“A Little Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Huffman, Texas
“A Little Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our first time staying in Miami and at The Palms. We were a bit disappointed in several things. The size of our room was extremely small. As were the bathroom and shower area. We requested an "ocean view" and we were anticipating a balcony, however, there was no balcony. I questioned whether the room had been actually cleaned to standards or not due to the fact that when we pulled open the drapes the pillows for the bed were on the floor between the curtains and window. The bed was turned down but it was early in the day. Several hours later someone knocked on our door wanting to turn down the bed. The shampoo in the bathroom was half empty and had not been replaced. One more small complaint was the pillows. Way too uncomfortably flat for us. More than likely we would not stay at The Palms again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Polish first
Palm Beach Gardens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Excellent attention to every detail. Linens were softer than talcum powder. Decor was Contemporary European Chic. Everything looked brand new. Dinner was creative and Sunday Brunch was sumptuous, out on the covered veranda. The whole staff was gracious, friendly and knowledgeable. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is wonderful! It is so classy and you truly feel like it is a resort hotel. The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. The beach access was great and the staff was so nice. The distance from the South Beach scence was close enough to enjoy, but far away for peace and quiet. The beaches weren't crowded. Truly wonderful!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just stayed at The Palms four nights and it was wonderful! I found the staff to be very warm and friendly and the accommodations were outstanding! I was on a business trip and wished my family could have been with me. There is a quaint little Cuban restaurant right down the street that we enjoyed several times as well. Would love to go back for some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff at the hotel is very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out was very fast. The room, although on the small size, was very comfortable. However, the lighting was not very good. It was difficult to see properly when applying makeup. The food was excellent. And the conference rooms were comfortable. I did experience a woman who was on staff, unlocking my door before I could get to it to open the door. She was from housekeeping and I thought she asked if I ordered towels, however, I did have trouble understanding her. I had not ordered towels and I didn't understand why she was pulling a suitcase behind her. A little troubling. The hotel is nice, but expensive. The bottled water in the room was $6.98 a bottle and room service for a fruit and cheese platter which I believe was $14 with an iced tea & glass of milk was over $30. But, all in all, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My son and I stayed at the resort in March during Spring break. It is beautiful and in a good location next to the brand new Edition Hotel by Ian Shrager. When my son became ill, Rayna/Reina from housekeeping asked how she could help and if we needed anything. She brought me two kinds of tea to make him. She is an outstanding employee and an asset to your hotel.

Room service was very good and we loved the healthy options and alternative grains in several of the dishes.

The front desk was very helpful when I got multiple splinters from the flag holder used at the beach for drinks/food. They gave me a mending kit, alcohol pads, and Band-Aids. The flag holder is made of finer glass and very dangerous. The glass fibers/splinters are invisible and extremely difficult to remove.

I did have a few issues at the hotel that I found concerning and brought to the hotel's attention but never heard back. On my first night there I was changing my clothing and wasn’t yet dressed when all of a sudden a strange woman was in my room. I was shocked, startled and confused. It turns out she was there for turn down service - a service I didn’t know the hotel provided. She did not knock she just came in. I found this extremely disturbing and scary. Be aware of this!

My other concerns were regarding the pool area. I had a lovely lunch on my chair side table when I ran to the ladies room. When I came back my sandwich was gone and there were a flock of pigeons under my chair. They had eaten my entire sandwich and a scone. I don’t understand why the hotel doesn’t run a thin wire/fish line over the pool area like most hotels today to keep birds out. The pigeons in Miami are not the friendliest and don’t belong at a pool disturbing guests. And on that note, either do dogs. I understand that many hotel today allows pets. I love dogs but I don't think a “Service" dog (an old, tiny Chihuahua mongrel in a vest that says “Service Dog") shouldn't be allowed poolside without a leash. Other guests may not like dogs, or be allergic, and food is being served. I did not enjoy a loose dog in my space sniffing around my things looking for food while I enjoyed my lunch. I don't find that acceptable.

Lastly, I want to address security at pool. I was sitting by the pool one afternoon when five people came into the pool area. They were fooling around, jumping in the pool, making noise and hanging around. They clearly did not belong on the property. I don't understand why it took security so long to see these people on the property and to evict them.

I think the PALMS HOTEL and SPA a great property but there are a few practical issues to think about.

Room Tip: not by the elevator!
Green Features: There were indcations they are enviornmentally friendly. That's a great thing!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for my friend's wedding. The hotel, grounds, and beach were beautiful. The wedding venue was amazing as well (indoor and outdoor). We enjoyed our time out by the pool and the beach. The restaurant on the property was fantastic as too. An ideal location, close to everything (including city bikes to ride on the boardwalk)! It is a bit expensive (but everything on South Beach is), I would definitely recommend the hotel and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Alison F,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for the perfect score! We are thrilled to read how much you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and wedding venue. Thank you for recommending The Palms Hotel & Spa and we all look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
Warm regards,
Alma

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!