“Great South Beach hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Palms Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Palms Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3025 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Offers & Announcements
$50 Spa Credit-Book Here!
Ranked #53 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great South Beach hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had our wedding at the Palms in June and loved every bit of this hotel. While I am not reviewing the wedding portion of our stay I will mention that the staff did an amazing job with every detail of our wedding weekend.

As for the hotel itself, the rooms are great, the pool and beach are perfect, and the food was delicious and reasonably priced for a hotel. One of the best things about the Palms is that it is so close to the busy area of South Beach but far enough away that you do not have to be constantly immersed in its craziness. It is only about eight block to the main stretch of South Beach or a $3-4 cab ride. This is the perfect hotel for a South Beach vacation where you can relax if you want or visit the more vibrant portion of the beach. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Congratulations again on your wedding! Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our staff and property and look forward to welcoming you back for many, many anniversary celebrations.
All the best,
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
Haarlem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Reconsider before you'll book this hotel. It is absolutely beautiful, near the beach, excellent food. But the service is really inconsistent, something that schold not be the case with a hotel in this pricing range. People are friemelt, but a lot goes wrong. Please also make sure wen you book seaview room, you'll book a low number room, I.e. 712 instead of 728, As otherwise you'll see and hear the construction work of the building next door.

Room Tip: Please don't book the rooms enting with 28, 26, 24 As you will see and hear the construction wor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Leontine,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be absolutely beautiful and the food excellent. Guest satisfaction is priority at The Palms Hotel & Spa and I would like to see if we could discuss this matter further. Your feedback is very important to us. Kindly email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Best wishes,
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were staying in The Palms Hotel on our honeymoon in late May. The hotel is great! They gave us a room with an ocean view and the view was gorgeous. The pool area and and the beach were so nice. Breakfast buffet was also good and I'm sure there's something for everyone. Staff was always friendly. The hotel is a good choice if you want to enjoy the sun and the sea. Only thing that bothered a little, was the window of our room. It seemed that when it rained the carpet in front of it got wet. Other than that everything was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I got married here two years ago and just got back from our 2 yr anniversary trip. The hotel is still nice but customer service is lacking. For having given them a lot of business I was surprised at the way they handled a few things.

First off rooms- room was very nice but as another poster said, they do not sweep or vacuum. For a nice hotel like this it’s pretty embarrassing. They need to do a thorough job, as the customer is directly affected by this. My hair and sand was still on the floor after they came in.

when I originally booked my room, they asked if i wanted to include breakfast for a discount ($25pp instead of $30pp) which i said ok. When we got there we realized that there was a cafe/restaurant (much cheaper) a block away. I called to get the breakfast removed and they said they could not do it. I had not paid them yet and i had not eaten there. But they said it was part of the "package". After talking to the manager at the front desk for 20 min, he finally "got approval"---Now to be clear, my room rate did not include the breakfast...i booked my room and then added breakfast. Yes they did take it off, but not without a fight and I had to say (which I was hoping I didn’t have to point out) that I got married there and gave them a lot of business so it's crazy that they are giving me a hard time about this. Really wish it didn’t have to come to that.

I am now home and looking my bank account. When i first booked the hotel, I used my check card for the deposit. When i checked out, i used a credit card (different card). After looking at my accounts, they charged my check card (card I used for the deposit only) $600+. This charge isn’t even the total amount of my bill when I checked out so i don’t know where this random $600+ charge is coming from. I called and was transferred to 3 different people's VM… unacceptable. They need to answer their phone. I called again a half hour later and spoke to someone that should not be in customer service. He wasn’t mean but he wasn’t nice either. He sounded like he was just going through the motions, seemed annoyed by my questions and was not apologetic. They randomly charged $600+ to my check card (not credit)..this is a huge mistake that they didn’t seem too concerned about making.

Bottom line, The Palms needs to work on their customer service. As nice as my wedding was and as nice as the property is, unfortunately what sticks out most (now) is the their lack of good customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am sorry to hear of this unfortunate experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa. I regret the inconvenience and understand your concerns. Please know that your satisfaction is priority at The Palms and I would like to see if we could set up a time to discuss this matter further. Please email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Porec, Croatia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is actually really quite nice, the rooms being more than adequate.
Grounds and pool area and convenience to the beach excellent.Food and
drink being also of fair quality although the cost of both bordering on being
criminal.We only eat and drank once in the hotel we just could not justify paying
such inflated prices.

Our wedding party consisted of around 38 members most of whom found the constant
construction noise from the new hotel being built next door a real interference, mixed with the
hotels own early morning internal maintenance you rarely felt your holiday stay was not on a complete construction demolition derby.

Our first impressions as we entered the hotel took at turn for the worse as the bride and grooms room was void of any welcome pack and they where given a two single bed room.
this took days to sort out. Our groups experience then became even more unsuitable as various personal items where being stolen from the rooms. please take note a small safe
is provided in the rooms but you will not be able to fit all your possessions in this safe.
My advice is to stay away from this hotel its a complete rip off and i left feeling sick to
the stomach.

Room Tip: sea view stay away from flat roofs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Well, I have to start this review with stating that this is really an excellent hotel with the fantastic location and brilliant beach. We had an ocean view which was awesome as well. Unfortunately there are several things that should be improved and if the hotel management would be interested in, I will be happy to guide them. Let me just mention a few things that they need to focus on:
- valet parking is not organized properly and some guys are not friendly
- when you request crib during the check in, it is not possible to wait an hour to get it
- rooms are not vacuumed during the stay even you explicitly request it so the sand is everywhere
- you would expect noise around the elevator since everybody enjoys the holiday time but you wouldn't expect noise that is made by the service cleaning rooms & hall at 10-11pm which is not acceptable
- when somebody cleans your room, that person should be friendly and that was not this case
We had some issue with the noise from the neighbours and I appreciate that front desk offer 100 USD discount because of that.

Room Tip: As high as possible and far away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for being our recent guest at The Palms Hotel & Spa and taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding our property. Guest satisfaction is our priority and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to see if we could discuss this matter further. Please email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Best,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great hotel super comfy beds (albeit a little high, although my inner princess (and the pea) felt quite safe and cozy on the (one) mattress). Loved the shower/bathroom super modern and felt like too was recently renovated.
Thought it was strange there wasn't a wash basin in the toilet, but then on closer examination realised its built into the water tank! It's an environmentally friendly system which recycles the water used to wash your hands to flush the loo!
We didnt see the beach only staying there a day after getting off a cruise ship the day before so spent the whole time at the hotel bar which served the MOST amazing cocktails and the food was equally great. They have happy hour I think from 5-7 so sample the cocktails for sure.
A long way from South Beach and other restaurants and bars so you will need a cab if you wanted to venture outside of the confines of the hotel.
The staff were so nice and couldn't do enough to help you.
Like I said in the title would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends