“Perfect for a short relaxing break” 4 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase $224
Ranked #50 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a short relaxing break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Good points - excellent facilities. Excellent staff. Our room was very high quality with an awesome shower. The pool and bar areas are very good too. This is the perfect hotel if you want a short relaxing holiday right next to the beach. It looks like the Spa is very high quality too.

Bad points - There is a lot of very noisy construction work next door. The sooner that ends the better. There is very little to do nearby. The shops are a good 20 min walk away, and there are no bars near the hotel.

But as i say, if you want a few days doing very little and being pampered in a nice hotel, this is perfect.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the garden was nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

972 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Hotel from the outside looked classic, lobby a bit tropical and could use some updates, and the room exceeded our expectations, it was very comfortable, modern and nicely updated. The food at the Restaurant was amazing, the pool was nice, service was good throughout the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love the Palms - always a classic. The staff is always grerat and very helpful. We ate at their Essensia restaurant for Miami Spice which was spectacular. A sure A+ meal. Grounds are nice with tiki theme around the pool area and the beach is just over the boardwalk.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am writing with the greatest disappointment and disgust with your hotel and especially you’re Assistant Manager Nestor [--]. On October 21, 2013 I booked an Ocean Front Room with a King Size bed for me and my wife. Our stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa was confirmed and previously paid for from October 24-26, 2013. I chose your hotel over the Fountaine Blue, because of the old charm it shown in the photos on your website. After my wife and I attended a daylong conference, Attorney Legal Education Conference at the Downtown Hyatt, we drove over to the The Palms Hotel & Spa and valeted our automobile at your hotel. My wife and I attempted to check into our room at 4:40 pm on October 24, 2013, and were quickly told by Nestor [--], the assistant front desk manager, that the The Palms Hotel & Spa could not provide us the room I booked on October 21, 2013. I proceed to show assistant front desk manager, Nestor [--], the confirmation number for the booked room and computer receipt. The Palm’s Hotel and Spa, Assistant Front Desk Manager, Nestor [--], would not assist us in any way to accommodate our traveling needs for a room that was properly booked and paid for any other room that would accommodate my needs. I explained to The Palm’s Hotel & Spa assistant manager that I am a 40% disabled US Army Veteran, I told the assistant manager, Nestor [--], about the disabilities I have, why I requested and had confirmation of the room I booked with your hotel and sincerely asked that Nestor [--] accommodate me and wife’s needs. Palm’s Hotel assistant manager, Nestor [--], did not care about the needs of the traveler and said “I am cancelling your reservations; I don’t have a room to fit your needs, the room you where to stay in is over booked.” Assistant front desk manager Nestor [--], then handed me a piece of paper, find a copy of it as an exhibit, showing the cancellation of the room. The Palm’s assistant manager, Nestor [--], was not only unprofessional, rude and unknowledgeable of the hotel and hospitably businesses, but also turned me and my wife away from our weekend vacation, as we had no other accommodations, so we had no choice but to return home. Nestor [--] is not an asset but a detriment to your Hotel and has no desire to even help a confirmed booked traveler, who is also a US Army Veteran with a 40% service connected disability.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Shaft2013,
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your needs. I gather that it was of utmost importance to you to be accommodated in a room with 1 King Size bed. You reserved your stay with an online provider and not with our hotel directly. Unfortunately, through this provider, we are unable to guarantee the bedding type. On this provider’s website, we describe our rooms to have “1 King bed or 2 double beds”. We are dedicated in trying to accommodate all requests, however the room type you preferred was not available. Your satisfaction is our number one priority and therefore I would appreciate you contacting me directly so that we may address your experience further. Please email me at: alma@thepalmshotel.com.
Kind regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
Shoreview, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

loved the hotel, but, they charged you for every thing possible. parking was $30 dollars a day. 2 drinks cost $32 dollars. when you pay top dollar for a room there should be a few perks. but most important, no military discount. c'mon man! we protect your right to do business. I won't be back.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

From the moment we pulled up and valet greeted us until we left the staff were amazing and very friendly. My husband and I arrived early so our room was not ready so the front desk clerk upgraded our room so we wouldn't have to wait. The room was very nice and spacious with a beutiful beach view. The pool area was nice and the beach was great. Loved the fact that the hotel includes the beach chairs/umbrellas for their guests as alot of other hotels on South Beach charge an additioal fee for this service. My husband and I were there for our honeymoon and we we returned to our room that night, we had turn down service and a bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting for us. The Palms exceeded our expectations in every way and we enjoyed our stay. The staff were friendly and very attentive to our every need. They go above and beyond to make their gusets feel comfortable and have an enjoyable stay. The hotel is in a great location to be close enough to South Beach and the night life but far enough away to come back to a peaceful an quiet room. We truly enjoyed our stay and will absolutely go back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Head, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friend and I were looking for a quick "Girls Weekend Getaway" and after doing some research we decided to stay at The Palms Resort and Spa in Miami Beach. From the time that we arrived until our departure our stay exceeded all of our expectations. The hotel was immaculate, the staff was extremely friendly and could not have been more accommodating. We enjoyed fantastic lunches poolside and on the beach. Chaise lounges and umbrellas on the beach were included for the guests and the beach was meticulously maintained.The pool area and grounds were lush and inviting. It gave you the feel of a boutique hotel. The location could not have been been more perfect. A short cab ride to South Beach, yet away from the hustle and bustle. The hotel is also in close proximity to Lincoln Road for shopping and restaurants. Our stay was most memorable and we highly recommend this resort without hesitation. We have this resort on our "Must Return" list.
The waiters at the pool and beach could not have been friendlier. We particularly thank Harold and Jorge for their attentive service throughout our stay. Be sure to stop by and see Alex at the inside bar for a restorative cocktail. Daniel Sparagna at the front desk attended to our every need with great detail and professionalism. Throughout our stay Daniel took the time to ensure that our experience was pleasurable and to the utmost of our satisfaction. Alex Varona, who is the Front Office Manager should be proud of the courteous and attentive staff at The Palms Resort and Spa. We will most definitely return to this fabulous resort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
What a pleasure to have had you as our guests and much appreciation for your sincerity and kind words for members of our dedicated team who helped make your stay truly memorable. I have personally thanked Harold, Jorge, Alex and Daniel for their outstanding commitment to excellence! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect Palms experience.
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!