“Enjoyable and relaxing stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Design Suites Miami Beach

You added Design Suites Miami Beach to your Saves list
Design Suites Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5445 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Design Suites at Castle Beach)   |
Ranked #156 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
orlando
“Enjoyable and relaxing stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

Stayed in a very nice and clean unit. Very nice ocean front location, with access to the beach.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank traveler0615

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

This place is absolutely HORRIBLE. The outside of the building is in total disrepair (under construction I suppose) and is an eyesore on beautiful Collins Ave. The common areas are disgusting and the carpet is old, moist, dirty and frayed. The elevators are old, equally dirty and extremely slow. The pool had trash and junk in it at each of the corners - just filthy. The unit that I stayed in (M19) was terrible. There was visible dirt on the floor (including crumbs!), the bathroom rug was still wet from the previous renter and, to top it off, we had to kill a roach. Yes, a roach! There is never just one roach or one unit with roaches in a complex like this. We complained to the owner when we first got there and was told that perhaps the place wasn't to our standards, but that it had in fact been cleaned. That is just insulting. Spend a few extra bucks to get a nicer condo or hotel.

The gym was decent, the location is good and the security and valet guys were perfectly nice. Those are the only nice things I can say.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

Castle Beach Club aka/Miami Apartments Rental is a complete disaster and discusting place.
I don't even know where to begin, but I feel I must put in this review to save all of you from waisting your money, time and making sure what happened to me will not happen to anyone.
When I arrived, I parked my car to the side of the building so I can get the key to the apartment I rented and unload my stuff. The valet parking (which you have no other option) was very persistant and annoying as soon as we got there he wanted to keys to my car as soon as I put my car there I told him I still need my car to unload my stuff. I didnt give him the key.
When I got out of the elevatorto the 7th floor, my GOD! The carpet stunk the supposably white doors were all filthy. I opened the door and I could not believe the FILTH that apartment had and not to mention that any one would rent that rat hole. The floor was dirty, the table was set with dust covered plates, the counter had a cake full of dust. Someone slept in the beds, and the sheets were dirty and stained. Every piece of furniture had dust on it. And the best was the bathroom, yellow toilet, hair in the sink, dust on the towels, dirty bath tube.
I had to go back downstairs, this building is private residential mixed with rented apartments the front desk really doesnt have anything to do with renting the apartments. they where nice enough to find out how to reach the owners. I told the owners the place was discusting and I could not stay there. They offered a different apartment, but at that point I was not going to even try to deal with them I demanded a refund. They told me that they needed to check out the place because they could not believe that the apartment was so dirty, and they would do it on Monday (this whole ordeal happened on Sunday) I said NO, you have to come today they said they couldnt. So I said fine I will call the Police and have them write up a report and I can use it towards my complain to my credit card, they said fine, call the police. So I did! They sent someone right over, and I showed her the apartment and she agreed that it was not livable, and that I would get reemburesed. The police didnt really want to go up stairs to see the disasterous apartment, but I had something in writing stating that they would return my money. which they did but I really had to fight for it.
I arrived in Miami at 11 am after this whole ordeal and finding a new place it took me the whole Saturday they waisted a whole day of my vacation!
PLEASE DONT STAY HERE!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maggie30
Bowie, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

If I was able to get my money back, I would have stayed somewhere else. Firstly, they double-booked our paid room and gave us an "upgrade" to the "newly renovated penthouse". We were sadly disappointed when we walked in. I felt like they literally threw the apartment together at the last minute b/c they wanted to rent it and not refund our money. I highly doubt they even bothered to clean or inspect this apartment before renting it. The problems were so glaring. Aside from the nice view and the size of the apartment, the rest was very lacking. The attention to detail was clearly not present. They spruced up the living room with newer furniture and TV, but the bedroom furniture was very old, dirty, and dingy looking. The maintenance issues seemed never-ending. The staff was apologetic, but slow to resolve (most things were not fixed or resolved during our stay). The ants throughout the kitchen were very unsanitary. We had to put everything we were planning to eat in the fridge so it wouldn't be overtaken by the ants! We opened the fridge and there was old food left from previous guests. The dishes in the cabinet had dust on them. One of our tvs was broken when we turned it on. The handle on the patio door almost fell off when we tried to go outside. The shower in the master bathroom never worked so I had to take baths the whole week I was there. The tub was so filthy in the first bedroom that my roommate refused to shower without shower shoes. The wireless internet was installed the day before we left but no one ever left instructions or showed us how access it. Needless to say, I did not enjoy my stay here and would not return or recommend it to anyone. I'm an experienced traveler. I'm not overly picky or fussy but these deficiencies were enough to drive anyone bonkers. Thank goodness Sobe was close by and we were right on the beach. That was this hotel's saving grace. My advice, save your money, or spend a little more and stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Siberia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Simply put, this place has seen much better days.MUCH BETTER DAYS! I would be willing to bet that in the 1950's or so this place was nice.....Now, well it is just plain terrible. Not to be picky, but let me start off by saying the unit itself we stayed in was nice, and the owners we rented from were great in every way. However, this does not help with the rest of the building. The rest of the building should be condemned. The carpet is horribly stained, the walls are dirty, and the whole place smells like mold and mildew. It is very sketchy with a lot of people just loitering around. Too previous reviewers who said the pool was nice?? WTF?? Ok OK , the pool itself was nice, but the pool deck area and surrounding areas were sick. A nasty flea bag looking building on one side and chain link fence surrounding the other side around a 50 year old tennis court. The whole building had rust everywhere and the paint was peeling, there were windows boarded over, just plain sick. As for the basement area where there used to be shops, that was shady was well. Most of them were long ago boarded over, and the ones that were open looked like those nasty stores in big cities on the east coast where people use as fronts to sell drugs. Then too the main issue, which is huge...the ocean. Yes it is right behind the hotel, but you have to walk down a scary trail through some weeds to get to it, and once you get there you only have about 40 feet of beach, very narrow. We walked out there one time and said forget this and then drove down to south beach where it was nicer. In closing, if you read this, and are still cotemplating staying here...DONT. You will be sorely dissappointed, I gaurantee it!

• Stayed July 2009
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We rented from Jose Vasallo, unit 528 , it was nice and clean as he describes it in his ad, with lots of extras,we enjoyed looking at the ocean from the condo,the bathroom was a good size, lots of towels were provided. The kitchen had everything w plenty of cabinets and everything we needed, the furniture was arranged in a very functional way, the condo is nicely decorated and the closet with a lock is very convenient and secure. There was also a very good restaurant next door at 5401 Collins w good prices. Walgreens was about 10 blocks north and so was Publix.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank xiazera
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I would rather drink my own pee than stay here again. The entire "hotel" (doesn't deserve to be called a hotel) is FILTHY!!! This place has not been updated since God spoke to Moses. It is shameful that someone would actually profit from letting people stay here. I think the health department needs to pay a visit. From Q-tips in the hallway to roaches...this place is a complete disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family