“Double booking on my credit card. Be carefull.” 2 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3025 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #53 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany
“Double booking on my credit card. Be carefull.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We visited the Palms from the 10th of October till the 15th of October. Though the hotel was very nice, well maintained and the staff friendly we had some negative experiences. The parking fee was very high and to our big surprise the Palms booked the amount of about $ 200,- twice from my credit card. Luckily i checked my account directly after my return. I have to see my bank now for clarification.

Normally the hotel deserves a better rating. But this is really a game spoiler and should not happen.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A perfect hotel at reasonable prices, high standard, clean and above all quiet. Highly recommendable for a weekend at Miami Beach. Unfortunately we did not have time for the spa ;-)
The breakfast was of high quality and the staff were excellent.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I spent a week in that place ! It was awesome love it the
Staff was very friendly
Room a little bit small but well set for a short or Long stay and very clean
I enjoy the Yoga classes in the morning and of course the spa

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my second trip to The Palms. My first trip was a solo escape and I spent much of my time at the spa. This trip I brought my husband and our two sons. It was exactly as I remembered it. It is an absolutely beautiful hotel. My family spent 3 days at the pool and beach. Nester checked us in and was ver gracious and helpful.
The pool is heated. Not too warm but I frequently stay out of pools because the water is too cold. Not here, the water is perfect. The only thing I would change about the pool is the lounge chairs. They would be much more comfortable if they had a padded mat like the lounge chairs at the beach. Pool side service was great. Miguel took care of us each day.
We had an oceanview room and the view was spectacular. The rooms are small but very well appointed. I liked having the shower and toilet in separate rooms and having the two sinks. Water pressure in the shower could have been better but I understand they are trying to conserve water. The bedding was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough. It would have been nice to have more drawer space as most of the clothing we brought wasn't meant to be on hangers but we made do just fine. There is lots of storage space but most of it is for items on hangers. The charging station on the nightstand was perfect for all our devices.
The Essencia restaurant has amazing food but is pricey. Every meal for 4 was at least $100. We were able to use the Miami In card to get a discount on dinner, which helped a bit. Breakfast buffet was large enough to only need a small snack before dinner. I'm already missing my custom omelet by Guido each morning. Eating outside on the porch was my favorite. It's beautiful day and night.
The spa is amazing. I loved the comforting tea and the relaxation room. I had a blow out an hour before we left Miami. The day before I had a stress fix massage and elemental facial. Randi gave me the massage and she did a fantastic job. I highly recommend the spa. They also post spa specials out by the pool. I was able to save 25% on my massage and facial by wearing pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
We read reviews that said the wifi wasn't great but we had no problems with it.
Check out was smooth and fast. We came to this hotel to be taken care of and relax and that's exactly the experience we had. Hotel staff was great and our stay was over far too soon. I can't wait until we can return again.

Room Tip: Get an oceanview room. Apply for the Miami In card to get discounts at the restaurant and spa. Book...
Green Features: There might be an issue with the toilets if you are a larger person going #2. But the bathrooms near the pool have stronger flushes. It would be nice if they found a way to discreetly include a plunger in the rooms.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear DLettich,
What an absolute pleasure it was to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat guests! Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel and detailing every aspect of your Palms experience with us. We appreciate your sincerity and kind words for members of our dedicated team who helped make your stay truly memorable. I have personally thanked Miguel, Guido and Randi for their outstanding commitment to excellence! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect Palms experience.
Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have to say I was so excited to come to this hotel, but was a bit disappointed. I came to celebrate my mother's 60th birthday and had done extensive research and even emailed the hotel in advance; however, my "oceanfront" rooms were not that "oceanfront". I saw more of the parking lot. This was an expensive and extremely important trip and I was very disappointed in the two rooms we booked. See the pictures. Please note that the hotel is beautiful, the spa is great, but the beach was full of rocks.

Pros-Absolutely great customer service (I may not have been happy with the rooms, but the staff was super sweet), beautiful pool, wonderful gardens to walk through and relax in, great full-service spa that is serene, great amenities in the rooms, rain showers in the bathroom, and the Essensia restaurant has great food.

Cons-DO NOT get the connecting oceanfront rooms (they are on the side of the building with a view of the parking lot and the construction of the building next door), restaurant and spa are very expensive (but ask for discounts), there is nothing to see or do within walking distance (however, a cab ride to Lincoln Road is inexpensive because it is fairly close; but don't drive your car to this great area for eating, shopping, or sight seeing because there is limited parking), valet parking is $35/day unless you self-park on the street (there is not a lot of street parking and it is metered), and in-room dining is good but very expensive.

Room Tip: Do not get the oceanfront connecting rooms because they are all on the side of the building with a v...
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly hotel. Water saving toilets, Eco-friendly products, and other Eco-friendly processes.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay with us and choosing to celebrate such a special event as your mother’s 60th birthday at the Palms Hotel & Spa. I appreciate the positive comments and highlights of your stay with regards to our friendly staff, beautiful grounds and guest amenities / offerings. Unfortunately, I regret to hear that you were disappointed with the view from your connecting rooms. We are always pleased to find the perfect room for each and every guest in order to exceed ones expectations, as we do offer guestrooms of all sizes with different views and locations throughout the hotel, so that we can accommodate all of our guests unique preferences. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to find that perfect room for your next stay. Hopefully we may have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back once again as our guest in the near future. Please contact me directly at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel on a couples trip. My husband and I met another couple there for their 10 year anniversary. My husband and I arrived at the hotel early, so our room wasn't ready. We ended up upgrading to get an ocean view room, and to go to our room early. The view was great with the floor to ceiling windows. I liked that the room appeared to be redone. The bathroom was neat, it had a separate toilet with sink attached, and the shower and another sink were a bit down the hall. I liked it. The bed was comfy, and the room was cleaned everyday. The breakfast buffet was good, but very pricey. We enjoyed the beach one day and the margarita pitcher is the best deal in town, especially if the make it right, you only need one. I liked the pool area. We went to this cuban place to eat down the street for breakfast twice, and it was only okay. They are super, extra slow, but not that pricey. So, which ever one is the lesser of two evils I guess. I think, I'd rather have better food.

We went out in south beach one night, and also to Lincoln rd one day to shop, and one night to eat dinner. We took taxi everywhere, which wasn't too bad since we were splitting it with friends. It was a good time.

The hotel was nice, I don't know if I would stay again, but that is just because I like to try new places when I visit somewhere a second time. I wasn't totally blown away by this hotel, but I don't have any huge complaints about it either.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lovejonesin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us at The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our guestrooms. I am glad you experienced the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and enjoyed the offerings and amenities in the room. I do hope next time your travels bring you back to Miami Beach that you will stay with us again to experience another flawlessly relaxing stay.
glendale, ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you walk along the boardwalk you can peak at the grounds of all ocean front hotels. Nothing anywhere near the price point came close. Public spaces are lovely, and midweek drink specials limit the generally high cost of SoBe beverages. Seven dollar drink and food specials with service on the beach is a delight. The main bar also has half price drink and food specials. As is common in the area, rooms are small. The quoted size of the ocean view rooms as 330-380 feet seems high. A nice Cuban restaurant, the Tropical Beach Cafe is a block away and offers an inexpensive and tasty option. Service was consistently good.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so very much for your absolutely lovely review. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed our lush tropical and breathtaking seaside landscape of our pool and beach areas and our magnificent guest amenities/offerings. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again and again as our valued repeat guest. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with future bookings as it would be my pleasure to assist you and look after your stays.
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!