“We loved this Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #145 of 200 Hotels in Miami Beach
Sandefjord Municipality, Norway
“We loved this Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel was very Nice and clean,The Beach was beautiful and the pool was Nice and clean also.The locasion was perfekt for me and the kids,not to much nois and the buss stopp was right outside and they took us Down to South Beach in 15 min and Down town Miami in 30 min.We are defnetly going back

Room Tip: The room was Nice and the ac workt ok
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Facundo Y, Guest Relations Manager at Design Suites at Castle Beach, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to have you around with us again and be sure to let us know when you are coming so we can reserve your favorite room for you.
Please contact me at reservas@desigmiami.com for future reservations. It will be my pleasure to assist you.
Design Suites Miami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I admit that AFTER booking the hotel I read the reviews and I started to feel uneasy. I don't know about you but I didn't want a hotel to ruin my vacation, but I was only 1 week away from my trip so I decided to just stick through with it. My party of 5 stayed in PH14. We where all in shock right when we got into our room, beautiful view and clean room.

I read a couple reviews where people where saying how outdated the hotel was and that it was cockroach infested-yes, you can tell that the hotel is aging with the decor in the lobby and how they still use a key to unlock rooms, also there are some wear-and-tear in the rooms, but nothing too major. I saw 1 cockroach in the kitchen, but luckily that was the only one I encountered during my 4 night stay.

The only real problem I would have to say was that the elevators took forever!!!! There where 2/4 working elevators for the whole hotel (18 floors) one was used to go down and the other for going up, and when you finally got to use it, it stops by almost every floor. Before entering the elevator you use a touch screen to enter your floor number, and if whoever couldn't fit into the elevator stays behind for the next time it comes back, it will still stop on that floor that they requested!

I definitely enjoyed having the beach as my backyard, so we didn't have to go through the hassle of driving around and dealing with all that. Publix and other shops/restaurants are in walking distance (~1 mile) so that was also nice. South Beach is about 10 minutes away. Honestly, I had no problem finding parking there, though it is crazy hectic.

Turkish bath anybody? Located in the lower lobby, weird. If you where dying to try out a turkish bath then you're in luck. Overall, I would stay here again. I had no problems with the staff and it was a great and cheap stay for the area!

Room Tip: I haven't seen any other rooms, but the penthouse would be the best choice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Facundo Y, Guest Relations Manager at Design Suites at Castle Beach, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
HELLO!
Thank you for staying at Design Suites Miami
We are really happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again here for many more return visits.
Best wishes
Denmark, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed in a private apartment in this hotel, and that was good. Our host was great and the apartment was clean and nice. The location is great and it's relatively cheap, but unfortunately, the valet parking (southern parking) lost our car keys and we had to spent AN ENTORE day waiting (and pushing) for them to fix it. We had to sit there, or they did nothing. It was difficult to communicate with them as out Spanish is poor. The hotel and out host did what they could to help us, but I would NOT recommend using the valet parking.

Room Tip: Rent from a private host on Airbnb.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review!
We are sorry you had a bad experience with valet parking, we know we have some improvements to make, and we are working on that.
We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Long Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I must preface this review by saying that we rented directly from an individual rather than any of the management companies mentioned here (of which there are several).

The location is approximately 1 mile to the Publix grocery store - this makes for a nice morning walk to and from, plus an excuse to stop at the French Artisan bakery/restaurant along the way for breakfast! We used public transportation our entire stay - there are several bus lines that serve Collins Ave. and there is a stop right in front of the building. The buses run 24 hours.

We stayed for 15 days. We found the elevators to be prompt and didn't experience any delays. The security/front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool was lovely and seemed to be well maintained. Direct beach access was very nice. The lower lobby has a coin-operated laundry facility ($1.50 for each wash and $1.50 for each dry). There is also a convenience store with a wide array of products at the expected elevated price (it's a convenience store).

