“Overall a wonderful experience will Be back loved it” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3025 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #54 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
“Overall a wonderful experience will Be back loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last February but new to posting here
We stayed here for a week stay away from northern snow for our honeymoon - well we are both mid 50s- our room very clean comfy nice touches champagne even
The beach gorgeous!
We had breakfast room service a few times very good
Service on beach excellent!
I had an aveda spa it was great very relaxing
The lounge was nice!
The fresh squeezed OJ screwdrivers delicious!
We will be back!
Service was great very impressive
The Birds beautiful
Clean property
Nice to walk into town via board walk
Beach was clean
Breakfast buffet huge and tasty!
Our week weather was great in February
Spa very nice - clean
Overall great
The only negative would be the bar closed 10 minutes early one night and we wanted a nightcap!
The guys working the beach VERY attentive!! Treated great!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
West Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for five days with my family. The hotel in general has nice view and beautiful garden. The problem I have is with the management is that I reserve a family package that includes a daily breakfast however when I return back home I notice that the hotel charged my credit card more than the final balance in the check-out statement. When I called them I find out that the hotel charged me a daily breakfast for my kids for five days although my rate package include breakfast. No one told me that I have to pay for my kids when I check-in I think it is unfair to add the charge after I check-out and it should be clear that the rate does not include your kids.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear aalmutai,
Thank you for being our recent guests at the Palms Hotel & Spa and for your positive comments regarding our property and gardens. We regret to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience at the hotel. I just want to clarify that after reviewing your reservation, it looks as if your booking was made for 1 adult in the room, hence the pricing change of adding your wife and kids once you checked in. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach we may have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to The Palms.
Please contact me directly (alma@thepalmshotel.com) for any future reservations or assistance you may need.
Warm regards,
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I'm a travel professional and stay at hotels all around the world. Sometimes you come across something that you think everyone should have the privilege to experience and The Palms Hotel & Spa is one of these things. From staff to room, general space, food and beautiful garden exude quality and elegance at it's best. With it's location on the beach just beside South Beach but still just a short walk to Ocean Drive and Lincoln road it makes it a perfect stay for whatever reason you are in Miami. Go there, stay there and do not miss all the delicious interior details this hotel presents that makes it so special. Together with five other hotels, all in different continents, it's the best stay I've had.

Room Tip: #802, a great room with possibilities to a connecting door room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kolding, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I just had a GREAT stay at The Palms. Rooms are very good, service is among the best I have seen in The US, super breakfast and nice bars and restaurants. Only a short walk to South Beach. The garden is one you don't find at other hotels in Miami.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hove
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The advantage of staying here is that the hotel has pretty gardens and direct beach access. But its a couple of miles from South Beach and you need to take taxis which are scarce at busy times, the bus or walk. Our room was comfortable and overlooking the city. The bathroom was small but well equipped with good products. However the net window curtains needed to be replaced as they were splitting along the creases. We had snacks by the pool, the bar and in our room, all of which were good. The pool is a good size and the area around is divided into a number of areas to sunbathe. The hotel is designed for families, so not quiet and has weddings at the weekends. There is also a beach area by the ocean with sunbeds and umbrellas. There is a boardwalk which goes right down to South Beach between the hotel and beach. Our problem was on the last day, we got back from lunch to find our room had not been made up and we wanted to relax there as the weather had gotten cloudy and cool. Despite two requests to the reception, a conversation with the housekeeper and a call to the manager nothing was done. At 5.30 a maid arrived to turn down the bed! She made up the room. The manager did not get back to us at all, no-one apologised nor make any reparation. So overall a good midrange.beach hotel but based on our experience it can't cope with problems, so consider that when making your selection in Miami. And breakfast is extra.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor ocean view room and go to south beach for breakfast. The hotel Victor does a v...
