“Great location and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“Great location and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed her for a 4 day stopover in Miami South Beach. The location is super, a short walk to the beach and nearby shopping and restaurant areas. The decor is standard and slightly dated but it is clean and really good value. Staff were welcoming, friendly, helpful and interested, way more so than you would expect for a chain hotel. Breakfast which was included was more than adequate. Pool on the roof was very welcome after a days sightseeing. There is a city bike stop nearby for exploring south beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear MaryandJeff,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Miami. It sounds like you enjoyed your time with your family and we're happy to hear that. We're glad you enjoyed the pool and our staff was accommodating. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again in the future!

All the best,
Nanyce Lanier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel! The lobby was under construction, but we were aware of that and this did not negatively impact our stay. In fact, it seemed that the staff went out of their way to create such a friendly environment that it made up for the lack of a lobby. They offered the ability to have breakfast brought to your room to make up for the lack of breakfast in the lobby, but we left early for a fishing trip and did not take advantage of this. We had only booked our room for one night, but we enjoyed the room size and the location so much we tried to extend our stay. Unfortunately the hotel was full.

The location is amazing. Walking distance from the beach and the great South Beach ambiance, as well as Lincoln Road and Espanola Way ( a beautiful street lined with Latin restaurants where we chose to eat dinner. Awesome!) There was an adult club across the street which scared me when we first arrived, but we never felt like the area was unsafe or inappropriate for our kids. We stayed during the week, so not sure what it would be like during a weekend stay.

Overall we found this hotel to be a great place if you are visiting South Beach and want to have easy access to the area attractions. The pool deck was beautiful, but we were so busy visiting area locations that we ran out of time to use it! Went up there at night and enjoyed the views, however.

Great hotel. We will be back. Can't wait to see the new lobby!

• Stayed July 2013
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear LadyBlue67,

We can't thank you enough for taking the time review our hotel. Thank you very much for the wonderful comments and the details around your experience. We're always happy to read that we exceeded the expectation and that you plan on returning. Many thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Deerfield Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Not a nice hotel. They are doing construction so there wasn't a real lobby area. Not a big deal and this was mentioned on website. However, there was no mention about breakfast buffet not being available due to construction. Very disappointing since this was one of reasons I booked hotel. Rooms were very old. Mattress/pillows felt like mush! Towels were hard. Coffee in room, but no sweetener or cream. No sitting area in room. Pool area was nice, but only one elevator to get there. Those towels were also hard and the size of a hand towel! DO NOT BELIEVE PICTURES ON WEBSITE. They are VERY deceiving...

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Marjoriet,

We have started our lobby renovation at the hotel. I do appreciate you acknowledging that we communicated the construction prior to your arrival. We have definitely made our best effort to keep our guests comfortable during this time. We have provided additional seating in the front exterior building and our rooms and pool area are not impacted during this time. We are still offering the same items for breakfast that were available on the buffet at a reduced price. We also will deliver the breakfast to your room during the renovation, which we hoped was an added perk. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with this option. I am surprised to hear that the mattress was not comfortable. We replaced all of our mattresses in December of 2012. Additionally, we have upgraded the terry in the rooms to a thicker and softer quality. Our guest rooms and pool area website photos are representative of the hotel. I apologize that you felt deceived when you arrived. We are obviously disappointed that you left our hotel unhappy, but I do appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us.

Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at Courtyard Miami and I was happy with my selection again. The hotel is perfectly located so it takes few minutes to go the beach, clubs and just hang around for shopping. The rooms are spacious, staff is very helpful so there is everything you need to enjoy your stay in the Miami South Beach. I would recommend this hotel to all!

Room Tip: I always go for higher floors to avoid the noice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Emil R,

Thank you for staying with us again. I'm very happy that we met your expectations for your second trip. Thank you for the compliments and the recommendation and I hope you will continue to choose our hotel when you travel to Miami Beach.

