“Really enjoyable stay by the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Best Rates Here From $134
Ranked #53 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Really enjoyable stay by the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Here for three nights on business. The entrance/reception has a colonial feel with rattan ceiling fans, columns etc. The restaurant has a large outside terrace area and the pool area can only be described as tropical. There's direct access to the beach across the boardwalk. It's about a 25 min brisk walk down the board walk into the start of the bars/restaurants. The upside to this is that the beach by the hotel isn't so busy. Would I visit again - yes (if someone else was paying) - $250 a night wouldn't encourage a long holiday.

Room Tip: Overheard reception offering to upgrade to a sea view at $50 a night. Only worth it if you spend you...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
Spring, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The rooms and grounds were gorgeous. The hotel is further north from South Beach which can be a good thing. We originally planned on Mexico but we discovered our little piece of "mexico" in Miami. An all inclusive in Mexico would have been cheaper as Miami is pricey!

Room Tip: you get more space if you choose two double beds. If you want an ocean view you'll need to be h...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Palms is north of much of the busiest activity on Miami Beach, which is either good or bad, depending on what you want. The hotel has a handsome, upscale interior, a very attractive pool area, and small but updated rooms. We asked for a room away from the elevator. We were a few doors down from it, but could still hear the elevator motor, but that was tolerable. Room to room noise was minimal, and hallway noise was acceptable. There were blackout curtains for the main window, but light came in at sunrise from the bathroom because of the glass doors. The on-site restaurant featured some organic, farm to table offerings with sustainable or organic wines. Prices there were on a par for Miami Beach. The hotel price was OK for the location, bur then there was valet parking at $37/day (which required 20-30 minutes notice for your car to be brought around), and the ever-irritating resort fees. The room had no microwave or refrigerator. but did have a Keurig coffeemaker and an excellent TV. The bed was very comfortable. The shower was a rainfall-type with plenty of water flow. The room was clean, though one day housekeeping did not do the room until late afternoon. The hotel seemed to be popular for weddings and wedding receptions.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor, away from the elevator
Green Features: They had some green practices in place. There was a separate wastebasket for recyclables, not clearly marked,which I hope was emptied appropriately.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff is friendly and the hotel is beautiful. We had a city view room with a King sized bed and loved it. The restaurant at the hotel is fantastic and there are plenty of other places to eat within walking distance. The boardwalk behind the hotel is great and makes for a nice walk if you want to see South Beach (it was crazy down there!). There's private beach access and a BIG pool open 24 hours! One of the more beautiful hotels in the area from what I could tell walking down the boardwalk.

Room Tip: 24 hour access to a beautiful outdoor pool!
Green Features: Interesting toilets that utilize hand washing water to refill the tank.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We are fussy about where we live and I have to say this was just perfect. We wanted to stay in a resort that has a private beach. This hit the spot. The beach was also fully serviced and food was great. We did feel the concierge could be better...they did not seem to know a lot and always in a hurry. Also, the beach ran out of umbrellas and many guests were sitting in the really hot sun till one was available, so that could be fixed. but overall a GREAT experience. Very kid friendly too. My 8 year old son did not want to leave. My favorite place was the charming porch where we would have our snack and drinks. A very relaxed stay overall.

Room Tip: Lovely beach access and fully serviced, lots of weddings took place there
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were looking for a beach resort in Miami. Needed to stay 2 nights and a day before our flight out.
Palms was a comfortable experience. The hotel was well kept, and seemed recently renovated. Service was prompt and courteous. The restaurant in the hotel had good choices for breakfast.
We spent most of our time on the beach, which was clean. The warm sea water was enjoyable. Drink service for the beach was slow. That is the only issue I noticed.
Will probably stay there again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Room sizes vary a lot. Take a look at the room before checking in.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I want to start by saying that this is a beautiful hotel and is in a perfect location in Miami Beach. The way I was treated was very undesirable. I stayed there from April 28th trough May 1st. The first night I got there, I took a shower and water spilled out all the way to the room hallway. I did not notice until I walked out and almost fell down tweaking my hip and was in little pain. Since I had to leave for an event I did not report it until the next morning. The cleaning lady came the next morning and I told her, she apologized and said she would report it. I went ahead and went to your front desk to report it just in case, no apology, your rep just said will send someone even when I said I was in a little pain. I left it at that. I came back later that night and the problem was not fixed. The cleaning lady in the afternoon was more receptive and got on the phone and got on the phone and report it the incident and had maintenance fix the problem. She apologized on your behalf and said someone from management would ...

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!