Green Features: Towels and bedding are replaced every three days unless you ask for it to be done more frequently.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is our second trip to South Beach (and to The Palms) in consecutive Decembers. If we are fortunate enough to travel back to the area later this year we will be staying there a third time. We recommended this hotel to the three couples traveling with us based on my wife's and my previous experience. It's always a little nerve wracking making a suggestion for someone else's vacation but in this case the recommendation was entirely appreciated by our traveling companions. We are all in our late 40's with children (who were not traveling with us) and looking for a quiet, relaxing spot. The Palms is exactly that. Depending on your room selection, rooms range from reasonably sized to quite spacious, and all seem well appointed. Definitely opt for the ocean view, and ask for a room above the fourth floor so you are above the palm trees and can see the ocean. Check in was pleasant, and relatively straightforward. Pool area is sedate, with soft, spa like music playing in the background. There is lush foliage that screens the pool area from adjoining properties. The pool service is relatively "hands off". We visited other friends at other hotel pools and found the pool service to be borderline aggressive. At The Palms it seems that if you'd like to order you signal a waiter and they deliver your order promptly. If you are just laying out and don't need anything you will be left alone to rest. The beach is beautiful, and has wait service and chair attendants as well. I don't believe there is a charge for chair or umbrella service on the beach. Lastly, I have read other reviews stating that The Palms is "so remote" from everything in South Beach. The level of remoteness depends entirely on what you are looking for. As mentioned earlier in this review, we wanted a calm, quiet location, a place to relax and recharge. Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road are a five to seven minute cab ride away, and two couples in a cab would split a 10 to 12 dollar fare. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Further, on those mornings that we didn't have breakfast at The Palms, my wife and I took the 15 minute oceanfront walk from the hotel to breakfast on Ocean Drive several mornings....what a treat! In summary, if you are looking for a quiet, well appointed location that is just removed from all that South Beach offers I highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: * stay above fourth floor on ocean side for a better view. * while construction is going on at...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear T C,
What an absolute pleasure it was to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat Palms guests! Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your most recent stay. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our property and just to clarify there is no charge for the beach chairs as it is already included in the resort fee. When you are ready to book your stay please contact me directly at alma@thepalmshotel.com and I’ll be happy to assist you with the details of your reservation.
Warm regards,
Bayside, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This hotel ruined our first family vacation we have a 6 month old and this was our first trip together as a family, it was my husbands birthday and I'm sorry to say it ruined his birthday.this hotel was extremely uncomfortable if you are traveling with a baby. Our room was very tight could barely get the stroller through their very narrow room hallway. The bathroom was dirty and had a shelf that was slanted and everything we put on it would slide off into the toilet. Disgusting! The toilet wasnt working properly it kept getting clogged. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable. When we went to the reception to express our concerns at first they told us there was nothing they could do, after a few more complaints the guy at the front desk told us to take a look at a different room, so we did and it was better then our when we went back downstairs to tell him we would take that room instead we were told that room was no longer available. Are you kidding me?! Why would you show me if its not available!! We asked to talk to the manager and he approached the situation in a rude manner. He told us there was nothing he could do and sent us on our way. Terrible customer service!!!!
The pool and lounge chairs were very dirty there always nasty birds/ pigeons swimming in the pool and the reason why there's so many birds everywhere is because they never clean up, theres food left unattended everywhere for hours. Terrible service terrible experience would never stay there again!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dom D,
I am truly disappointed to hear about the inconveniences you encountered during your recent visit. Clearly we fell short of your expectations and delivering genuine, attentive service and follow thru which you should have received. I do appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention, however, I sincerely regret that we were unable to resolve and act accordingly to these while you were still in house. We have reviewed your comments together as a team extensively and will use these as an integral enhancement towards our training efforts. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to continue to improve upon our guest services and genuine hospitality deliverance. I would love to speak with you directly so that we may hopefully have the chance to regain your loyalty and patronage as a valued Palms guest once again, if you would be so kind as to contact me at your convenience (alma@thepalmshotel.com)
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!