“Not Worth The Price” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not Worth The Price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is located on the beach (one with rocks everywhere) however this is where the positive attributes end. For a "four star" hotel one would expect that they would not nickle and dime their customers at every chance, and they would be wrong. I arrived from my overnight flight in need of a room to rest in, they had rooms available to check into but insisted on charging their absurd early check in fee, and this was after I agreed to take a smaller room near the elevator, they simply didnt care. I've been to numerous hotels that would not charge a fee in a similar situation, alas The Palms could care less about their guests or their safety. For example, after paying the absurd fee I was given a room key by the agent without having my ID checked, this is completely in excusable and a huge security risk. I tried to complain to a manger, but one was not available. Finally on my departure I tried to have the front desk arrange a shuttle for me only to be told to go thte conceirge that was of course unavaliable every single time I tried to contact them forcing me to take a cab back to the airport. Bottom line this hotel is only concerned about the money and could care less about their guests. Do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Recife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at The Palms in Miami Beach and had surf
lessons with EZride Surf School.
The lessons were wonderful and everyone at EZride
Surf School is extremely nice and very professional.
We will be surfing with them again on our next trip!

Room Tip: Pegamos um quarto com vista para a cidade e a baía de Miami. Maravilhoso!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Good points - excellent facilities. Excellent staff. Our room was very high quality with an awesome shower. The pool and bar areas are very good too. This is the perfect hotel if you want a short relaxing holiday right next to the beach. It looks like the Spa is very high quality too.

Bad points - There is a lot of very noisy construction work next door. The sooner that ends the better. There is very little to do nearby. The shops are a good 20 min walk away, and there are no bars near the hotel.

But as i say, if you want a few days doing very little and being pampered in a nice hotel, this is perfect.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the garden was nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Hotel from the outside looked classic, lobby a bit tropical and could use some updates, and the room exceeded our expectations, it was very comfortable, modern and nicely updated. The food at the Restaurant was amazing, the pool was nice, service was good throughout the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love the Palms - always a classic. The staff is always grerat and very helpful. We ate at their Essensia restaurant for Miami Spice which was spectacular. A sure A+ meal. Grounds are nice with tiki theme around the pool area and the beach is just over the boardwalk.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am writing with the greatest disappointment and disgust with your hotel and especially you’re Assistant Manager Nestor [--]. On October 21, 2013 I booked an Ocean Front Room with a King Size bed for me and my wife. Our stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa was confirmed and previously paid for from October 24-26, 2013. I chose your hotel over the Fountaine Blue, because of the old charm it shown in the photos on your website. After my wife and I attended a daylong conference, Attorney Legal Education Conference at the Downtown Hyatt, we drove over to the The Palms Hotel & Spa and valeted our automobile at your hotel. My wife and I attempted to check into our room at 4:40 pm on October 24, 2013, and were quickly told by Nestor [--], the assistant front desk manager, that the The Palms Hotel & Spa could not provide us the room I booked on October 21, 2013. I proceed to show assistant front desk manager, Nestor [--], the confirmation number for the booked room and computer receipt. The Palm’s Hotel and Spa, Assistant Front Desk Manager, Nestor [--], would not assist us in any way to accommodate our traveling needs for a room that was properly booked and paid for any other room that would accommodate my needs. I explained to The Palm’s Hotel & Spa assistant manager that I am a 40% disabled US Army Veteran, I told the assistant manager, Nestor [--], about the disabilities I have, why I requested and had confirmation of the room I booked with your hotel and sincerely asked that Nestor [--] accommodate me and wife’s needs. Palm’s Hotel assistant manager, Nestor [--], did not care about the needs of the traveler and said “I am cancelling your reservations; I don’t have a room to fit your needs, the room you where to stay in is over booked.” Assistant front desk manager Nestor [--], then handed me a piece of paper, find a copy of it as an exhibit, showing the cancellation of the room. The Palm’s assistant manager, Nestor [--], was not only unprofessional, rude and unknowledgeable of the hotel and hospitably businesses, but also turned me and my wife away from our weekend vacation, as we had no other accommodations, so we had no choice but to return home. Nestor [--] is not an asset but a detriment to your Hotel and has no desire to even help a confirmed booked traveler, who is also a US Army Veteran with a 40% service connected disability.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Shaft2013,
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your needs. I gather that it was of utmost importance to you to be accommodated in a room with 1 King Size bed. You reserved your stay with an online provider and not with our hotel directly. Unfortunately, through this provider, we are unable to guarantee the bedding type. On this provider’s website, we describe our rooms to have “1 King bed or 2 double beds”. We are dedicated in trying to accommodate all requests, however the room type you preferred was not available. Your satisfaction is our number one priority and therefore I would appreciate you contacting me directly so that we may address your experience further. Please email me at: alma@thepalmshotel.com.
Kind regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
Shoreview, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

loved the hotel, but, they charged you for every thing possible. parking was $30 dollars a day. 2 drinks cost $32 dollars. when you pay top dollar for a room there should be a few perks. but most important, no military discount. c'mon man! we protect your right to do business. I won't be back.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!