“Quaint quiet community” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Anchorage
“Quaint quiet community”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I am a single conservative lady, and found the accommodations secure, safe, wonderful, close to the beach. Fabulous courtyard and pool. City bus system is an economic way to see city. $4.50 per day for bus pass. Can ride train or bus from airport. Restaurant in hotel is $$ for entrees.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

They try and try but cannot get anything right. The front desk staff is quite rude and unaccommodating. Very focused on getting your money and nothing else. Not friendly at all either. Does not make the guest feel welcome, rather its like they are doing you a favor. The level of staff and professionalism is quite low (think inexperienced kids working at the hotel). Rooms are ok, dank and older building. New carpeting and bathrooms but its evident that it was a cheap renovation. Pool area is dirty, birds swimming in the pool. Again, goal is to sell you drinks, not make you comfortable. I travel all over the world and expect more. If it was $150 a night it would be fine, but not the rate they are charging. Stay away, there is much better accomadation to bne had in Miami.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last February but new to posting here
We stayed here for a week stay away from northern snow for our honeymoon - well we are both mid 50s- our room very clean comfy nice touches champagne even
The beach gorgeous!
We had breakfast room service a few times very good
Service on beach excellent!
I had an aveda spa it was great very relaxing
The lounge was nice!
The fresh squeezed OJ screwdrivers delicious!
We will be back!
Service was great very impressive
The Birds beautiful
Clean property
Nice to walk into town via board walk
Beach was clean
Breakfast buffet huge and tasty!
Our week weather was great in February
Spa very nice - clean
Overall great
The only negative would be the bar closed 10 minutes early one night and we wanted a nightcap!
The guys working the beach VERY attentive!! Treated great!!

• Stayed February 2013
West Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for five days with my family. The hotel in general has nice view and beautiful garden. The problem I have is with the management is that I reserve a family package that includes a daily breakfast however when I return back home I notice that the hotel charged my credit card more than the final balance in the check-out statement. When I called them I find out that the hotel charged me a daily breakfast for my kids for five days although my rate package include breakfast. No one told me that I have to pay for my kids when I check-in I think it is unfair to add the charge after I check-out and it should be clear that the rate does not include your kids.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear aalmutai,
Thank you for being our recent guests at the Palms Hotel & Spa and for your positive comments regarding our property and gardens. We regret to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience at the hotel. I just want to clarify that after reviewing your reservation, it looks as if your booking was made for 1 adult in the room, hence the pricing change of adding your wife and kids once you checked in. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach we may have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to The Palms.
Please contact me directly (alma@thepalmshotel.com) for any future reservations or assistance you may need.
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I'm a travel professional and stay at hotels all around the world. Sometimes you come across something that you think everyone should have the privilege to experience and The Palms Hotel & Spa is one of these things. From staff to room, general space, food and beautiful garden exude quality and elegance at it's best. With it's location on the beach just beside South Beach but still just a short walk to Ocean Drive and Lincoln road it makes it a perfect stay for whatever reason you are in Miami. Go there, stay there and do not miss all the delicious interior details this hotel presents that makes it so special. Together with five other hotels, all in different continents, it's the best stay I've had.

Room Tip: #802, a great room with possibilities to a connecting door room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kolding, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I just had a GREAT stay at The Palms. Rooms are very good, service is among the best I have seen in The US, super breakfast and nice bars and restaurants. Only a short walk to South Beach. The garden is one you don't find at other hotels in Miami.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hove
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The advantage of staying here is that the hotel has pretty gardens and direct beach access. But its a couple of miles from South Beach and you need to take taxis which are scarce at busy times, the bus or walk. Our room was comfortable and overlooking the city. The bathroom was small but well equipped with good products. However the net window curtains needed to be replaced as they were splitting along the creases. We had snacks by the pool, the bar and in our room, all of which were good. The pool is a good size and the area around is divided into a number of areas to sunbathe. The hotel is designed for families, so not quiet and has weddings at the weekends. There is also a beach area by the ocean with sunbeds and umbrellas. There is a boardwalk which goes right down to South Beach between the hotel and beach. Our problem was on the last day, we got back from lunch to find our room had not been made up and we wanted to relax there as the weather had gotten cloudy and cool. Despite two requests to the reception, a conversation with the housekeeper and a call to the manager nothing was done. At 5.30 a maid arrived to turn down the bed! She made up the room. The manager did not get back to us at all, no-one apologised nor make any reparation. So overall a good midrange.beach hotel but based on our experience it can't cope with problems, so consider that when making your selection in Miami. And breakfast is extra.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor ocean view room and go to south beach for breakfast. The hotel Victor does a v...
Green Features: Towels and bedding are replaced every three days unless you ask for it to be done more frequently.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!