Overall would never stay here again. Price was cheap due to booking very far in advance through a discount site, but it was in no way worth it. The place just needs A LOT to get itself up to date and has made half-of-an-effort to accommodate. You're much better off staying anywhere else. Really take a moment to read the reviews and make your decision based ont he experience of others staying here, it's really not recommended unless what you're looking for is simply cheap with no expectations. Booked *adjoining rooms* ended up with two separate rooms on two different floors, which were both different. 423 / 523 . 523 was clearly much better of the two though neither room was worth staying at ever again. There are clearly endless violations on this building all through-out, just keep in mind the photos on the website grossly over-promise.
+ Convenience and price (after advance discount)
+ Internet is wireless (took a while to get it to work)
+ Free Parking included (1 spot per room, but be prepared it takes a very long wait to get your car out, 15-20 min every time, as valet is a requirement)
+ Beach Access
0 - Cleanliness overall was so-so
0 - Staff overall was so-so
0 - "Kitchenette" (it's more *for show* and simply not realistic to even think of attempting to cook anything in the room)
0 - "receptionist" is actually Security Guards watching the cameras at the front entrance, this didn't necessarily bother me but appeared unusual and is only inches above a negative.
- Deceiving advertising (no clock, no phone, no radio, no ipod dock, no daily cleaning)
- No Breakfast options
- Lighting in the room is very limited and dimly lit (they use a small track lighting to light the entire room, any electrician could spend a pair of hours and put in a standard ceiling light centered and solve this problem for less then $200 and would be a very welcomed fix)
- Walls are paper thin (they were drilling nails from 8am-2pm from all sides and I could hear my neighbors watching tv / moving around)
- Far from the south beach strip (5445 = 54th Street)
- Elevators are ancient (only 2 working for 20 floors, very VERY slow long waits, approx 15-20 minutes, on top of the 20 minutes to get your car)
- Construction (I came for vacation and work, there were no listings or notices anywhere about construction going on, but that is all I heard all morning and day during my stay)
- "Limited View" meant a roof wall in-front of the window with bird poop all over it (literally)
- Rooms and hallways STUNK of cigarettes at all times
- Building needs A LOT of attention to fix up and restore, it's very out-dated all around and is just not in good shape.
- The Turkish Bath and shops downstairs were very questionable... if you have kids this is definitely not a hotel for your family... if you're just going to party you might not care as much
- Door knobs don't work or lock and are just *for show* (you have to use the deadbolt and shove the door open when unlocked)
- Beach area access is not where you want to spend time if you're thinking of "going to the beach" yes you have access and there is "a beach" but if you really want to be on south beach you'll need to get in your car, or take a bike, or cab down a good 2 dozen blocks.
- Also Known As:
- Design Suites At Castle Beach Hotel
- Design Suites At Castle Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design Suites at Castle Beach is a selected group of the best suites in this emblematic building of Miami Beach. All of our suites have a fully equipped kitchenette, 32" LCD, WIFI, and everything that you need to feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Design Suites at Castle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.