just came back from this hotel. Do Not Stay!!!!!
First of all the reviews on here is very confusing. There are some that rate it high and others very low. I will say that the ones rating it high are questionable. Let me explain.
I booked this hotel for a little getaway for my Wife and I. I was sold on the pictures and the locations.
When we arrived, it was nothing like the pictures or description. The entrance to the "hotel" is in the back. They have no lobby, only a section with a desk to check you in. The place is a bit run down. You get what you pay for and I thought for a quick getaway weekend this will be fine. I was wrong!
The room was ok, had the motel kind of feel. I did not see a closet although they had closet looking area with a curtain separating it.
We left our luggage and went out to eat. We came back to find a surprise....
There is a Night Club below our room. We can hear all the conversations and the music below. In fact our room was vibrating from all the bass.
We notified the front desk and asked to be moved. They mentioned they were all booked and could not move us. However, if they could, the problem would still be there as people from highest floor can still hear and feel the music.
At that moment we decided we could not stay. This is where things get interesting. Take it for what it is. I'm simply documenting what transpired. The second part of this review is about Hotels.com.
1. Front Desks mentioned that they understood if we did not want to stay but I would have to call Hotels.com as they are the ones I paid.
2. Called Hotels.com and described the situation. They put me on hold to call the hotel. I was on hold for about 15 mins. Hotels.com came back on the line to tell me the front desk verified my story and that I have 2 options. They can try to find me another hotel for tomorrow but I would have to stay overnight. Or, I can find a room tonight but I would still be charge for the one night stay. They claimed hotel policy. That was unacceptable and I wanted to speak to a supervisor, I was put on hold for 20 mins only to be disconnected.
3. Called front desk and asked why they wanted to charge me after we already had a conversation about the Night Club. Mentioned Hotels.com calling them and stated the above. He replied by saying he did not speak to anybody form Hotels.com. Strange?
4. Called Hotels.com again, explained the situation, was put on hold again. Came back with the same story. I asked them who they spoke with and they could not give out that information. I asked for supervisor, was put on hold and after 10 mins., I was conveniently disconnected.
5. Called Hotels.com again, this time at the front desk. Was put on hold so they can call hotel. Came back with the same story. funny thing is, they never called the hotel.
I was speaking with the front desk and he mentioned this is very common. Everybody that books that room or adjacent rooms always complains and walks out. I mentioned, I was sold on the property by the online pictures and reviews. It does not seem link the owner cares and many people get tricked into coming. As far as Hotels.com they will always try to bill you for one night even though the hotel your staying at voids or cancel the reservation.
In closing, I called my credit card issuer and explained the situation. they quickly reverse the charge and put us up in a different hotel, all in one phone call. Thanks you Chase Sapphire.
Take it for what it is. Do your research, look at other users pictures and explore Google Street View.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An newly restored ultra hip historic hotel in the heart of the Art Deco District. Rooms feature unique, futuristic furnishings. Hotel is featured in "Best Designed Hotels in North & South America." Italian marble floors, tile bathrooms, high quality down bedding, refrigerators, CD players, flat screen TV w/cable, etc. We now have kitchenettes and high speed Internet access in our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal South Beach Condo