“Important for ALL- expirience from room 415” 5 of 5 stars

Design Suites at Castle Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5445 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #151 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
europe, German
“Important for ALL- expirience from room 415”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Dear all,

Firstable, something for all who want to put here some words:
PLEASE, when you leave here your experience, please, please, please... write your Unit No. it will be the best help for readers. Because lot of people doesn`t know that Castle Beach Club is not a clasical hotel, This is condo association and in that building you have a lot of unit owners. Some of them are great and take care about their unit, but also there is a lot of owners who are not responsible and do not take enought care about cleaning etc.
Because I was there (Castle Beach Club) two times, 2009. and 2011. and my experience is beautifull I beg you all, leave your room number, because some people who read our experience can`t know a real and try story about this place. When I was in searh, I was a little bit scary about stories of this building, but when I went there it was so difrent feeling. Location is THE BEST. You have a Ocean and the beach in your garden, right beside a great pool and the room 415 is so cute and it was so clean. Al inside was so fresh. That owner diserve the best rating. Believe me!!! I was there and first and second times we stay there 21 day. I recomend to you this place and Unit 415. Agency who represent this owner is so, so profesional and responsible. Like you can see the point of this place is which unit you will take- From responsible and profesonal owner or ..... someone who is nothing of that. All other stuff are o.k. You have a free parking place per room(valet parking), bus station is infront of building, you have small market, restorans and more interesting in the building... What other to say- GO there but be careful about unit and if you get some dirty room , ask from your agency or owner to be refunded and find the other one nice like 415 :-) That is your right and you have legal right to ask and do that. Goooooood luck!!! Regards from Europe
P.S. Maybe it will be helpful, I will leave to all of you link from unit I use -Unit 415 -(name: Garden)

Room Tip: Clean, comfortable, internet, all the best for my Unit and location.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Turkish first
ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stay there only one night with my three granddaughters (18,14,8). When I walk in the hotel
hall was dirty o my god. Inside townhouse more disaster, when I check bedroom, bad look like somebody just weak up, not change not clean,sheets was in big wood container, I have worry to toush the sheets they was dirty and I didn't want to cover my self with them. When I call owner (Peter from Russia)he doesn't like to talk with me, finally when he show up, he offer me million thinks just stay there (dinner, spa .....). I would like to walk out but he tell as stay here and we can talk tomorrow morning. After he left I went check the beach ; dirty, lot of cigarette's all over the beach was not even 2 meters clean, shower outside broken, tiles broken just disaster - no privacy . I will show you all pictures you can see at. I will add all pictures tomorrow. We stay up all night. On the morning he didn't show up, didn't even pick up the telephone. Then lady she work there she try to call him from different tel.number he didn't know was me, he tell me he can't come over he need to go to the church.. We drove the car 25 hours from Canada, when you think about the rest boom big surprise ...all night up. I just left. I can't stay there not even one more minute. He is not owner of the hotel I think he's doing werry bad name for them.

Room Tip: Don't even think stay there
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Despite the mixed reviews on the site, we booked a bayside studio here for a weekend celebration with friends. It is an older hotel/condo but it right in the middle of millionare's row. Like the reviewers state, most of the condos are owned by different people.

Pros: Our room wasn't a five star hotel room but the room was clean and secure and that is all we required for the short time there. The studio had a a mini fridge, microwave and small appliances if you wanted to make a late night snack. The owner provided towels for the room and if we needed more, it wasn't a problem getting them. The building itself is under contruction but the people, especially the the security chief, were helpful and very nice. On the bottom level there are shops and 2 ATMs.

