“Great Location (but that's about it)” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #76 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great Location (but that's about it)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has a fantastic location right on Washington near the heart of South Beach, and it is priced accordingly. However, the value for the dollar spent is not there.

To start, there is a nightclub next door with patrons that spill over into the entrance of the hotel. And, the room I received was small, dark, and faced an alley. An alley view as an Elite member -- that was surprising.

I headed out to enjoy Miami Beach for the evening and returned around 3am. There were people being very loud in the hallway; they obviously were intoxicated and apparently did not want the party to end. I continued to hear them up and down the hallway for quite a while before they finally settled down, passed out, or went to bed.

Having stayed at dozens of Courtyards, I can say this was definitely on the lower in my list of favorites as it was missing those little special Marriott touches.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Varner S.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete and post and share your experience with the Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach. You indicated in your comment that the location of your room was unsatisfactory. I can assure you that we did not purposely give you an undesirable view. We are located in the city center of south beach. We have found that our rooms facing the back of the hotel are very quiet. Additionally, we do have security on site during the overnight shift completing rounds and they do a great job of mitigating hallway noise when they are aware of it.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Nanyce L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am currently staying here and I love it! I came here with my family the room we have has two double beds with a sofa bed. The room is a great size, the bathroom is a little small but no big deal. I asked the front desk for a refrigerator. By the time I arrived to my room a very nice gentleman was knocking on the door with my fridge and extra towels. I will definitely return again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Felicia F.,

Thank you so much for the compliments to our hotel and staff. We really appreciate your business and the feedback!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The staff is nice enough, but I have never stayed in a noisier, rowdy hotel. There is a nightclub next door so when you check in, you cant even hear the person at reception over the noise. It seems that the hotel is full of party-ers as well. There were clearly drunken people wandering about the lobby, and the people in the room next door are having their own en suite party. I don't feel completely safe here. Perhaps things will settle down in the morning. I am usually loyal to the Marriott brand, but am definitely disappointed.

• Stayed September 2014
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Kfitz249,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us and I would like to apologize for the noise issues you experienced at check in and in your room. We do not tolerate noise within the hotel and we do have security that works overnight to handle any issues guest have regarding noise from other guests. Although our hotel is in a fantastic location in South Beach, the surrounding area is very safe and I apologize that you did not feel this way. I do hope that your experience the next morning was to your satisfaction and if you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel to speak with me at any time. We appreciate your loyalty and I hope that you will choose to stay at our location on your next trip to Miami Beach.

Jax, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent a night there to visit South Beach on a recent business/ vacation trip around the state. Picked this Marriott property as my husband is a Platinum -for -life member, and has happily stayed in all types of Marriott's, over the years.

Location was only a few blocks from the main area we wanted to see and walking around was no problem.

We were surprised by some of the local businesses within a couple blocks, right along with some cute cafés and shops.
Didn't love that directly across the street was a theater advertising " fully nude shows." Within a couple blocks we counted half a dozen tattoo shops . Guess we weren't hip enough for South Beach, (though we did enjoy walking around by the beach and stopped for drinks , while we did some people watching.

The staff were all pleasant and helpful. No complaints at all. Fitness center was very small, but there was one, along with a laundry room if needed, and a rooftop pool that was very nice.

Our room faced a building and line of trees. Only ice machine was on the bottom floor, so a bit inconvenient, but fine for one night we stayed.

• Stayed September 2014
Dear Brewer4,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent trip to our hotel and South Beach. We appreciate your loyalty towards Marriott and being a Platinum Member as well. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will choose our hotel in the future on your next travels back to South Beach.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here at the last minute as our accommodation fell through. The staff were amazing and accommodated our special needs. The location is perfect. A couple of blocks to Lincoln Rd Mall with shops, restaurants and great to people watch. Many buses nearby for public transport to Downtown Miami and Miami Beaches and up to Aventura. Airport Express bus stops two blocks away. The rooms were very clean and spacious for three people. We had an issue on our last night with rowdy people next door and the hotel handled it efficiently, and promptly called the Miami Beach police to remove the people. This is not the hotel's fault. Well down....You have convinced me to be loyal to the Marriott name.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear USKiwi79,

I am so happy that you had a great time while staying at our hotel! I am so sorry that you experienced a noise issue on your last night but I am glad that our staff was able to handle this issue for you. I'm also glad that you enjoyed your time in South Beach and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first visit to South Beach and we loved it! The location was great near everything and great restaurants all around, the lobby and rooftop was awesome! The room very spacious and clean! But the best part was the staff! Camille & Raffi were very nice and recommended a great restaurant for our anniversary! The staff gave us a bottle of wine and the staff signed a card for our anniversary. Now this was not the most fabulous hotel we had ever stayed in, BUT for the money and location, it definitely was worthwhile. I will definetly be going back!! Thanks Courtyard for making our 46th wedding anniversary a great experience!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Unice R,

Again, Happy Anniversary! We were so pleased to learn that you were spending that special time with us. We're excited that your first trip to South Beach was a memorable one. We definitely look forward to your return and thank you for the kind words. I have also recognized Raffi & Camille for their job well done. Thank you again.

Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had to quickly book a one-night stay here after a delayed flight and both JOE and RAFFI were terrific! They booked our room, worked hard to get us in early, and recognized our Gold elite status....all with a smile! Hotel is 2 blocks from the beach and the renovated rooms match the standard Courtyard décor. Rooftop pool was nice. Lobby very nicely done in Art Deco style.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear IrishFan80,

Thank you for stopping by and giving us an opportunity. I know you didn't stay very long, but we hope you'll visit again in the future and stay a while. I will make sure to recognize Joe & Raffi for an outstanding job.

Thank you again!

Nanyce L.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!