“Convenient to the convention center” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Barbados
“Convenient to the convention center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here three nights while attending a convention, Staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. Room was quite nice if a little small. Nice facilities downstairs for breakfast (not included) and purchasing food.
Free internet and free use of a computer and printer was also a great help. Easy walk to the convention center and Lincoln road where there are dining and shopping options aplenty.
Would definitely stay there again if attending the Miami Convention Center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardFLL, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Happy to read that you will definitely stay here again! Thank you so much for the great feedback and compliments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you in the future. Thanks again!

Best regards,
Nanyce Lanier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Comstock Park, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is my 5th time staying at this great hotel. Service is excellent and the rooms are very nice. The rooftop pool is stunning! Great location to food, shopping, the beach and the convention center. Slow elevators and only one ice machience are the only minor downfalls. Mike M

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
david m, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I hope you will choose to book your 6th trip to South Beach soon and keep thinking of us. I truly am delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We are always looking for ways to improve and I know we won’t let you down on your next visit. Thank you again for your time to review your stay and for sharing you experiences.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel is about 4 blocks from the beach. The service was okay. The "guest service" rep did not know where the airport express stops were and when we asked he gave us the city information number. If you want to be on the party street, then stay on Ocean Drive.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I apologize that our associates could not be more helpful. We strive to assist our guests to have a great experience in South Beach and share all of our knowledge. I can assure you that your concerns will be addressed and we will be waiting for your next visit to South Beach.
Scaumburg Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Aug 2012

Initially planned on staying only 2 nights but my friends and I extended our stay for an extra 2 for the weekend! We were located on the 2nd floor. Location is great (5-10 Mins away walking) from the main strip Ocean Drive, the night clubs on Washington Ave ("Cameo" and I believe "Dream"), and not to mention the gentlemen's club conveniently right across the street (Madonna's). Be sure to put the rooftop pool to good use since I didn't see many people up there (Ask which elevator to use because only one can get you to the pool area NOT both). Rooftop view was great to capture the sunrise and had an even better skyline to reminisce on at night, not to mention the personal cabanas were not charged extra like some other hotels I read up on! The Other hotels that were literally 5 Mins away on the strip, were priced at least 100$-150$ more per night and about half the size of the room (granted they were on the main strip). My friends and I booked the Queen size double and had plenty of room not to mention the pull out couch. If you are looking for a "quiet" family atmosphere it might not be your ideal spot but it can be done. Just Try to avoid the 1st floor rooms if you are with family or young ones- as I've read about noise complaints until 5-6AM from other reviews.

Extra $$: breakfast about $12 each , but my advice go out and explore and get yourself a filling meal for roughly same price from a restaurant. Valet around 25$ per night or you can try and find street parking, but will have to go back to feed the meter maybe 2-3 times or park in parking garage (16th St) and pay when you leave (about the same price but you have the security that YOU parked your car without theft or vandalism), and of course Tax on room.

Pros side: if you are looking to go out (food, bar, club, etc) ask the staff as they were always helpful to me, or other guests in the lobby/pool for advice/opinions (almost all restaurants on Ocean Drive have a prolonged "Happy Hour"). Who knows they might know that one small place you've been looking for! (Also clubs are open until 4-5am so arriving at 10-11PM would be considered EARLY) Internet was included and could be accessed everywhere inside. Once again the staff was great, the beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, and the overall stay was GREAT!!

Cons side: Ice, vending, and workout area were all thrown into one corner of the main ground floor. Breakfast dining area is not huge in space or food selection, but again I recommend going out and explore before the crowds. To my surprise our room did not have a mini fridge or microwave (be sure to ask, some may have them). Housekeeping was never late, so be sure to flip your sign/tag if you do not wish to be disturbed after a long night OUT!

