“Comfortable place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Florida
“Comfortable place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is not the Ritz. However, it's comfortable, clean and convienent. It's close to everything in SOBE and has a nice little cafe near the elevators. Also, it is one of a few hotels in Miami Beach that offers 2 queen beds. The rooftop pool is quite nice too. Certainly worth a look.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear KPduties,

I am very happy to hear that you were comfortable and we appreciate the recommendation. Thank you for staying with us!

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The South Beach is located in the best part of South Beach - incredible restaurants, street life and beautiful beaches. I was eager to rest up after taking care of my two year old granddaughter for a week and with the sweet, efficient assistance of the staff, especially Catherine, the pool girl, I felt pampered and well taken care of. She made sure we had chaises with umbrellas and even called my room when I was waiting. Thanks, Catherine, and to the wonderful food servers at the pool-side cafe.

Room Tip: Construction on street side will be adding to the noise, though we loved the city views.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Patti F. ,

I'm so happy to read that you were able to relax and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel is located in the middle of South Beach. It's two blocks from the beach, and two blocks from Lincoln Rd Mall. The rooms need to be renovated, but the lobby is very nice and modern. It always smells so good. The staff was always so helpful. Stephanie that works overnight was always so welcoming and had great dining recommendations. Joe that works in the morning was very helpful with allowing me to check in early. Overall I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you Jessanne- I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard recently, for 3 nights. Checked in, went to my room, and lo and behold, interrupted a nice couple in the middle of getting to know each other better. BAD START. Went back down to the front desk, informed the non-plussed agent, got no apology, and a new key for another room. Got to my new room, mercilessly unoccupied, and settled in. Room was ok, had a view of a brick wall and the AC units, and the bathroom was from about 1995. My group had 2 days of meetings in their "boardroom", which should be re-christened the "boardcloset". Word to the wise using this hotel for business meetings - if you are more than 12 in your group, go elsewhere.
Location was good, valet parking was reasonable and they got the car to me reasonably quick. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or eat in the café so can't comment on those.
Solid, decent hotel, but bottom line - not worth the $275/night rate - not even close.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear JEDWARDRAZA,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for an occupied room being issued at check-in. That is definitely uncomfortable for all parties involved and a mistake on our part. Additionally, the lack of empathy that you received is unacceptable; please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. Additionally, I apologize that the view from your room was less than satisfactory and the meeting space wasn't comfortable. We pride ourselves on being a business and leisure hotel and we definitely want guests to continue to visit our property to conduct business and kick back. Please know that our hotel has great value and these issues are not representative of our product. If you would like to discuss you experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at 305-604-8887,

Kind regards,
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

for $300 a night I expect more. From a Courtyard by Marriott I expect more. They only have one person on check in at most times. There is almost always a line to get your car. The rooms are ok, but if you want a view go somewhere else. If you're lucky you get a view of an apartment complex, if you're unlucky like me your view is of air conditioning units and a gravel roof (South Beach!!!) The hotel elevator is broken, and based on previous reviews it has been for at least two weeks. The gym is small with out dated equipment. I wouldn't come back. I wouldn't tell anyone to stay here. In fact I would do the opposite.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front or back are best.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Chayler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach.

You indicated in your response that the overall value was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Additionally have experienced ongoing issues with our elevator, but we have worked diligently with the vendor to have the issue corrected.

You’re a valued guest and everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed the night before our cruise. They were able to check us in at 11:00 so we got to spend all afternoon by the pool rather than waiting for 3 o'clock checkin.
Money saving The market across the street has huge breakfast sandwiches. Very hot and fresh.
Transportation tip
We flew into Fort Lauderdale because tickets were 1/2 the price. Rented a car from Hertz and dropped off at the Fountainbleu. A short walk to the Marriott. Slightly more expensive than a shuttle but we did some sightseeing so it was worth it for us.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ruffle57,

Thank you for staying with us prior to your cruise. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Spent 3 days here prior to cruise and although the location was acceptable the hotel was basic and lacked any kind of atmosphere due to the real lack of a bar/dining room/lounge . These were combined into an area off the lobby and couldn't be described as a lounge/dining area or bar as it fell short on all counts and after 9.30 in the morning no breakfast. Don't expect crockery or cutlery everything is disposable. Staff under pressure at breakfast as girl taking orders then had to disappear to get coffee/cooked food etc. Rooms were again basic and ours at the rear faced a brick wall. Pool area on the roof was good location but little used during our stay, if you wanted a drink or food there you had to take it up with you. Staff were in general friendly but it lacked the "Marriott" feel. Would only stay again if it was an overnighter felt like a bed factory "get em in and out" no frills, no fuss but unfortunately we paid the price of a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of hotel are quieter but have no view other than the buildings behind.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear retired,

I was disappointed to read your comments, but we definitely appreciate the feedback. Reading that the hotel didn't have an atmosphere and the staff didn't offer the same Marriott quality that you expect is disheartening. I am extremely apologetic that we didn't meet your needs during your stay. We do offer cutlery at the hotel and the disposal ware is for items to go only. I apologize if that wasn't the case during your dining experience. Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you will continue to choose Marriott when you travel.

Nanyce Lanier

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!