I keenly regret that there were roaches. We took extraordinary measures to control the situation but I have to say that the worry of scanning the counters every time you turn on a light is trying and I doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for your detailed and honest review. We knew our pros (like our great location and wonderful staff, always attentive and kind) Yet, it is highly important to take notes of the aspects that need improvement. We hope you come back and choose to stay with us again
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We planned a trip for a group of 7 stay in for a fun miami weekend. Our 2 bedroom "adjoining suite", did not connect anywhere they are just two rooms side by side. Rooms were VERY poorly maintained, we kept finding huge roaches during our stay! The elevators don't work, the security is a joke, you have to give your credit card for beach towels that are small and filthy (and if not returned to the front desk they charge $20/towel), valet is also ridiculous- while trying to unload your luggage they will take your keys every time you walk in to put your items on the bellhop because there is no ramp to take one out to your car and no one will help you take in luggage. This gets very frustrating. We only planned to sleep at the hotel during our stay but it quickly made for a sour trip. Do not recommend, please read reviews before booking!! Some photos seemed nice but I didn't read the reviews before our trip and I wish I had, it will save you a hassle!

• Stayed July 2014
Facundo Y, Staff Design Suites Miami at Design Suites at Castle Beach, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thanks for your review.
First of all, on our listing we display that these studios can be communicated by a door or share a corridor.
We are working hard on the renovation of all the rooms.
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I sometimes think that when someone says "disgusting" they are over reacting, but I have had it wrong all along. On the website it says that you can't check-in until 3:00 P.M. I called ahead to make sure and they said that i could check-in at 11:00 A.M. I arrived at the hotel at around 1:00 P.M. and discovered that i had to go downstairs in a basement-type place to check-in. Check-in took about an hour with a very unpleasant man that wouldn't even look at my face. when i went back up to the main lobby i saw that many of the people that i was traveling with looked upset. When i went over to them to ask them whats wrong, they pointed to a woman behind the desk screaming in Spanish at another woman to--and i quote--"sign the damn papers and get out of my face". Now this ladies and gentlemen is what i call RUDE staff.
I gathered up my party and took them over to the elevator to go up to our room. I don't know if they don't have enough funds or they just don't care or notice that the elevator system is a piece of crap. its not something that you see everyday. If you look up inside the elevator you'll find to my disgust that the ceiling paint is coming off in flakes. The first thing i did when i got to my room is sweep the floor, pick up two dead cockroaches (my friend almost fainted), and with a wet paper napkin take off the dust on the furniture. I requested a room with two queen beds and a sofa-bed. i got one queen bed and no sofa bed. I went outside and bought two inflatable mattresses. My people wanted to leave but i told them that we weren't gonna get our money back and that it was only three nights anyways.
I was horrified at the fact that staff didn't come every day and take out the garbage, dress the beds, clean the floor, NOTHING. The have absolutely NO maintenance. The bathroom has mold on the tiles that is just nasty. The pool looks like a puddle of pee, the beach was cold and almost nobody was bathing in it, and the hotel/condominium was absolutely disgusting. My stay at this hotel is one i'll never forget and NOT in a good way. I was counting the days till I left. My friends and I will never come back and I DON'T recommend this place to ANYBODY. For future reference I recommend that you read the reviews and then make a well-educated decision to weather or not you'll stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Did you stay with Design Suites Miami?
Our office is on the Front Desk and it is open 7 days a week from 8 am to 12am and Our front desk staff, is trained weekly with the customer service standards.
Regarding the cleaning service, we provide cleaning every day, and we make sure that the rooms are in perfect conditions every time a guest checks in.
Thanks
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

All I have to say is that this is the most disgusting place I have ever stepped foot it. I found 3 cockroaches in less than 5 minutes. Told the reception and I was completely ignored. This literally just happened to me. I grabbed my things and left.

• Stayed July 2014
Did you stay with Design Suites Miami?
Our goal is to satisfy our guests in order to make your stay as conforting as it can be.
So, with which company did you stay with?
Thanks!
Design Suites Miami

Been to Design Suites at Castle Beach? Share your experiences!