“Tucked in on the Ocean near the boardwalk” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #77 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tallahassee, Florida
“Tucked in on the Ocean near the boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Coming to a retirement celebration and needed to be considerate of cost. The Cadillac is lovely and quite surprising when you walk in. The lobby is very large and set up for games (world soccer going on now). The pools are divided so the kids have a loud play area and the quiet folks can enjoy a peaceful nap. Cute little tiki hut where I had fish sandwich for dinner. It was supposed to be a lovely sunny night, but wind howled and rain came and went. The board walk along the beach is very accessible from the hotel and the beach is too. The room is pretty standard but has a lovely balcony to watch the moon shimmer on the water. enjoy#cadillacmariott

Room Tip: higher up, farther you see
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Peggy B,

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate the compliment. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

After considering many options, we chose to stay at this property based on location and value. Really glad we did! It is so convenient to walk to Lincoln Road Mall and the many great restaurants and shopping there, plus it's convenient to walk to the beach from here as well! The rooftop pool is lovely, a pleasant and quiet respite from the crowds of South Beach! The hotel itself is nicely styled, with a comfortable lobby/lounge area, and a walk-up counter (bistro) for food and drinks. The fitness center is satisfactory and the front desk staff and valet service are friendly and efficient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Edam4,

Thank you for your comments and I am very happy that you were glad to stay at our property. It's great that you enjoyed yourself at our rooftop pool and were able to see the beautiful views of South Beach. Thank you again for the great comments and we hope to see you in the future.

Wesley Chatellier
Operations Manager
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

A well positioned hotel for exploring South Beach. The staff and service levels are excellent, the hotel also has the benefit of a roof top pool with towels supplied although there were no towels available at the weekend. The Rooms are well equipped and the beds I found comfortable although the decor could do with an update. I did not like the Bistro type catering but that may be down to the limited space they have available. As far as I aware none of the rooms have a balcony which is a shame. A nice hotel and I would stay here again if I came back to Miami.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear thecanveyislander,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially that our staff and service was to the level that Marriott is known for.

How wonderful that you enjoyed the roof top pool and I apologize that there weren’t enough towels at the pool on the weekend.

Hope to see you again very soon!

Warm regards,
Gertie
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Strike 1: Got into bed, felt something odd on my leg, and found a spoon in the bed!
Strike 2: The shower was nice and forceful but the tub did not drain well. I hate to be up to my ankles in shower water!
Strike 3: Found a disgusting hair on my bath towel when I took if off the rack.
The good and the bad: The only good thing was that the air conditioner made the room cold. But the bed was so lumpy and uncomfortable that I didn't sleep well even in a cold room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TheGoBird,

We appreciate the time you took to make us aware of the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us. Your feedback is very valuable. It is unbelievable that something like this would happen in our hotel as the cleanliness of our rooms is one of our highest priorities. Please contact us so that we can discuss your experience further.

Warm regards,
Gertie
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed here to celebrate my 40th Birthday and we had an awesome stay. The front desk staff (Raffi, Camille, and Kami) was AWESOME!!!! Leo in the bar area was just as awesome! Anything we needed it took no more than 10 minutes to get. They only issue we had was the mattress on the pull was old and had a dent it was replaced the next day. The noise level was not too bad except when some rooms got a bit rowdy. We called to front and they handled it in no time. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms were cleaned and the hallway smelled good (not often you find that in any hotel). The pool area was clean and nice. I loved the view! The location was great we were close to everything and what wasn’t close was just a quick taxi away. Thank you to the Marriott Courtyard South Beach for making my 40th birthday a blast!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear mlindsey5,

Happy belated birthday! We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your celebration. I'm very happy to hear that the staffs in all areas were helpful throughout your stay. Thank you for the feedback regarding the sofa bed. We are always disappointed when a guest experiences an issue, but thankful we were able to resolve in a timely manner. Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we will definitely look forward to your return.

Best,
Nanyce Lanier
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's right on the beach. What more do u want. It's beautiful. The pool is great and they have a bar right in that same area. We loved it here and would definitely stay here again. Also the staff are always very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear AMS918,

Thank you so much, we love guests like you! We hope you will visit again in the future.
Vallejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This review is simply for Catalina at the front desk. She was absolutely wonderful, and very helpful. I checked in 5/18 for a couple nights and she was the highlight of my stay there with her courteosy, friendliness, and assistance. Although the room wasn't ready when i checked in, she offered me a drink to keep hydrated in that warm weather, as well as friendly conversation. I didnt get to say goodbye to her as i would've liked but, Thank you Catalina for making my experience more memorable ;) - Robert

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Robert,

She is pretty amazing and thank you for recognizing her. I will make sure that we post your compliment where all her peers can see it. Thank you for staying with us and I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Best,
Nanyce Lanier

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!