“Pure Tropical Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Pure Tropical Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon, in which we traveled around Florida. From the minute we walked into the lobby it was like being transported to a tropical island. The room was perfectly decorated and was cleaned to such a high standard!
The pool facilities were brilliant, the pool itself was large and clean and when not soaking ourselves we availed of the comfy loungers which there are plenty of. We had food by the pool and it was amazing as well as the service by the pool staff.
One of the days whilst sitting by the pool, we encountered a couple of beautiful Green Iguana's which I'm told are regulars here. They didn't bother anybody other than cooling themselves down from the hot Miami sun. And the hotels Birds are really beautiful!
At this end of the beach, which is the quieter end there is a lot of construction work going on close by but it never bothered us and there was very little noise if any!
My wife used the spa facilities (had a mani/pedi) and was delighted with herself afterwards.
We got a room service a couple of nights and the food was so tasty!
The staff were really courteous and helpful!
It is a decent walk but nice walk to the center of the action of South Beach but Taxi rides are less than $10.

All in all this place is pure serenity, absolutely PERFECT!

Room Tip: Beach Facing on a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear nymco,
It was a pleasure to have had you as our guests and thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our beautiful property, clean rooms, pool, lush gardens, delicious food, and courteous and helpful staff! I am very glad to read that your stay was absolutely perfect! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

972 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I hate to say we were not able to stay at this resort due to extreme cancellations at the airport because of snow. However, even though it was the day we were to arrive, the reservations department, namely Gio, made our serious disappointment a little better by being so helpful.
I will definitely plan to stay at The Palms again because of the customer service,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Jane W,
I am sorry to hear that you didn’t get to stay due to the snow! I sure hope you are able to visit soon and enjoy our beautiful gardens, pool, beach, Aveda Spa and Essensia Restaurant. Thank you for reviewing your reservation process and I am glad to read that Gio was very helpful. I will definitely share with her your feedback. When you are ready to book your stay, please contact us directly so we can handle the details of your reservation.
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We just returned from our 4th stay at The Palms, which is now becoming our go-to winter getaway. As before, we had an excellent experience. It actually seemed as if service had been stepped up a bit from previous visits - not that we've ever had a complaint. But we were definitely greeted with more "How can I help you's?" and "Is there anything you need?" than we have been in the past. The only quibble concerned housekeeping; the first night there we had some chips and candy from the minibar, as well as the bottled water, but these were never replenished during our stay.

But as I said, this is just a quibble. Once again we relaxed on the beach, availing ourselves of the great service from the Tiki Bar. When we didn't feel like trekking down to the beach (which is quite a hike to and from the bathrooms), we relaxed near the pool. The grounds are as always - lush and private, a secluded little paradise. There were two large corporate gatherings during our stay, as well as several weddings, but these never impacted our vacation, except for one night when the patio lounge was taken over by a reception. These kinds of events are par for the course, though, for a resort like the Palms. There is quite a lot of construction going on up and down Miami Beach, and yes, you will hear it, no matter where you stay. But we felt that the noise was less than it had been a year ago, when the building to the south of the Palms was still going up. And if you want to avoid construction noise completely, stay on a weekend. Now that the next door building is almost complete, we didn't hear as much drilling and pounding. But the area is undergoing so much of a renaissance in building, there's no avoiding it. Walking up and down Collins is a bit of a challenge, it's been overtaken by so many construction sites - but of course, this will be a boom to the local economy.

We ate at Essensia and then in the lounge a couple of times, and the other evenings we ventured out - once to the Betsy, and another night to the Fountainbleau. Both were cheap, quick taxi rides, and it's always interesting to experience a more hectic, South Beach kind of vibe. But we were always grateful to return to the quiet, tranquil Palms. And we'll be back next year!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor, city view. It was fairly quiet; only occasionally were we aware of the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had my bachelorette lunch at the essence restaurant and it was amazing, food incredible, the service five start, the attention, the decorations, everything was perfect. I recommended it to everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Winnisquam, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I arrived @ 10pm via a cab that only took cash (the driver did not advise me, so be aware of this in MIA). The desk clerk referred me to its ATM which was out of order. I returned to the desk clerk who referred to her manager in a room behind the desk. They referred me to the hotel next door which didn't have an ATM and referred me back to The Palms. The desk clerk (and her manager who never came from the office) referred me to the hotel across the street which had an operable ATM. During these encounters, they told me they could not help me with cash. It took @ least a day for the ATM at The Palms to be operable.

While I was pursuing the ATM, the Bell left my bags unattended. I brought them to the desk who didn't take them in back, but left them in front of the desk while I was chasing ATMs.

Due to illegible handwriting by the desk clerk, my first effort to go to my room brought me to a room that was occupied. I had to return to the desk to clarify my room #.

At the lobby bar, I had two glasses of house wine and an appetizer for $60 (also, in-room bottles of water were $6.95, and the floor ice machine was out of order throughout the 4-day stay).

For $255 per night, and a repeat visitor, I expect more. The manager didnot advocate for me and didn't extend to assist me. Sorry to see, I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room. I was a repeat visitor and was placed street side.
Green Features: The Palms gets environmental/green from my ability to see.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I moved to this hotel last minute after a disappointing first booking at another hotel along South Beach.

The hotel was lovely the moment you stop foot through the door. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The restaurant and outside pool area is well designed with small areas within the grounds which mean you can hide away with a good book.

I would pay the additional cost for the beach view it's well worth it.

The beds are big and high which I love and feels quality. I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel and I'm definitely booking again for my next visit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

From the moment you walk in the front doors, you can feel the wonderful beach ambiance. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. I got to my room and the turn down service had been completed. Robes, slippers, chocolate. There was a personalized letter thanking me for my stay, along with 2 Eco friendly shopping bags. The room was peaceful and very nicely decorated. The back patio was amazing. The restaurant food was very good. I travel on business 3 times a month and stay in many hotels. This hotel was definitely one of the nicest I have experienced and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!