“Great location - great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20% This Summer!
Ranked #73 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Shingle Springs, California, United States
“Great location - great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My only complaint was the advertised-quoted pricing of Hotels Rooms. Not just this hotel but all hotel chains. They quote you the price of the room but none of the other items you will be charged for. Every city-county-state has different taxes associated with the Hotel Room rate. They vary widely from place to place. In some cases, I have paid $100 more in taxes for a $400 a night room. If I had known how much extra I would be paying I would have looked at a $300 a night room. In one instance there was a "resort fee" of $25 added to the bill. It covered all the things you expect to get with the purchase of a room for a night: shampoo, pillows, etc etc. I feel it is disingenuous of ALL the Hotel Chains not to follow the lead of the Airlines that are now forced to quote the complete cost of renting a room.

Room Tip: They add for parking so make arrangements.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Douie,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall at the hotel. Thank you for the staff recognition. I just wanted to confirm that the only charges you were concerned about at our hotel in particular were the taxes and the valet? We definitely do not have a resort fee at our hotel and we offer complimentary Wi-Fi and additional amenities that the guest is not responsible for. I do understand your concern about the industry charges overall and I can assure you that Marriott is not a company that nickels and dimes their customers. I hope you will continue to choose Marriott when you travel.

Nanyce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

5-10 mins walking distance to beach. Very close to Lincoln mall, espanzola and where the crowd is. Not for visit with young kids but will be great for adults as neighborhood is very adult oriented.
HIV test van on every 4th block and strip joint is just across the street and erotic museum just down the street. Great to walk on the beach, Lincoln mall but to dip in the water may be better off at the ocean front locations further north or south.
We're there between x'mas and new year 2013 and very crowded there as avg restaurant wait time is 2 hrs on Lincoln mall. So my opinion may be skewed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Hkhine,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was surprised to read that you didn't feel we were an ideal location for access to the beach. Although we are not located on Ocean Drive it is very easy to access the beach from our hotel. I apologize if you were inconvenienced during your stay. Also, I'm not sure about the vans on the corners. There is a possibility that the city of Miami Beach was hosting an awareness drive, but that isn't common to see the vans you described on a regular basis. Additionally, the entertainment club across the street from us is closed until further notice. We thank you again for your comments and I hope this helps with some the concerns you mentioned.

Dresher, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed four nights at this hotel during the busy Christmas holiday week. The hotel’s front desk was well-staffed throughout the entire stay. As most other reviewers mentioned, the location is excellent, except that it is not on the beach block. However, the nearby beachfront hotels are significantly more expensive. We only needed to get in our car twice in the four days. We parked in a city parking lot that is diagonally across the street from the hotel and very convenient to access. The city parking lot was significantly less expensive than valet parking, even on the days that we entered and exited the parking lot more than once. We would have made better use of the attractive rooftop pool if the weather was nicer. Wireless internet service and the hotel lobby computers worked great which was a big plus since I had to take care of a few business matters during my stay. There were lots of families staying at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear CAJ45,

I love to read post like yours. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with your family and found your way around the area. I'm equally pleased to hear that our staff was helpful. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us in the future.

Sayville, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed at the hotel Christmas night 2013. Was very expensive for what it was, Yes the room was large and the pool was nice, but for $300 plus for the night with parking, I would have like more than a Bistro breakfast, someone to help with the bags. Yes, there were Bellman, but they were also Valets, so I would have had to wait a long time for bag service. The location is pretty far from the beach as well.

Dear Scott S,

It seems that overall you enjoyed your stay with. I apologize that you didn't see the value with the hotel. We are conveniently located to everything that Miami Beach has to offer. Our rates are very competitive in the market, but the rates tend to increase for beach hotels. I would love to hear more about your breakfast experience. I wasn't sure which part of the breakfast you did not like. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope to hear from you.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is well located. Walking distance to the beach and ocean drive! Beach was aswesome when I went! Super hot on September 30th.
Lots of restaurants and place to get a drink on Ocean drive or Collins Avenue...Really nice area,
There are 2 great little restaurants in front of the hotel: 1 Mexican and 1 Cuban food. Not expensive and good food.
The Staff is super nice and the pool was amazing, specially because it was super hot. Nice View of Miami! Location is good, 15-20 minutes from Airport, 10 minutes from the Cruise boats!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear dannyborja,

I really appreciate your comments. I am so happy to hear that everything was pleasant during your stay. I hope you will viisit again in the future!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This location is nearby to Lincoln rd for shopping and dining. The beach is about 4 blocks away. You do not have a beach view. But it is not far at all. The room I stayed in was so big, The bathroom sink area was also a plus. I was really happy with this hotel. Raffi the front desk guy was nice and quick at check in. I would like to return one day

Dear SillygirlP,

Thank you so much for the comments, great to hear. I will also make sure Raffi is recognized for making your stay enjoyable. Thanks again!

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights a family of 5 the room was very comfortable and largeThe hotel is located in a very convenient place it is close to shopping ,to the beach everything within walking distance
The hotel pool is on the roof very nice and a great view the children enjoyed it
The staff was very nice and friendly
The fitness room is small and if you are looking to keep in shape there aren't enough machines...
Parking is expensive
Overall experience was good

Dear omytom,

Thank you for staying with us. Please note we partner with a local gym in the area where they have ample equipment to allow you to maintain your workout regimen. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Miami Beach. Thank you!

Nanyce

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!