“Loved South Beach hospitality and fresh clean room.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Loved South Beach hospitality and fresh clean room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful visit. The staff is amazing. I wish I could remember the valets name,he went way beyond expectations. I had a scooter that had to be lifted out of my van when we arrived and lifted in to the van when we left. He treated us so kind as though it was an honor to help us. His help was fantastic between him and Alex at front desk we had a wonderful visit. Thanks to all The Young Family

• Stayed December 2012
CourtyardFLL, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I'm happy to hear that Alex was fantastic! We are very happy to have him on our team and the valet personnel do a great job of assisting our guests. Thank you for recognizing both of them. Thank you again and we hope you will visit in the near future.

Nanyce Lanier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Even though I can't complaint about the room service, I valley parked my car and lost my vacation pictures and amazing sony camera that was in the car. What I was told was that they would investigate to see where/who/when my camera was stolen but once I left they said they can't prove the camera is stolen with in their terriroty. As a matter of fact, don't trust their employee at all and watch out for your belongings carefully. The valley park manager even mentioned that they know that such incident happens a lot. I will never ever stay in this hotel and/or its brand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you lost your camera during your vacation. Honestly that does not happen all the time and I'm sorry that someone told you that. Please contact the hotel directly and I would be happy to investigate this issue for you. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Two blocks from the beach, close to many bars, restaurants and places to sin. Not a kid-friendly hotel (what place in South Beach is?). Directly across the street is a super-garishly lit strip bar. Rooms are small and a bit tired but in good working order. All of the buildings around here are old so this is pretty much what you get at this price point. Have stayed here twice for business and iffy on coming back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces any direction but East. The neon lights of the strip bar across the st...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay. We're happy to hear that you've returned after a couple of trips. I hope you will definitely return on your next trip to Miami. As you mentioned we are conveniently located to the beach and we will continue to provide the top notch service you have come to expect. Thank you again.

Regards,
Park Ridge, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I found the hotel in need of a real cleaning and upgrade. I thought my room was sub-par and not real clean or for that matter nice. Very basic and not at all worth the $179.99 per night. The Pool is a low end Roof top pool --not much to offer. The Front desk guy was great which is why I gave it a 2 stars or I would have given it a 1 star. The area around the hotel, is a bit quectionable--stay some place else--

Room Tip: Here is a tip----find another place to stay
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We do our best to keep the hotel well maintained and clean for our guest. Please accept my apologies for letting you down. We’ve found the majority of our guests have really enjoyed the pool area. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed. We will use your opinion to help us continue to improve. We definitely do not want travelers to choose another location. We pride ourselves in being a part of the Marriott family and we will make sure we meet the standards our guests have come to expect. Thank you for your feedback.

Portsmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Clean spacious room, with view of the ocean, staff very friendly from reception to valets. The buffet breakfast was good value for money. Ideal location to walk the boardwalk and visit neighboring hotels. The pool is large enough for serious swimmers with lots of sun loungers.

Room Tip: South rooms have fantastic view of the ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you somuch for the positive feedback and we're happy you enjoyed your stay! We welcome you back anytime. Thanks again!

Best,
Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I can't quite figure out what was wrong with this property. The staff was kind enough, the check in and check out services was smooth and the internet was free and of good quality.
The location is just okay. It's not on the beach and in order to walk to the beach you have to go through some not so welcoming stores/clubs.
The bathroom and room had a decoration that was quite simple. The bed did not have the standard Marriott comfort. There were no amenities in this place that caught my attention.
When I sign up for a Marriott property I have a certain expectation. Although this was not a bad experience it did not live up to what I normally expect from a Marriott.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We're disappointed that we didn't leave a better impression on you during your stay. We did recently upgrade all of our mattresses in November to help provide a better night's sleep for our guests. We hope that you will continue to choose Marriott when you travel and we thank you for the feedback.

Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room 301. Room was clean and big enough. We needed a fridge to store medication and staff were obliging and helpful to find one and put in room for us.

Great location, not in beach but a short stroll to beach and shopping. There's a nightclub next door was worried would hear noise but we didn't. We did hear all the party goers coming and going thru the night as room near lift and apparently it's ok to have LOUD conversations in the hallways at all hours.

I didn't sleep well despite the extremely comfortable bed. Not the hotels fault but inconsiderate patrons.

Happy to recommend hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Mememouse,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay overall and apologize for the noisy guests during the night. We do have security on the premises and do our best to control any noise interruptions. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Nanyce Lanier

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!