“Great bargain” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is very nice, clean and is perfect if you plan on spending a weekend at Miami beach. Everyone at the desk is very kind and they serve a super breakfast. The room was spacious and had plenty of storage room.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We went to a Gala on the beach and did not want to have to drive back to South Miami late at night after having a few drinks.

We are two middle aged couples.

We stayed at the The Palms - what a little gem. The service was very good. The rooms spacious.
we booked an Ocean Front room for $259,00 and the equivalent room at the Fountain Blue was well over $800.00.

The pool areas was very good with many areas for privacy provided by strategically placed plants and palms.

Sunday Brunch was indeed a pleasant surprise. For $24.00 it was very competitive with other South Beach Brunches particularly the one at the Ritz.

You can ask for a noon check out and leave your bag downstairs and then spend the rest of the afternoon either at the pool or on the beach which provides lounge chairs, towels, sun umbrellas and drink and food service.

The prices for this hotel are very competitive with out cutting corners.

Alas, nothing is perfect. The one down side was that the bar closed early and we were not able to purchase drinks after 1 a.m. Good thing that it was our friend's birthday and we had brought along two nice bottles of wine.

I will stay here again and highly recommend the place. Not the most luxurious but has everything you need in a good environment, at a good price and conveniently located, on 31st street and Collins Ave., which is close to all of the South Beach venues.

Room Tip: Ask for the Florida Resident discount.
Green Features: Silver level -Very conscious. Green Key Certified Temperature set to save energy Energy-efficient lightbulbs Non-toxic pest control Education for guests on green practices Organic toiletries
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

No problem really with the hotel itself. Clean and beautiful views the problem is with the staff. Seems like everyone at the front desk is still "in training". Had questions and issues with the bill and the manager frietz was never around when I asked to speak to him. Valet was slow had to wait awhile. I'm in costumer service myself and this hotel really needs to learn how to treat their guests. With so many hotels in Miami beach you really need to step it up. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend this hotel to family, friends or enemies.

• Stayed October 2014
Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We visited the Palms from the 10th of October till the 15th of October. Though the hotel was very nice, well maintained and the staff friendly we had some negative experiences. The parking fee was very high and to our big surprise the Palms booked the amount of about $ 200,- twice from my credit card. Luckily i checked my account directly after my return. I have to see my bank now for clarification.

Normally the hotel deserves a better rating. But this is really a game spoiler and should not happen.

Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Andreas W,
I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us about your recent stay. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our friendly staff but regret the misunderstanding concerning your credit card. I just want to clarify that the charge that you see double, which will disappear, is an authorization hold used as guarantee against your charges. I wish parking was more plentiful in this area; our $35 per night valet parking fee is in line with other local Miami Beach and South Beach properties. As a matter of fact our fee is less than most hotels in our competitive set. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your bill further please contact me at alma@thepalmshotel.com We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Palms Hotel & Spa the next time you visit Miami Beach.
Best wishes,
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A perfect hotel at reasonable prices, high standard, clean and above all quiet. Highly recommendable for a weekend at Miami Beach. Unfortunately we did not have time for the spa ;-)
The breakfast was of high quality and the staff were excellent.

Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear HenningA0713,
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to share with us your Palms experiences! I am elated to hear that you found our hotel to be the “perfect hotel” and hope next time that you stay with us you will have the opportunity to visit our AVEDA spa with its serene atmosphere inspired by nature. We look forward to your return visit!
Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent a week in that place ! It was awesome love it the
Staff was very friendly
Room a little bit small but well set for a short or Long stay and very clean
I enjoy the Yoga classes in the morning and of course the spa

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my second trip to The Palms. My first trip was a solo escape and I spent much of my time at the spa. This trip I brought my husband and our two sons. It was exactly as I remembered it. It is an absolutely beautiful hotel. My family spent 3 days at the pool and beach. Nester checked us in and was ver gracious and helpful.
The pool is heated. Not too warm but I frequently stay out of pools because the water is too cold. Not here, the water is perfect. The only thing I would change about the pool is the lounge chairs. They would be much more comfortable if they had a padded mat like the lounge chairs at the beach. Pool side service was great. Miguel took care of us each day.
We had an oceanview room and the view was spectacular. The rooms are small but very well appointed. I liked having the shower and toilet in separate rooms and having the two sinks. Water pressure in the shower could have been better but I understand they are trying to conserve water. The bedding was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough. It would have been nice to have more drawer space as most of the clothing we brought wasn't meant to be on hangers but we made do just fine. There is lots of storage space but most of it is for items on hangers. The charging station on the nightstand was perfect for all our devices.
The Essencia restaurant has amazing food but is pricey. Every meal for 4 was at least $100. We were able to use the Miami In card to get a discount on dinner, which helped a bit. Breakfast buffet was large enough to only need a small snack before dinner. I'm already missing my custom omelet by Guido each morning. Eating outside on the porch was my favorite. It's beautiful day and night.
The spa is amazing. I loved the comforting tea and the relaxation room. I had a blow out an hour before we left Miami. The day before I had a stress fix massage and elemental facial. Randi gave me the massage and she did a fantastic job. I highly recommend the spa. They also post spa specials out by the pool. I was able to save 25% on my massage and facial by wearing pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
We read reviews that said the wifi wasn't great but we had no problems with it.
Check out was smooth and fast. We came to this hotel to be taken care of and relax and that's exactly the experience we had. Hotel staff was great and our stay was over far too soon. I can't wait until we can return again.

Room Tip: Get an oceanview room. Apply for the Miami In card to get discounts at the restaurant and spa. Book...
Green Features: There might be an issue with the toilets if you are a larger person going #2. But the bathrooms near the pool have stronger flushes. It would be nice if they found a way to discreetly include a plunger in the rooms.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear DLettich,
What an absolute pleasure it was to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat guests! Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel and detailing every aspect of your Palms experience with us. We appreciate your sincerity and kind words for members of our dedicated team who helped make your stay truly memorable. I have personally thanked Miguel, Guido and Randi for their outstanding commitment to excellence! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect Palms experience.
Warm regards,
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!