“Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Everything was very nice. The rooms are clean and big enough. The breakfast-buffet was very good, you can found everything you need, even a cook, where you could order fresh waffels and omlets. Service was nice aswell. The Pool area is a bit small but ok. There are no balconies so it is difficult to dry the bathing suits, but fresh beach towels are daily provided by the hotel. The beach was not crowded and quiet because it is not too close to Ocean Drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1,073 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed five nights at this hotel in Miami Beach. I had an ocean view room which was adequately sized and nicely appointed. Comfy beds, nice linens and very nice service. The beach in this area is very nice- not nearly as crazy as South Beach. Service overall was quite good, though in my opinion the restaurant is overrated. I found the food overall to be no more than adequate despite the hype of their organic and healthy cuisine. Be aware that there are large buildings on either side of the hotel under total renovation so there's lots of noise from early morning to late in the day. I know it's not the hotel's fault but it was distracting. Even so, I would certainly consider returning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband & I had the ocean front king room. The view was amazing. But everything in our room was lopsided from the lamps to the theramstat. We fixed the theramstat but the lamp was broke. After the house keepers cleaned your room you would see they didn't vacuum nor did they sweep the restroom floors. The food was overpriced & so was the beverages in the refreshment cooler. The wifi didn't work at all and they said we pay for it in the resort fee. When I went to use to hotel computer you had to pay $7.95 for a 15 min session. That's ridiculous. So I don't think we will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to read that the view from your room was amazing but regret to hear of the inconvenience you experienced. Guestroom functionality and cleanliness are top priority along with addressing our guests concerns and continuing to listen to our guests’ feedback as a means to continually improve. I would love to speak with you personally if you would kindly contact me at 305-908-5477 or alma@thepalmshotel.com
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was only in Miami for one night, on a stop over from the UK to Belize. I needed somewhere that gave me instant access to the beach & relatively relaxing. The rooms in this hotel are lovely - a little dark if you're staying in a "City View" room. I enquired at reception if the hotel was full that day (it wasn't) so I requested that we move to a room on the same floor, with a Sea view instead. I was told I could but it would cost us another $50 each. That was unnecessary.

Within an hour of being in the hotel & wandering down for a drink, the lifts stopped working. Not just one lift, but every lift throughout the whole building. This meant that having a room on the 5th floor, we were walking up & down the emergency staircases, with other travellers.

This wasn't fixed by the time I had to go up to change for dinner (and come back down) ... and this STILL wasn't fixed when we came in from dinner much later in the evening, and once again had to attempt the 5 flights of stairs. I must've done this journey about 4 times in one evening.

This isn't the service I expect from such a highly rated hotel, especially when the hotel were not willing to offer us anything for our troubles, the next morning upon check out. Maybe a free breakfast between the Two us would've made the departing guests a little more satisfied?

Room Tip: City Rooms don't have much of a view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for being our recent guest and for taking the time to review your stay. It is unfortunate that there was a major lightning storm which caused all of our lifts to stop working the night of your stay. Our engineering team was diligently working on the issue and I assure you that our staff was genuinely concerned about the inconvenience the storm might have caused. Should your travels bring you back to the Miami Beach area in the future, I hope you will contact me directly (alma@thepalmshotel.com) so I may assist you personally with making your arrangements and ensuring a flawless guestroom experience and relaxing, tranquil and more memorable Palms stay.
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very nice eco-friendly boutique hotel with great service and hospitality, but keep make sure you do the math. The bill had a lot of errors, and if you book under a special promotion, you NEED to make sure everything is being honored. They did make the corrections but made no "amends".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dori H,
It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our recent guests at The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the great service and hospitality but apologize for the inconvenience that you may have experienced with your bill. I do hope when your travels bring you back to Miami Beach that you will stay with us again for a flawlessly relaxing and memorable stay!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and I stayed at the Palms for over a week as a part of wedding group.
The front desk clerk at check greeted us with a smile, he was helpful and polite, gave us dining tips and even upgraded to a bigger room.
The entire hotel staff, from housekeepers to breakfast hostesses was just as hospitable during our stay. As a bridesmaid I endured a lot of stress on the day of the wedding and every employee showed patience and high professionalism handling the situation.
Separate thanks to bartenders of the indoor bar for their sense of humor and ability to accommodate our craziest requests at late hour.
Definitely will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Absolutely awful experience!!! Had stayed at mandarin oriental on prior trip and am heading back!!! This establishment lacks even the smallest resemblance to a high end resort! Customer service gets two thumbs down! Hidden fees everywhere and a crappy, loud location!:/// Please spare yourself the trouble of and find someplace where you can be welcomed with a smile and feel relaxed on your vacation! This is NOT IT!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Elderby8,
I regret to hear that this was your experience and I would love the opportunity to discuss with you further the details of your stay. We feel every guest should depart the Palms with an overall sense of satisfaction, enjoyment and general feeling that their stay and expectations were exceeded in every way possible and that the value they received was of great significance to warrant their loyalty and repeat business. I sincerely apologize this was not your experience. Kindly contact me at alma@thepalmshotel.com I look forward to your correspondence.
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!