“Great Location, clean, a little pricey” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #76 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Location, clean, a little pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for a conference at the Miami Beach Convention Center in South Beach (about 4-5 blocks away). Staff was very nice - courteous, always checking to see how they could assist, etc. Definitely get an 'A' for service!

The hotel itself was ok. Showing a little wear, Location was pretty good. Near quite a few restaurants, coffee shops, so you could spend $$$ for lunch/dinner or just $. Hotel offered a $12.95 breakfast which included the staples you see on these buffets (eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice, toast, muffins, bagels, etc.) It was good and definitely convenient.

Got upgraded ( a Marriott's reward customer), so had a room with two queen beds. Plenty spacious enough for me for a work function. Bathroom is that style where the sink is on the outside and toilet/tub are behind a door - so nothing spacious. there's a fridge under the bathroom sink, which was great but also a lousy location as it stuck out and I kept knocking my shin into it when i used the sink. Coffee maker on the sink counter top. Had a pool but I never got a chance to check it out. elevators were a little slow considering the size of the hotel (I think 5 floors). Room was pretty quiet. didn't hear noise from other rooms, though did hear people in the hallway - what you'd expect in this kind of layout.

Pros: location, service (great front desk staff), housekeeping did a great job, free internet, taxis were easy to get and near restaurants, so you could walk a half a block or a block and get some pretty decent food (some of the uber chic restaurants are anywhere from 1.2-4 or so miles away - so all is relatively close).

Cons: a little pricey for a Courtyard (I paid $219, some co workers paid $309). Probably due to its location and the fact that there was a going on. Rooms showing a bit of wear.

Would i go back? Yes - IF I could get a better price. The closer it gets to $250-$300, the more likely I would be to check out one of the smaller art deco hotels.

All-in-all, a good stay (5 days)

Room Tip: 4thy floor was quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardFLL, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We're happy to hear that the location and our amenities worked well for you. We hope you will decide to choose us again when you visit Miami.

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a blast! My sister had never been to miami and I wanted to show her around and this hotel is in the perfect location. Its in the heart of South Beach and I find that I always get reasonable prices with the Marriot. i aways know what to expect with them. They are accomodating and it's always a comfortabel stay for me. If you want to party Dream is literally 1 second away from this hotel so you don't have to go far to party at all. There are tons of bars and lounges along the strip. We purchased a deluxe room for the 4 of us and it was perfect. really big... enough space to move around especially when your sharing a room with 3 other women and there is also a comfortable couch and I believe that pulld out as well. You don't need a car if you are staying here you can walk back and forth to Ocean drive and the shopping areas. If you take a cab the most you will pay is about 4-10 bucks... Another great Miami Trip!

Room Tip: Choose a dekuxe room more space.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the positive feedback! We're happy that you had a successful weekend trip with your girlfirends. We hope you will choose us again when you visit Miami. Thank you so much.

Warm regards,
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here three nights while attending a convention, Staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. Room was quite nice if a little small. Nice facilities downstairs for breakfast (not included) and purchasing food.
Free internet and free use of a computer and printer was also a great help. Easy walk to the convention center and Lincoln road where there are dining and shopping options aplenty.
Would definitely stay there again if attending the Miami Convention Center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Happy to read that you will definitely stay here again! Thank you so much for the great feedback and compliments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you in the future. Thanks again!

Best regards,
Comstock Park, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is my 5th time staying at this great hotel. Service is excellent and the rooms are very nice. The rooftop pool is stunning! Great location to food, shopping, the beach and the convention center. Slow elevators and only one ice machience are the only minor downfalls. Mike M

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
david m, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I hope you will choose to book your 6th trip to South Beach soon and keep thinking of us. I truly am delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We are always looking for ways to improve and I know we won’t let you down on your next visit. Thank you again for your time to review your stay and for sharing you experiences.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel is about 4 blocks from the beach. The service was okay. The "guest service" rep did not know where the airport express stops were and when we asked he gave us the city information number. If you want to be on the party street, then stay on Ocean Drive.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I apologize that our associates could not be more helpful. We strive to assist our guests to have a great experience in South Beach and share all of our knowledge. I can assure you that your concerns will be addressed and we will be waiting for your next visit to South Beach.
Scaumburg Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Aug 2012

Initially planned on staying only 2 nights but my friends and I extended our stay for an extra 2 for the weekend! We were located on the 2nd floor. Location is great (5-10 Mins away walking) from the main strip Ocean Drive, the night clubs on Washington Ave ("Cameo" and I believe "Dream"), and not to mention the gentlemen's club conveniently right across the street (Madonna's). Be sure to put the rooftop pool to good use since I didn't see many people up there (Ask which elevator to use because only one can get you to the pool area NOT both). Rooftop view was great to capture the sunrise and had an even better skyline to reminisce on at night, not to mention the personal cabanas were not charged extra like some other hotels I read up on! The Other hotels that were literally 5 Mins away on the strip, were priced at least 100$-150$ more per night and about half the size of the room (granted they were on the main strip). My friends and I booked the Queen size double and had plenty of room not to mention the pull out couch. If you are looking for a "quiet" family atmosphere it might not be your ideal spot but it can be done. Just Try to avoid the 1st floor rooms if you are with family or young ones- as I've read about noise complaints until 5-6AM from other reviews.

Extra $$: breakfast about $12 each , but my advice go out and explore and get yourself a filling meal for roughly same price from a restaurant. Valet around 25$ per night or you can try and find street parking, but will have to go back to feed the meter maybe 2-3 times or park in parking garage (16th St) and pay when you leave (about the same price but you have the security that YOU parked your car without theft or vandalism), and of course Tax on room.

Pros side: if you are looking to go out (food, bar, club, etc) ask the staff as they were always helpful to me, or other guests in the lobby/pool for advice/opinions (almost all restaurants on Ocean Drive have a prolonged "Happy Hour"). Who knows they might know that one small place you've been looking for! (Also clubs are open until 4-5am so arriving at 10-11PM would be considered EARLY) Internet was included and could be accessed everywhere inside. Once again the staff was great, the beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, and the overall stay was GREAT!!

Cons side: Ice, vending, and workout area were all thrown into one corner of the main ground floor. Breakfast dining area is not huge in space or food selection, but again I recommend going out and explore before the crowds. To my surprise our room did not have a mini fridge or microwave (be sure to ask, some may have them). Housekeeping was never late, so be sure to flip your sign/tag if you do not wish to be disturbed after a long night OUT!

Overall for the price (around 200-240$ after taxes depending on what days) was VERY reasonable for South Beach. The location in my opinion was the next best place coming 2nd only to Ocean Dr hotels. The area was not overcrowded, but felt very alive as restaurants and shops were a mere walks away. In terms of cleanliness or issues with staff I never came across any conflicts. If at all you are not completely convinced of a room (goes for anywhere), request to take a quick tour of the room as i did. I would return again myself and would most definitely recommend to friends!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Great detail in your review about the area and location. Your information will help many guests explore and enjoy the South Beach area. I'm glad to hear that you extended your vacation and decided to stay with us. I hope you decide to visit again and continue your exploration of the Miami Beach South Beach area.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

if you are looking for good location this is the best location but the other hand you can not comparing between this hotel & other it's good for just sleep & go on , the stuff are friendly and the room is clean, with good place at pool roof to see the city.
but if you are looking for hotels service you wont find it here like spa, bar & restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our location. I hope you had a great time in South Beach and it sounds like you enjoyed the roof top pool area. Thank you again for sharing and I hope you think of us again in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!