“Really nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Really nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

After going to Mexico for the last few winters we decided to try Miami. I was nervous about finding a place that could compare to the tropical paradise we love in Playa del Carmen. The Palms has delivered. It is traditional, well maintained, the rooms are newly remodeled and the grounds of the resort are BEAUTIFUL. Plentiful, lush tropical gardens (even celebrated parrots). It feels like a plantation and a respite from the concrete jungle of much of Miami Beach. It is on 30th st, a little north of the action, but has a good restaurant and, really, all you need. It is on a beautiful part of the promenade and only 15 minutes by foot to Lincoln road. There is a City Bike rental right across the street and takes 10 minutes by bike to be in the heart of South Beach. I highly recommend this hotel/spa/resort.

Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Milan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A good location if you want to avoid the crowded South Beach . Hotel is very silent and has a nice view to ocean even though no terasses !!!!!
Service is ok
Lifts are a nigHtmare and you can wait until 15 mn to get one ..... Crazy !

Room Tip: Take high floor
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here for business this past week and thought the hotel was great. It's a little off the beaten path from South Beach, a long walk along with boardwalk. The grounds are lovely with a heated pool, and large, fun tiki bar. It's beach is gorgeous with turquoise water and white sands The staff was helpful and accommodating. I stayed in a city view room and it was a nice size with large windows. I would've given this a 5 star except for two things: breakfast should've been included, or at least not $24 for a hot buffet and the double doors on the bathrooms are frosted glass and leave a gap of about a quarter inch with no hope for privacy.

Room Tip: If you're looking to save a few dollars, the city view rooms are very nice if you don't requ...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear cortneyrose
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa on your recent business trip. We very much appreciated reading through the hotel facilities and offerings you enjoyed duration your visit. We are very happy to read that our staff was helpful and accommodating. It is nice to know that the room was a nice size but I regret the inconvenience you experienced with the bathroom doors which are meant to shut completely not leaving any gap. Please rest assured that guestroom functionality is a top priority for us at The Palms. I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me your room number so our Engineering team can investigate further to ensure everything is working properly. My email is alma@thepalmshotel.com. We look forward to welcoming you back next time that your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
Best wishes,
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I went here for the weekend and enjoyed it very much. Our room faced the pool and beach. It was quiet and peaceful. The pool was heated which was very relaxing early in the morning before a lot of people were there. The beach was just a few minutes from the room to the sand. The stess-fix massage was good and it is an Aveda Spa. The restaurant was excellent. We had room service the night we arrived and it was excellent. We ate in the outside part of the restaurant for breakfast one day, the inside for breakfast another day, and the inside for dinner. Every meal was excellent. Service ranged from okay at one breakfast to excellent for most other meals. We also ate pool-side and had excellent service and food there. We found the rooms to be very efficient. They are not super large but very efficiently laid out. We did not have a tub but did enjoy the over-head shower and the hand held shower as well. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Flat screen tv, coffee machine, etc... were in the room. We will probably go back the next time we go to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Pool and beach side room was very nice and surprisingly quiet.
Green Features: Very eco-friendly! If you are environmentally conscious, you will love all their eco-friendly extras like the commode that lets you wash your hands before the water drains into the tank for flushing, smart keys, etc...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at The Palms Hotel & Spa. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable weekend stay and felt that our team members were very friendly and accommodating. Thank you for visiting our AVEDA Spa. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the Stress-Fix Massage. It also makes us very happy to read that every meal at Essensia Restaurant was excellent. We truly appreciate your five-star review and cannot wait to welcome you back for another relaxing break in the future.
ST Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is now our third time at The Palms and every bit as good as the first two. It is a great location, close to the main south beach area. Cabs are easy to get and cheap (from $5-$8 each way for four of us)

