“Good Option for South Beach” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Myers, Florida
“Good Option for South Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here in August for only one night. Paid around thirty dollars for valet parking with tax. There might be cheaper parking options around but didn't check. Lots of places to eat around and tons of shopping within walking distance. Stayed here because of its location within walking distance to the Jackie Gleason theater for a show I was attending. The hotel was being remodeled and the lobby where you check in was tiny. Could be a problem if many people are checking in at one time. I don't know when remodeling will be done but I didn't really have a problem with it.
All staff that I dealt with were nice and I had no issues. The room was clean and perfect for a quick one night stay. Not a fan of South Beach but wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Plutop82,

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. We do provide similar amenities to other Courtyard properties within the company. Were there any particular items that you required in the guestroom that you did not find? I would love to hear more about your experience to ensure another guest doesn't leave feeling underwhelmed. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss further. Thank you again.

Nanyce Lanier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Liversedge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A friend and I spent a week in the Courtyard and despite the room being in need of some tlc I had no complaints. I would describe the room as fairly basic with no frills or luxuries but of a good size and with a comfortable bed. I can't fault the service and the free wifi was a nice bonus. I have stayed in better Courtyard's but that doesn't mean I wouldn't stay here again.
Washington Avenue runs parallel to Ocean Drive and within 2 minutes you can be strolling down the famous strip of Art Deco hotels. There are a number of restaurants and takeaways within a few minutes walk and if you are not looking to stay right on Ocean Drive I don't think you can go far wrong. There is a nice rooftop pool and sun loungers should you not want to hit the beach (can't understand why though).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Plutop82,

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I just spent five nights at this hotel and we were a bit unsure of what to expect based on the reviews. Happy to say that our stay far exceeded our expectations. First off, the customer service was outstanding. Every employee we met was gracious, professional and always smiling. We got great recommendations on places to dine (Oh Mexico, Sibilla, Books and Books, Nexxt, Yard Bird) from the front desk every time we asked and they were at all price points. The hotel is very clean and our room was spotless. The lobby renovation was just ending and it looks great. The rooftop pool was small, but clean and very refreshing offering ample seats in both the sun and shade. The location can not be beat as it is 2-3 blocks to the beach, Lincoln Road, Espanola Way, and Collins Ave. We will definitely return and look forward to it.

Room Tip: Room 507 is a corner room and it was quiet and easy to access to rooftop pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James M,

Thank you for the great comments regarding our hotel and staff. We are always pleased to hear that we exceeded expectations. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on 9/18 - 9/20 for business. Top floor, king size bed. No closet, they have an armoire. No rack in the room for a suit case. Bathroom decent. It is a standard room that is good for sleeping. Air conditioning works great! Free wifi which is nice. LG flat screen, 37". adequate desk space and power. Close to Lincoln Ave and to Espanola Way - within 2 blocks of each. These are promenade streets with lots of restaurants and shops. Washington ave is kind of seedy though. The hotel is right across from an all nude strip club which is very seedy looking.

During my stay, they were renovating the lobby. I would estimate construction to complete by October but would call to check. Once complete, I bet the lobby will look nice. Valet parking here, but 28 bucks per night for it. Hotel is decent for the price, but I wouldn't be rushing back to stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pat1111,

I am happy to hear that the location of the hotel met your needs and overall your stay was pleasant. We do have luggage racks available for our guestrooms, I apologize that you did not have one upon arrival. We have completed our lobby renovation and it looks fantastic. I hope you will reconsider rushing back because we would love the opportunity to keep you as a customer. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This place rocked! Now, to say this, and be writing this, while they're under renovation in the lobby area is nothing short of WOW! The service at this Courtyard is impeccable. Great greeting and service from the front desk staff. Very accommodating and made light of the renovation by deflecting my attention to the vision for the "new" lobby which I heard "...it's going to be great and spacious.." WOW! That the whole team is on one accord with the vision is impressive.

Now, location. They are in the heart of the hip South Beach area. Lots of local restaurants - some indigenous to the culture of the area - some chains. But great mix and a LOT of variety. Everything you can imagine in cuisine is there. They're also walking distance to where you "...can see the stars and elitists..." walking down Collins Avenue just a block away.

The room decor and feel is warm and inviting. AC is spot on - great on those really humid days as I experienced. Their rooftop pool offers a great view of an awesome sunset with no other buildings to block the experience.

All in all you'll get a great value (rooms are mid-priced, at least at the time I stayed here), and return on your investment. STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Book online for the best deals through marriott.com. If you have the AAA card, even better!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Burt B,

Thank you so much for the fabulous compliment! We really appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us. We are very excited about our upcoming finished product and we've done our best to make sure we minimized impact to our guests. The fact that you recognized our efforts really means a lot. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel your met your needs. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Best regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 3nights and the hotel and staff were amazing. We were a little shocked about all of the construction going on but I already knew it was in progress. The rooms were large and very clean. The rooftop pool was the best, especially in the evening, very relaxing. We had to change rooms due to some guest that were a bit too loud for us and Juliana had no problem accommodating us. Joe, Britney and Emilio all made us feel at home. Will definitely return to see the new lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear dejarenee64,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm excited to read that you plan on returning and also that you enjoyed your stay despite the lobby renovation. I really appreciate your feedback and thank you for personally recognizing our associates. They are always so proud to see their name mentioned in a positive way so I really appreciate that. Thank you again for choosing us.

Best regards,
Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in August. Joe at the front desk was very helpful and very accommidating.
The view from our room was not very good but we spent very little time there other than sleeping.
Room was very clean and comfortable and I loved the stair access as we stayed on the first floor.
The rooftop pool was very immpressive.
Really enjoyed my stay there and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Novamitch,

Thank you for the compliment to our staff, location, and hotel. I'm extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and plan on returning. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your experience. Many thanks again for staying, I appreciate your business!

Nanyce

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!