floating in the water usually in the lobby. This hotel did not..Some Courtyards are top notch [example Saratoga NY] this was not. This was just an average Courtyard in Miami Beach.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear NewYorkRayman46,

As a fellow New Yorker I'm disappointed to read that you felt our hotel was average. I grew up in Saratoga so I regret we didn't have an opportunity to meet during your stay. Rest assured we can add the infused water to the lobby. We offered the flavored water previously similar to other Marriott properties. It will be my pleasure to put this amenity back in place knowing the guests look forward to it. I hope you will give us another chance when you visit Miami. If you contact me directly I will make sure your next visit is memorable. Thank you!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is conveniently located near the beach, shopping center and restaurants. There are also several night clubs around it.

The room is pretty basic. I booked this hotel specially for the location and I knew it was a courtyard but not a Marriott so I didn't expect too much for the amenities.

Overall it was a good stay. I think there might be some noise facing the front side of the hotel because it is a busy street and there are some night clubs near by. I got a room facing the back side so I didn't hear any noise at night.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Jon W.,

Thank you for staying and we're pleased your stay was problem free. We hope to see you again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel was okay. Nothing special. Pictures looks better than the reality. Power plugs weren't working properly. Bath tub wouldn't drain. Remote control for the TV was hard to use.
I like Marriott brand but this hotel not so much. Giving 3 stars because the service was good.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Bobby S.,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. I'm very sorry to hear that you had issues with the remote, the tub drain and the power plugs in your room. We will inspect all rooms to ensure this is an isolated problem and correct the issue. I'm pleased to hear that you received good service and I hope you will reconsider giving us another opportunity in the future. I would be happy to book your reservation and ensure you receive five star service and a problem free stay.

Regards,
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I enjoyed our short stay in South Beach. Made a little nicer with the rooftop pool at the hotel. Beach is only a couple blocks away and you are also a couple blocks away from the Ocean drive nightlife noise. Joe at the front desk was very nice and helpful, when we arrived early, let us use the pool and bathrooms before we could check in.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Ed123456,

Thank you for staying and I'm happy to hear that Joe took great care of you. I will make sure he is recognized for that!

Nanyce
Seekonk, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Since this is Miami Beach, you need to get over the price. Nothing is inexpensive here, no 'good value for the money'. Once over that, the physical building is an average hotel, and a below average Courtyard. I expected something better, but as many of the hotels in this area are old physical structures that have been updated, but not fully renovated. Check in was easy and Amin made sure I had everything I needed. The lobby is pleasant and offers some loaner books to read. They also have a convenient 'snack store' with an assortment of snacks and beverages. What it has is a very good location- the beach is a block away and trendy shopping two blocks away.
My room was large enough, but the carpet was dated, and the windows perhaps from the '60s. The room faced the backside, which gave no good view, but was quiet, even on the weekend. The room has a new flat screen with a very good picture, wi-fi was somewhat spotty, always a pain. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The A/C is central which makes it quiet, great for sleeping. There is a Bistro off the lobby serving food and drinks, which was not used. Hotel has a roof top pool, which is small, but offers a good view of the neighborhood. Over the weekend pool towels were not replenished.
Elevators are often slow to arrive.
For parking, valet parking is available for $38 or you can park at parking garage 4, (across the street towards Loew's hotel on Collins) is $16 for the day, which worked well and less expensive than others. Within two blocks are CVS and Walgreens. The CVS has a great food/ wine section so it is great for snacks. There are also plenty of small restaurants in the area, burgers, pizza, sandwiches. Italian gelato is 2-3 doors down with reasonably priced homemade lasagna.
The staff is quick to offer help and appear to be sincere. Beach is a block away with the public access just south of Loew's hotel.

Room Tip: Room 508 was quiet (rear of hotel) and had mini fridge
Green Features: Did not see any active recycling. Shower valve flow is fully variable.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Jodnay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach with us. We will make sure Amin is commended for his top notch service at check-in. We're glad you enjoyed the library option in our lobby. We are centrally located on south beach which gives a limited view from the room, but very convenient to walk to the beach and see it up close and personal. It seems that overall the other areas of the hotel suited your needs. We do offer recycling options in our hotel and we also participate with Clean the World Foundation where our used soap, shampoo, and conditioners are recycled at their facility to help save lives of the less fortunate. You can read more about them at cleantheworld.org. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Nanyce
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently stayed with a couple of girlfriends at tgis location. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.The hotel was closed to Lincoln road a 2 blocks from the busy Iceandrive. Also several restaurants were near this hotel. I'm planning another trip next year and we will definitely stay again. Also the staff was very catering to our needs for the 3 days.

Shelra

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you Shelra M. - we appreciate your business and the kind words. I'm very happy the location suited your needs. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Regards,
Nanyce L.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!