“Except for construction going on all week, the staff were fabulous and the location perfect.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #77 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I spent 7 days here recently. Having never been to Miami Beach I found this hotel very nice. The staff were outstanding and very friendly. The only downfall was continuing noise from construction. I went to the beach instead of pool and solved the noise issue! Loved the beautiful big beach. I could watch the ships leaving port for cruises after dinner every day, quite a nice relaxing location.

• Stayed January 2013
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your understanding with any noise interruptions. We're happy to hear that overall you really enjoyed your stay. I hope you will visit us again in the future. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We spent two nights at this location, January 6 - 8, 2013. I had a party of 4, two adults and two older teenagers.

Valet: No problems: Very quick

Check in: The check in went very well and efficient. I had walked over early in the morning and they took my name and number and were to call me when the room was ready. However, I never did get a phone call. This really was not a problem as we just stayed on the beach. I was more just disappointed they did not follow through.

Room: This location has Queen beds (not doubles) and it does make a big difference. The room also has a pull out sofa bed. (That matress was not comfortable and should be replaced). I thought the room is more than adequate and plenty of room. The furnishings seemed dated, but still functional

The hidden gem is the ROOFTOP POOL. We took breafast up to the cabana on the rooftop and enjoyed each morning.

Location: Perfect off beach location, but within blocks of the ocean, great restaurants and shopping. We were not effected by the noise at the club next door, but that could have been because we were exhausted each day. We were also not bothered by the club across the street.

Take time to walk around the block at the hotel and get your bearings. GREAT off beach location and we would return.

One last item is that the staff could not have been more couteous and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor room (top floor)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing us during your travels to Miami Beach! We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooftop pool and that the staff met your expectations. Please accept our apologies that you did not receive a call back for your early check-in, but we appreciate your understanding. We are so pleased to read your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Sunny regards,
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 3 days mid December 2012 prior to taking a cruise. We found the room and lobby area to be clean and fairly basic in terms of towels, etc. The front desk and breakfast staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was adequate and pretty typical. Our breakfast was included as part of our room rate thru AAA. I think it cost about $12, which I would not have paid if we were not getting it included. The hotel location is very good - just a few blocks walk to Lincoln Road, the beach, Collins Ave., Ocean Drive. The stretch of block the hotel is located on felt a bit sketchy. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a strip club across the street (and I think also there may have been one next to the hotel as well). We never felt greatly uncomfortable walking on the block, but I will say we picked up our pace a bit as we approached the hotel each evening. I did notice the hotel always has one or two front door guys at the doors every time we entered and exited the hotel which I thought was a good thing. Other reviews also metioned hearing street noise, though we did not. Our room was on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very thankful for your compliments to our great staff. I'm happy to hear that the hotel overall met your expectations.

The establishment next door is not an adult club and I can assure you it is very safe in our neighborhood. We are conveniently located the strip on Ocean Drive and the vast shopping and dining on Lincoln Rd.

I'm also happy to hear that you weren't impacted by any noise issues and our valet staff was helpful throughout your stay. Thank you again and we hope you'll visit in the future.

Bala, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A basic hotel building with more than adequate standard rooms and a nice roof top pool area. In a good location with Ocean Drive with all the designer shops one block towards the beach. We noticed the strip club but all was quiet when we arrived about 9 p.m. We walked across to the beach area in the morning. No problems with safety at that hour! Taxi ordered on our behalf and luggage loaded by accommodating staff member. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was smooth sailing during your stay. I hope you enjoyed your cruise with the family and we look forward to welcoming you back to Miami Beach in the future. Thank you again!

Sunny regards,
Plymouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night on the back end of a cruise. The room was spacious but smelled awful. The location was in a seedy part of south beach. I would not recommend staying here for any reason. Was very overpriced for what was included. The staff however were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your compliments to our staff. Please accept my apologies for the odor issue in room. We were not aware of the problem and I apologize for the inconvenience. Additionally we are conveniently located to the beach and many of the attractions in the south beach area. Our guests typically choose the hotel based on our prime location so I apologize that it wasn't a good fit for your trip. I appreciate the feedback and again please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Downers Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here for a conference. The hotel was full and the service was poor. Housekeeping left a different, incomplete variety of towels when they cleaned each day. I needed assistance with some directions and restaurant recommendations and the front desk personnel were not really interested in helping me. I even commented to the Service Manager about the poor service when I checked out and I barely got an acknowledgement that I had spoken. My room was fine--mostly clean and functional; if you don't have an ocean view you don't have much of a view at all (and I did not have an ocean view). And I agree with the other reviewer; look for parking nearby vs using the valet service. It is expensive. This is not one of Marriott's better Courtyards!

Room Tip: Of course, try to get an ocean view if you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent Marriott stay. We are very disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your time while visiting one of our properties. It does appear that you intended to provide feedback on another Courtyard in this post. We are conveniently located in south beach and only two blocks from the beach. We do not have direct ocean front rooms, but one of our sister properties does. It seems that you stayed at that hotel and have confused ours on your response. I regret that you did not have a pleasant experience within our brand and I hope this does not prevent you from continuing to choose Marriott.

Apopka, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Bad first. Do not stay here with children there is a strip club right across the street. Lucky for me I did not bring kids. Night club next door as well. Don't use the valet parking, there is a public parking facility just one block up and it is cheaper overnight. Do not count on a "business center" there is only one lame computer right by the elevators & you have to stand the whole time you are using it. I had to ask an employee who was greeting a buddy next to my room to please lower their voices at night because they were talking very loud (thus thin walls). They charge for breakfast no complimentary breakfast. There is a McDonalds up the street if you are looking to save money.
Positives: Reasonable price...try booking way in advance to get a better deal. Some friendly staff. Nice size room but tiny bathrooms. My room was facing away from the street on the 4th floor which was ideal. Two blocks up the street there is a side street with great restaurants if you are looking to stay close.
Overall ok but not what I expected for the Marriott brand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardFLL, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you felt your stay was simply okay with us. We definitely strive to make each guest experience a special one. We do lease a parking lot near our hotel for the convenience of our guests traveling with a vehicle, Please accept our apologies if this service was not beneficial during your stay. We offer a full breakfast buffet at a nominal charge in comparison to many of the restaurants located on south beach. Additionally our hotel is located in the heart of south beach and we are very close to many of the entertainment venues in the area. We have had the pleasure of hosting many families at our hotel that were pleased with our accommodations. I hope you will accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for sharing your opinion and we will continue to use the candid responses to help us improve.

Nanyce Lanier

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!