Kind regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great central location, with awesome staff members! We stayed here on our very first trip to Miami and were pleased. The staff was friendly and we were able to check in before the standard check in time. During the course of our stay, a young lady named Carolina was very helpful and friendly. The doormen opened the door upon our return for daily outings and the housekeeping staff was accommodating. The room was clean and cozy. My only regret is that there was no hot tub. But the pool stayed open til midnight. It's hotel is great if you want a central location, close to Lincoln Rd, News Cafe, the Collins Ave shops and more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Niki M.

I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to Miami. Carolina is fantastic, we are very lucky to have her. Thank you for all the compliments to the staff. I am also happy to hear that the room was clean and cozy because that is definitely the goal. I really appreciate your business and the time you took to leave a positive review. Thank you again and we hope you'll visit in the future.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you have any questions about staying here, look no further. This hotel is clean, has friendly staff, and is in a great South Beach location. Now, for the details... We used to live in South Beach, so we are very familiar with the area. We were planning to stay at the Eden Roc, but we received an email about three weeks before our visit, that it would not be a Marriott property by the time we arrived. As such, I was so lucky to find this hotel. I got a regular rate, but it was very decent for the area. Check-in was super easy, no wait, and Eddie was so nice! Again, as a former resident, I know that South Beach hotel staff are not always the friendliest, but Eddie was professional and was always smiling! My elementary age son still talks about how nice the hotel smelled. It was very clean. There are two small elevators, and waiting for one is only an issue when you want to go to the rooftop pool since only one of the elevators goes there. I noticed some architects with blue prints, so I think the hotel is due for a renovation. Our room was spacious for South Beach standards, and again very clean. I'm glad there will be a renovation, as some of the fixtures were a bit worn, but nothing terrible. From the fourth floor, our view overlooked rooftops, and we could see the "clock tower." The toiletries included Paul Mitchell shampoo, conditioner, and two soaps. The only noise we heard in our room were some kids running in the hall upstairs, but it was infrequent and didn't bother us at all. The rooftop pool was lovely! Pool towels were provided, and the pool and deck were clean. You can see the ocean from the pool, and the views of South Beach were wonderful! We especially enjoyed the pool in the evenings. Oh, the hotel played nice music at the pool too! The ice machine is on the main floor along with laundry facilities (I didn't use the washing machine/dryers, so I can't comment). Others have mentioned the location. Yes, Club Madonna is across the street, and there is a club next door. We stayed during the week, but neither of these clubs bothered us. The area is safe and as a mother of a young child, I never felt unsafe. Valet parking is $28 per day, and the valet staff is great. They are friendly and fast! (Thanks, Waldo!). We did not eat at the breakfast in the lobby, but it always smelled good! There are lots of great restaurants in walking distance. Lincoln Road is one block away… many good choices there! I love Balans which is farther down closer to Alton Road. Also, I highly recommend La Provence (French Bakery) to pick up a quiche on your way to the beach. Public beach access is an easy three block walk. You go right by a Walgreens on your way. I rented a chair and umbrella for $36 on the beach. If you’re still reading this, you know I liked this hotel! The hotel is safe, clean, with friendly staff and within walking distance of everything you need in South Beach! This highly picky mother plans to stay here again during our next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Sobe0206,

WOW! Thank you very much. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to read your comments. Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to write such a detailed positive review. You are definitely the type of guest that makes our job very enjoyable. Thank you again on behalf of our entire team. We look forward to your return in the future.

Best regards,
Cleveland, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The last time we stayed here, we had a terrific stay. This time, unfortunately, we were not so lucky. The hotel was packed and unbelievably loud. After the first night, they moved our room but it never got any better. Other guests were partying and yelling in the halls all night. We would keep calling down to the desk. They would come up and people would quiet down for a minute or two. After that, it would start up again. We couldn't wait to leave. We continued to complain but the manager said that he had no authority to do anything. Very disappointing because we really like the location but we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear BeachLover36,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. I am even more disappointed that the issue was not corrected prior to your departure. I can assure you that unfortunately the issue was not handled by a manger. Any one of us would have removed the guest after the warning was not adhered to. I am very sorry for our mishandling of this situation and to hear you couldn't wait to leave. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you, please call me directly at the hotel to discuss.

Nanyce Lanier

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!