Overall for the price (around 200-240$ after taxes depending on what days) was VERY reasonable for South Beach. The location in my opinion was the next best place coming 2nd only to Ocean Dr hotels. The area was not overcrowded, but felt very alive as restaurants and shops were a mere walks away. In terms of cleanliness or issues with staff I never came across any conflicts. If at all you are not completely convinced of a room (goes for anywhere), request to take a quick tour of the room as i did. I would return again myself and would most definitely recommend to friends!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Great detail in your review about the area and location. Your information will help many guests explore and enjoy the South Beach area. I'm glad to hear that you extended your vacation and decided to stay with us. I hope you decide to visit again and continue your exploration of the Miami Beach South Beach area.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

if you are looking for good location this is the best location but the other hand you can not comparing between this hotel & other it's good for just sleep & go on , the stuff are friendly and the room is clean, with good place at pool roof to see the city.
but if you are looking for hotels service you wont find it here like spa, bar & restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our location. I hope you had a great time in South Beach and it sounds like you enjoyed the roof top pool area. Thank you again for sharing and I hope you think of us again in the future.
Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed at this property for three nights on a get-a-way with some friends. I dont think it is the best place for a family. However, for a bunch of single guys, I think it is perfect. It is located on the area of Washington Ave near nightclubs, bars and restaurants. Additionally, it is located near the Lincoln Road outdoor mall thing. There is lots of energy in this location and is awesome for people watching. Notably, there is a strip club called the Madonna directly accross the street.

The hotel is sandwiched between a rather large hip hop night club (Dream) and some Hookah bar. If you have are a light sleeper, dont stay here. I could here the music from both places until 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning. I am not a light sleeper, so I was able to sleep. And it didnt seem to bother anyone else.

The service was good, although the clerk made a mistake on one of our rooms. Somehow, the computer did not recognize that we were in the room, although we had received keys. We cleared that up without any problem.

There is a rooftop pool, that NO ONE seemed to use. In fact, I went up there a few times and there was not any there on each occassion. It is a nice facility with a great view of Washington Avenue. The pool is small. However, it is clean with really great furniture. I had my own little cabana chair for an hour or so.

Compartively speaking, the price was good. Especially, when you consider the amount of properties that charged the same price or charged more money and were of the same caliber of this property. And the property seemed newly renovated. The room decor was adequate.

My experience at this hotel didnt change my life, but it met my minimal standards. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
david m, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach. I'm very glad you were able to enjoy the pool area and one of the cabanas. We are always striving to improve our product and service. Your comments will help us in our goal. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to be welcoming you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you have been searching/comparing hotels in the South Beach area like I have, look no further. During my research hotels ranged from $250-500+ per night for a weekend. This hotel was one of the less expensive ones and had great reviews so we said why not! The location to this hotel was amazing, the second we pulled into the valet line we were in love. It is located 2 blocks (5min walk) from the actual beach, 2 blocks from Ocean Drive, and prime in the middle of anything and everything. The second you walk out of the lobby onto the street you are in prime time Miami Beach/Tourist Zone. We were on the 4th floor and had a great view from our window. THE ROOFTOP POOL WAS AMAZING. It was a pool that you would not expect as a typical Courtyard, it looked like it was a rooftop pool at the W hotel. There is Valet parking, $28 per day. The price is the same as any other parking garage in the area so it's smart to Valet (includes in and out as many times per day). The only downfall about the hotel was the room had no hair dryer, so ladies make sure you bring your own from home! We booked a room online that included breakfast it was only an additional $10 over the normal price. If you are going to do breakfast @ the hotel make sure you book the room where it's included for 2 adults online, other wise it's $12.95 per person for the buffet. So you are already getting a bargain from the beginning. (It was called the stay for breakfast rate) We had no issues of the club being loud, just don't get a room on the first floor...perfectly silent all night long on the 4th floor. We will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
david m, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for a great review and I’m glad you had a restful night sleep plus some fun in the sun. I apologize for not having a hair dryer in the room waiting for you but I’ will make sure its in the closet for your next visit. We recent made some improvements to the Rooftop Pool and I’m glad you were able to enjoy them. I appreciate you sharing your experience and please reach out to us on your next visit. Again thank you for your review.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach? Share your experiences!