“A Miami Gem” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“A Miami Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hotel personnel (from front desk, concierge, restaurant, and housekeeping staff) have mastered the art of customer service. Waiters remember your cocktail of choice and favorite wine upon return to the dining room. The concierge can find you a rental car at 7:00 p.m. when you learn that you must meet your fishing guide at 5:00 a.m. and he's 90 minutes away. Poolside and beachside attendants bring you frozen grapes and lemon water to ward off the heat of the day. And housekeeping makes sure that you have an ample supply of toiletries to wash the salt away from your day at the private beach. Rooms are large and well appointed, and the grounds are lush with flowers and palms. Essensia Restaurant is renowned for farm to table delights seasoned with fresh herbs from the chef's onsite garden. All in all, a delightful place for a relaxing weekend or an extended stay.

Room Tip: Ocean views are the best
Green Features: The Palms is a GreenLeader Silver level hotel. Grounds are kept with native plants. Towels and in-room robes are refreshed only by request, and energy efficient appliances and water conservation are part of the program.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

1,079 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As a 40 something (I say that to put my comments the proper perspective). I typically stay at enormous all inclusive resorts with everything from nightclubs, on site boutiques, fitness classes to lots of spring break style planned poolside events. I started to feel like I was forcing myself to experience all of the above as opposed to simply enjoying my vacation and maintaining a flexible schedule. After my last trip, I knew I wanted to experience something different. I did not realize that this would be what I was missing on vacation. The resort is rather small and has everything you would need to relax and unwind without being herded around like cattle. If you are looking for a party spot and/or an itinerary with endless resort provided entertainment then you may want to move on. To my surprise, I found this place to be rather quaint and quiet. The staff was extremely attentive and the rooms very comfortable and clean. I felt as if I were close enough to nightlife and restaurants that I didn't have to miss that part of Miami. Just to test myself I visited the Fountainblue which is nearby and after a few hours I was ready to return to this peaceful retreat. I would certainly recommend this hotel for those who want to set the tone and pace of their Miami experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear JoycePSU,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa. I am happy to read that you were ‘pleasantly surprised’ and look forward to welcoming you back next time that your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was our second stay at The Palms. We were greeted at the door with our room key and the staff acknowledged that we were returning guests. It was quite a special touch! We stayed in a balcony room on the top floor. The room was impeccably clean and neat. The view is spectacular. The location is an easy walk to the hustle and bustle of South Beach, but far enough away that you can really relax if you want to. The food is fresh and delicious, and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We will be back!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lormel,
What an absolute pleasure it was to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat Palms guests! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed Essensia’s farm to table natural cuisine and thank you for acknowledging our friendly and accommodating staff! We look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect Palms experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Everything was very nice. The rooms are clean and big enough. The breakfast-buffet was very good, you can found everything you need, even a cook, where you could order fresh waffels and omlets. Service was nice aswell. The Pool area is a bit small but ok. There are no balconies so it is difficult to dry the bathing suits, but fresh beach towels are daily provided by the hotel. The beach was not crowded and quiet because it is not too close to Ocean Drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Anita C,
Thank you for being our recent guests and for your lovely comments regarding our delicious breakfasts at Essensia and your overall experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa. We hope to welcome you back next time that your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed five nights at this hotel in Miami Beach. I had an ocean view room which was adequately sized and nicely appointed. Comfy beds, nice linens and very nice service. The beach in this area is very nice- not nearly as crazy as South Beach. Service overall was quite good, though in my opinion the restaurant is overrated. I found the food overall to be no more than adequate despite the hype of their organic and healthy cuisine. Be aware that there are large buildings on either side of the hotel under total renovation so there's lots of noise from early morning to late in the day. I know it's not the hotel's fault but it was distracting. Even so, I would certainly consider returning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear James909,
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to share with us your Palms experiences! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would certainly consider returning. I would love to assist you with the details of any future reservation, please contact me directly alma@thepalmshotel.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

My husband & I had the ocean front king room. The view was amazing. But everything in our room was lopsided from the lamps to the theramstat. We fixed the theramstat but the lamp was broke. After the house keepers cleaned your room you would see they didn't vacuum nor did they sweep the restroom floors. The food was overpriced & so was the beverages in the refreshment cooler. The wifi didn't work at all and they said we pay for it in the resort fee. When I went to use to hotel computer you had to pay $7.95 for a 15 min session. That's ridiculous. So I don't think we will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to read that the view from your room was amazing but regret to hear of the inconvenience you experienced. Guestroom functionality and cleanliness are top priority along with addressing our guests concerns and continuing to listen to our guests’ feedback as a means to continually improve. I would love to speak with you personally if you would kindly contact me at 305-908-5477 or alma@thepalmshotel.com
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was only in Miami for one night, on a stop over from the UK to Belize. I needed somewhere that gave me instant access to the beach & relatively relaxing. The rooms in this hotel are lovely - a little dark if you're staying in a "City View" room. I enquired at reception if the hotel was full that day (it wasn't) so I requested that we move to a room on the same floor, with a Sea view instead. I was told I could but it would cost us another $50 each. That was unnecessary.

Within an hour of being in the hotel & wandering down for a drink, the lifts stopped working. Not just one lift, but every lift throughout the whole building. This meant that having a room on the 5th floor, we were walking up & down the emergency staircases, with other travellers.

This wasn't fixed by the time I had to go up to change for dinner (and come back down) ... and this STILL wasn't fixed when we came in from dinner much later in the evening, and once again had to attempt the 5 flights of stairs. I must've done this journey about 4 times in one evening.

This isn't the service I expect from such a highly rated hotel, especially when the hotel were not willing to offer us anything for our troubles, the next morning upon check out. Maybe a free breakfast between the Two us would've made the departing guests a little more satisfied?

Room Tip: City Rooms don't have much of a view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for being our recent guest and for taking the time to review your stay. It is unfortunate that there was a major lightning storm which caused all of our lifts to stop working the night of your stay. Our engineering team was diligently working on the issue and I assure you that our staff was genuinely concerned about the inconvenience the storm might have caused. Should your travels bring you back to the Miami Beach area in the future, I hope you will contact me directly (alma@thepalmshotel.com) so I may assist you personally with making your arrangements and ensuring a flawless guestroom experience and relaxing, tranquil and more memorable Palms stay.
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!