Cons: The elevators are slow. The laundry rooms are use at your own risk and on some floors do not work.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My fiance and I stayed there for 5 nights on the 6th floor. Our room was very clean, quite and overall very homely. It appeared to have been recently remodeled but did not have any paint after smell in it. It was fully equipped and functional with a small kitchen, two bedroom and bathroom. Interesting though was that if we wanted our room cleaned daily ($15 charge each day) or other concerns we had a name and number of some one from the fourth floor. This makes me think that perhaps different people or companies own/rent/lease different rooms/floors in Castle Beach and it is not like your traditional hotel where one company owns and is responsible for all the rooms and services.
The 6th floor hallway was literally being finished up with brand new carpet when we arrived. Nice color and softness. The workers were courteous.
Our view faced inland and was very nice. The valets are a plus, especially since the service is free, and they all worked hard to accommodate every one. They were professional and polite. Well worth a tip each time.
The lobby was absolutely stunning with beautiful chanderliers, a pool like blue ceiling, new carpet, paint and art works. In the lobby the front desk staff were helpful and friendly.
The pool was large and clean and went to a depth of almost 10 feet.
The beach access and view is absolutely to die for. The crystal clear ocean is breathtaking to say the least. There are also many nearby restaurants, both fast food and more formal as well as grocery stores and pretty much anything else one might need on a vacation.
I read a number of the reviews for this Club before our trip and it seems that many travelers have arrived during the construction that seems to have been going on for quite some time. To be honest I was quite concerned about this before our trip in thinking we might get down there to a room that was in desperate need of a re-due.
There appeared to be a other construction going on in other parts of the Club so that brings up the question to which rooms/floors have been redone and which haven't. This I cannot answer so my best advice is to do ask questions and be specific. Is the room I am going to be staying in been remodeled yet or is it to be done in the future. What if I am not happy with my room when I arrive...what are my options on getting a different? Is there a specific person or company who takes care of the room where I will be staying and how can I contact them before my trip?
So to sum up, the Castle Beach Club is a nice place to stay with courteous staff. The parts of it that have already been remodeled are beautiful. The pool is nice and the gem by far is the beach and ocean. We'd be happy to stay there again in the future. A couple tips of advice are to come with a GPS...you'll be glad you did and if you haven't driven on Collins ave before then prepare to be alittle confused for awhile til you get the hang of how all the traffic works driving up and down Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Be clear that you will only make reservations if they guarantee you will get a room that has already...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Driftwood, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Didn't like having to wait on valet. Film was being made and couldn't use lobby. Lobby was only place to get internet. The film crew was snotty and smelly. The halls were filthy. The place only provided 6 towels and we had 8 people. Pictures on rental site were misleading. Was supposed to be two bedroom. Was actually one bedroom with large livingroom and bed in it. The other bedroom was in a dungeon. One bathroom has such small shower, that even a midget would have trouble fitting in it.
Beach was beautiful, which is one of the only positive points. Pool was ok.
Traffic is terrible and road system is horrendous. Drivers are a nightmare. People are unfriendly.
Won't be back. Will go to Cancun next time. I didn't go there this year because of all the hoopla about drug gangs. After experiencing the people in Miami, will take my chances there in Mexico.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

ok,so this review is a little late.but I felt like it would be a sin not to warn other people about this place.the place is super creepy,mold all over the place.and dont even get me started on the state of the bed.i'm sure I would have fallen ill if I had slept on it.other than the location there is not 1 good thing I can say about this place.please help yourselves=avoid this place at all costs

• Stayed May 2011
Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We travelled to Miami Beach in February after NYC and Orlando. We had 3 nights and needed a place to fit two adults and two teenagers. We went through condo rental company and took the insurance offered for $25. I dealt with the owner's representative and we had a unit on the M level. It had a large kitchen, washer, dryer and two bathrooms. We had the two bedrooms upstairs and ocean view. Unfortunately the view was good but balcony was under construction. The unit is older but functional. Only problem was a few fittings in the bathroom had deteriorated and downstairs toilet was not flushing properly. We knew it was older when we booked so this wasn't a problem. The wifi worked perfectly and the kitchen and lounge was clean. We were met at reception by Edith, who maintains the unit and she was lovely and helpful and rushed to great us as we arrived earlier than expected. Security was good. This unit is cheaper because it isn't five star but as we spent very little time there except to sleep, it was fine. Booking was done over the internet with rep Natasha who answered our questiones and we had no problems with our security deposit return etc. Like mentioned in other reviews, Castle Club units are owned by many people so do some research, look at all reputable rental sites and review sites. I will add some photos soon.

Room Tip: Research and look at travellers photos.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Design Suites at Castle Beach? Share your experiences!