We appreciate that it is not a large hotel it has more of a boutique hotel feel, the décor is beautiful and the onsite restaurant is excellent. They also have a small bar area and outdoor porch area with service
The pool is separate from the beach which from there you can not view the ocean however they also have comfortable beach chairs on the beach a beautiful view with food and beverage service at the beach as well as the pool area.
The rooms are small but we don't care when we visit we are out exploring only spending time to sleep and shower. The toilet is separate from the sink shower area which we like. This is the first time it has happened to us we had loud girls in the room next to us that woke us up each nite at 1 AM. We could have complained if we want and I know the front desk would take care of it but we chose not to.
Excellent service in all areas of this hotel. We will stay here again next year.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Aquavitgal,
Thank you so much for being our repeat Palms guests and for taking the time out of your day to inform us of your recent experience. We are thrilled to read of how great your stay was once again. We very much enjoyed reading through your summing up of all the hotel features, which made your stay relaxing and satisfying- from the great location, boutique hotel feel, beautiful décor, Essensia Restaurant, to the pool & beach area with their comfortable offerings, to the separate toilet/ shower guestroom layout, and the excellent service experienced in all areas of the hotel. Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back next year for another perfect Palms experience. I hope that you will contact me directly for reservation assistance alma@thepalmshotel.com
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I attended an outdoor wedding here last week and found that the hotel is in the direct flight path of Miami International Airport. Every 3 or 4 minutes a plane goes by drowning out the service and vows exchanged by the bride and groom. After a night of celebration we gave our valet ticket to the valet at the hotel, paid our $20 fee, and our car was delivered, running (of course). We jumped in and went home. We live approximately 35 miles from the hotel. Upon arrival at our house we discovered we were not given our valet key. We called immediately (around 11:00PM) and were told that yes, in fact they had the key. They never offered to return our key, so my husband said he would pick it up in the next day or two. When he went to pick it up, he was presented with a $40 bill stating that we somehow found our car in a lot we were not aware of and stole our own car! My husband of course said this this was not the case, and in fact requested a refund of our $20 valet fee since we never got our key back and had to retrieve it ourselves at our expense and inconvenience. The manager told home "no" because he had in fact received the valet service. Seriously? No apology, only an accusation. We are in our 50's and typically do not try to steal our own car to avoid a $20 valet fee. Horrible customer service. Will never go back and will never refer.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear s d,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience onsite. We find it extremely distressing to read your review. We can assure you that your experience is not the status quo at our property and that it is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. We find the service attitude you have described as unacceptable and contrary to the standards our property strives to maintain. We will be certain to follow up with onsite staff and ensure this does not happen again. We would appreciate it if you would give us the chance to change your perception of our property. Please contact me directly at alma@thepalmshotel.com I look forward to your email.
Sincerely
Giessen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed for two nights, for business, in January 2015.

I have now stayed at The Palms Hotel & Spa twice, both times for business. The grounds are very pretty, and the beach area and pool area are wonderful. The breakfast buffet is excellent, and the staff manning breakfast are also very kind and very professional. And, you can breakfast around the pool area, which looks very nice. The beach access is easy, and the staff are very friendly. I found the staff throughout my stay very polite, friendly, and efficient. I enjoyed the multi-lingual concierge. The free internet was very welcome.

I used the Hotel as a conference venue, and the conference facilities were excellent, well organised, and the eats and drinks nicely varied and definitely adequate.

I was less impressed with the room. First, the good stuff. The room was clean, and had nice "extras" like an espresso machine. Although, beware of the The bed was also very comfortable. Now for the problematic part. This hotel desperately needs water and sound insulation. The showers leak. Which means the bathroom is a pool of water after showering. If you like wearing socks in the room.... beware! However, the biggest problem was the noise insulation. Here, there were two problems: (i) street noise. I had a room on the fifth floor facing the street, on the south side of the building. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PART OF THE HOTEL. I might was well have slept on the street. Even with the windows tightly closed, I got every scooter, hooter, car, you name it. All the noise was in the room with me. (ii) room-next-door-noise. The walls are thin, and the beds are high, which means when your head is on your pillow, it lines up nicely with the wall-mounted TV in the room next door. If you have an inconsiderate neighbour who likes to play the TV loud late into the evening, you will have this sound track on your pillow.

One minor annoyance was check-in/check-out. The staff were very friendly and polite, but upn my arival, after getting off a fifteen-hour flight, I had to wait two hours in the looby for a room, after 4 pm. That was ok. This is hotel policy. But, I was a little irritated at check-out, when I enquired about a late checkout at 2 pm, and they demanded an extra US$100. Given my wait on check-in, I felt that the hotel could have been a little less extortionist.

In advance of checking in, I tried to call the hotel multiple times to organise an extra night. I was quite frustrated by endlessly getting locked into voice menus and being transferred to a reservatiosn department that never picked up. I recommend calling the concierge and asking them to make sure somebody at reservations will definitely pcik up, before spending forty euro translatlantic on telephone calls that go nowhere.

Nevertheless, overall a good spot on Miami Beach. But, watch the noise. Watch the prices. And given that this hotel is pretty pricy, make sure you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Do not stay below the fifth floor. Do not stay on the south side of the hotel. Do not stay in a stre...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear RoryMorty,
Thank you for being our repeat Palms guest and for providing us and the TripAdvisor community with your honest feedback of both your good and not so good impressions of our property following your recent visit. While we are glad to read you enjoyed the hotel grounds, excellent breakfast at Essensia, our conference venues, and foremost our polite, friendly, and efficient staff, it is to our regret to learn of the challenges you encountered while being our guest. Guestroom functionality is top priority along with addressing our guests concerns. We have sent our Engineering team to investigate further the room you stayed in to ensure everything is working properly as the bathroom shower door should close tightly not allowing any water to leak. I apologize for this inconvenience. We are always pleased to find the perfect room for each and every guest in order to exceed ones expectations, as we do offer guestrooms of all sizes with different views and locations throughout the hotel, from illuminating City Views to breathtaking Ocean Views and Balcony Suites, so that we can accommodate all of our guests unique preferences. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences giving us the opportunity to continue to improve on our services and would love to personally assist you with your reservations next time that your travels bring you back to Miami Beach. Please contact me when you’re ready to book at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Alma

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!