“Awful experience --unfriendly staff” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Best Rates Here From $134
Ranked #52 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Awful experience --unfriendly staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I arrived to the hotel before 11am. I was told that someone would call me when my room was ready. I waited for four hours and returned to the hotel after my lunch. I sat down and quietly waited for my room. I was approached by a large security woman who asked me what was I doing in the lobby. I told her that I was waiting on my room. She did not believe me and went to get a manager. I was not the only person in the lobby and no one else was asked any questions. I am small frame and a quiet person so I didn't argue. The manager asked for my name and verified that I was in fact a guest waiting on my room. I am not foreign and am indeed an American. I did not understand what was the big deal. I will never stay at this hotel again. I will definitely be returning to the Fontaine Blue (a real 5 star hotel)!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel was great, staff were pleasant and eager to help, I paid for an ocean view room but all I got were trees for a view, the rooms also lack balconies or a window that opens, ventilation is needed, other than that everything was great except the fact that there was not even one microwave in the hotel, so dinner leftovers weren't a good idea to keep

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed 3 nights for business, but brought my wife too. Very very nice rooms. Great beach access. Secure, quiet, with all of the amenities you could ever need, except one. My Wi-Fi on my computer isn't working and they don't have wall jacks anymore. Oh well, that's the worst I could say.

If the food they served us is as good at the restaurants in the hotel, then you'll be happy.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Huffman, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our first time staying in Miami and at The Palms. We were a bit disappointed in several things. The size of our room was extremely small. As were the bathroom and shower area. We requested an "ocean view" and we were anticipating a balcony, however, there was no balcony. I questioned whether the room had been actually cleaned to standards or not due to the fact that when we pulled open the drapes the pillows for the bed were on the floor between the curtains and window. The bed was turned down but it was early in the day. Several hours later someone knocked on our door wanting to turn down the bed. The shampoo in the bathroom was half empty and had not been replaced. One more small complaint was the pillows. Way too uncomfortably flat for us. More than likely we would not stay at The Palms again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Excellent attention to every detail. Linens were softer than talcum powder. Decor was Contemporary European Chic. Everything looked brand new. Dinner was creative and Sunday Brunch was sumptuous, out on the covered veranda. The whole staff was gracious, friendly and knowledgeable. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is wonderful! It is so classy and you truly feel like it is a resort hotel. The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. The beach access was great and the staff was so nice. The distance from the South Beach scence was close enough to enjoy, but far away for peace and quiet. The beaches weren't crowded. Truly wonderful!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just stayed at The Palms four nights and it was wonderful! I found the staff to be very warm and friendly and the accommodations were outstanding! I was on a business trip and wished my family could have been with me. There is a quaint little Cuban restaurant right down the street that we enjoyed several times as well. Would love to go back for some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!