“First Class all the way” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3025 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #55 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“First Class all the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Went on a seven day cruise and extended my vacation for 2 nights at the Palms Hotel and Spa in South Beach. From the time I got out of the transportation shuttle to check-in was a breeze! Absolutely no problems at all. Got the room key and went up to the 7th floor and was not disappointed by the room. Very nice and whether you had an ocean view or city view it was a great place to stay.

Went outside and the pool area is marvelous. There is a tiki hut outside where it is a bar. They have servers go around taking orders. In the evening there was a wedding outside and the property was set up beautifully for this event.

I definitely would go back. Everyone and everything was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to share with us your Palms experiences! I am very happy to hear that your stay was absolutely flawless and we look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
The Palms Hotel & Spa

1,062 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was our fourth visit in 3 yrs and the best one. After several small niggles on our last trip Nov 2013, we were unsure about returning, but so glad we did. There was a distinct overall improvement in all areas of the hotel: Service seemed more "slick", there were new beachbeds with very compfy foam tops; new towels replacing worn and faded ones: the outdoor bar area, now with subtle addition of tv's is much more convivial as well.

I usually book on Expedia but when I queried the rate direct with the hotel, they immediately offered me a "returning customer" rate which was slightly better. I advised we were arriving early, 10.30 am, and understood they couldn't guarantee a room then but it would be appreciated. As soon as we gave our name at reception they had the key ready! Nothing was too much trouble from laundry being collected within 2 minutes of request to the concierge checking us onto our return flight rather than me doing it in the business centre. I had a small complaint about the umbrellas not being up on the beach one day and Jeff, the beach manager, spoke with me straight away to explain why (too windy).

If you want a hotel a little away from the hustle and bustle of the very centre of South Beach, with a relaxed Colonial feel and not too much of the "trend above comfort" feel, then I would highly recommend The Palms. It's a 5 minute cab ride to Lincoln Road/Espanola Way/South Beach and you can stroll back along the boardwalk, 25 mins from Lincoln Road.

I completely disagree with previous comments on rude staff. To be honest with such a lovely pool area, beach service and South Miami on your door step why would you want to spend most of the time in your room!

Overall a top place for a 4/5 day Miami vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
We are absolutely elated to hear that we have gained your loyalty as our valued repeat guests and truly appreciate your lovely comments and overall experiences shared. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Palms Hotel & Spa again and again!
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed there in January. The hotel is very nice! Rooms are modern and very clean! Pool area i very tropical and relaxing.
Breakfast is nice.
The hotel needs on thing - MORE MUSIC IN BAR!!!! better live music... in the evening its quite boring.

Thank you!!!

Room Tip: the Higher the better!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa! We appreciate your feedback and kind words regarding our hotel. We all look forward to your return visit!
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The facility itself was beautiful. My only con would be there is not a designated outside smoking area. My suggestion is make an area outside for smokers and inform them to use it. For us non smokers we are forced to head indoors to stay clear of the clouds of smoke

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was by far the worst hotel experience ever!
The only positive is the access to the beach....

The rooms are tiny, the staff unfriendly, they charge you for anything and everything - they might just start charging guests for breathing!

They didn't know what a bottle sterilizer was

The toilet door didn't even shut properly.

Staff is rude

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Aditi192,
I am truly disappointed to hear about your recent visit and that this was your experience. We do sincerely value all of our guests and each individual perspective and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. I would love the opportunity to discuss your individual stay and experiences with you personally, if you would contact me directly at 305-908-5477 or via email at alma@thepalmshotel.com. Thank you.
Sincerest regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel. It was impeccable - everything was so perfectly done. The employees were happy and helpful, the rooms were clean, and the outdoor was gorgeous and exotic. Even at times where the experience could have gone south, like when we arrived EARLY for check in and our rooms weren't prepared, they gave us complimentary vouchers for wine while we waited. I loved how relaxed and calm the hotel staff was. They really looked like they enjoyed working there and that made ma very happy.

Slightly expensive drinks but there is a liquor store on the corner and the rooms are rather small for my taste but definitely comfortable.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have natural light but ask for the higher rooms for the best lighting. The elevato...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to read that you absolutely loved your stay! Much appreciation for your kind words regarding our property and happy and helpful employees. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and again!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Visited miami beach to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday. Since I had never visited miami I had to do a lot of reseach to find a hotel that i liked and meet my requirement of price, food, short distance to beach, beach service, no pets, and with a tropical setting and feel. The Palm hotels has all this and more! The food at Essensia was fabulous especially the duck sliders, kale salad, local snapper, paella, bottom line try essensia the food and service was excellent. I can't remember the waiter name but he had table 61. His service as well as all the wait staff that we encountered provided outstanding service. We were impressed that the pictures on the website actually look like the property. The property is a small hotel unlike large chain
hotel but the palm hotel has made excellent use of space and you never feel crowded and it has all the amenities of a large hotel. The room was quite comfortable and the view fabulous. I woke one morning in time to see the sun rise. My brother in law and sister joined us at the hotel for a long weekend and he said the beds were very comfortable. Also I think it was a nice touch to have the state or country were the staff is from on there name badge. My husband speaks multiple languages and enjoyed speaking with the staff. The spa, concierge, wait, front desk and beach staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

r

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so very much for your absolutely lovely review and for detailing every aspect of your guest experience with us at the Palms. I am thrilled to read that you found Essensia Restaurant fabulous! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and again as our valued repeat guest. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with future bookings as it would be my pleasure to assist you and look after your stays.
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!